It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 22:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Msc in Management application advices

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Msc in Management application advices [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 09:08
Hello everyone. I took GMAT last week and i got 680 (Q46, V38, AWA 5, IR 7). I'm planning to apply for the following programs in round one, and I would like to understand my chances of getting admitted. First a little bit about me :

Italian male, bachelor in Economics and Management at Bocconi (GPA 27.9/30).
Extracurriculars is really my strongest filed : I have been chief editor and marketing director for Bocconi Students Newspaper and I had my own Bocconi Radio program. On top of that I am a students' representative, having been class (composed of 125 people) and course (composed of 1500 people) representative for the past two years and I have been the leader of one of the two active students' unions (100+ active members) for the past year. During my presidency we have organized various events with highly regarded economists and managers, among which Yanis Varoufakis and Oscar Farinetti. I also have a small volunteer experience, but I don't like to point it out too much because i didn't do it for the CV, but just because I felt to.
I will be an exchange student at University of Wisconsin Madison next semester, and I have two work experiences, one as a Team Leader of Beck's Beer Brand Ambassadors in Milan, and another one as an intern in a credit servicing group (second player in Italy after Cerved), specialized in the evaluation and collection of Non Performing Bank Loans, whose CEO who I met a couple of times in the office offered to write one of my recommendation letters. The other one will be written by my course director at University, with whom I worked in close contact in creating Bocconi Buddy Program for International Students, an idea of mine that has now become a real project funded by the university.

I plan to apply to :
Sankt Gallen SIM -> even though is not really my first option since I don't speak German
HEC CEMS MIM -> My first choice, but I'm scared that my GMAT may not be good enough
LBS MIM -> same as HEC
LSE CEMS MIM -> I heard that people with not so stellar GMAT scores got admitted
Rotterdam CEMS MIM -> very high in the rankings
ESADE CEMS MIM -> even if Bocconi is maybe better

I plan to submit all my applications the first possible day since I have a lot of time to polish them, do you think that I stand chances to get interviewed by the aforementioned or should I retake the GMAT? I studied 12 days to take it, and I think there is some ground for improvement (with a few week of serious study I could target 720/730) but I would like to understand if it would be really worth it.

Thank you all in advance for the replies :D

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Msc in Management application advices [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2016, 15:08
Hey Richard,

Well overall you have a pretty strong profile, some of the evident highlights are

A good CGPA and a good UG school, Bocconi is pretty well known and has a good reputation
Further the exchange will work towards highlighting your international experience.

You have some really interesting extra curriculars, the radio program showcases a strong self-starter ability.
While your other extra curriculars can showcase leadership, organizational and teamwork skills.
The achievements you have had will be valuable for sure.

Lastly the work done in your different formal job roles can be highlighted, they seem relevant and can be used to make the case for a stronger business education.
Try to get some brand names on your CV though, it will help.

Overall with a round 1 application you should have strong chances at all schools you mentioned.
680 should be fine but if you can, give GMAT another go and get a 700+ score.
After that its your essays which make your case to the schools.
You can get a few tips on how to go about the essays here: http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-essay-editing/

Also if you want a more detailed evaluation you can check out, our profile evaluation service: http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

Hope this helped :)

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 4

Re: Msc in Management application advices   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2016, 15:08

Msc in Management application advices

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap