GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 03:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.

MSc. in Management (Asper School of Business)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
MSc. in Management (Asper School of Business)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2018, 10:28
Hello!
Honestly, I'm a bit confused about applying to Master's degree in Management (University of Manitoba, Asper School of business), so i'm looking for advise.
I graduated from Czech University of Life Science in Prague this year. My major was Economic and Management (Program taught in English). GPA is 1.7 out of 4. Thesis "Statistical analysis of economic indicators of farm economy", defended(grade 1 - excellent). As far as I know, most universities of Canada require GPA of last two year of study and U of M is not the exception. So my GPA of last two years of study is 1.5 out of 4. Converting it two canadian system, it will be 3.5/4, right? Or am I wrong?
Also I'm currently preparing for iELTS, which will be taken in the end of August and GMAT(planning to pass it in december). I'm confident in my abilities to pass ielts successfully, so i'm not worrying about this a lot. Also I took mock gmat recently, where I scored 650(planning to score 680+).
In case, I will be successful in both exams, what are my chances to be accepted? Btw, i'm in good relationship with professors, so I will have good recommendation letters.
I would like to apologize for dumb question, but i'm just not sure whether should I apply or not because in my opinion I have really low GPA. The world is so competitive nowadays..
Thank you in advance for your answers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: MSc. in Management (Asper School of Business)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 19:12
Hey there,

Firstly, please confirm about your GPA. Is 1 being the highest or 4 being the highest? If 1 is the highest, GPA is the last thing you need to worry about, you can even apply for better schools. But if it is to the lower side than literally Canadian schools are not an option.

Other than that you have a decent profile and being a Czech there is good diversity in your profile as well. 650 is pretty average for many Canadian schools, so you need to aim for at-least 680-700. You also need to take care of your extra-curricular activities and internships, as they also play a major role here. So, getting more work experience should be the priority here. You can get a detailed evaluation of your profile done -

https://mim-essay.typeform.com/to/tSey1j

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 19:36
Hi! Thank you for reply! I appreciate it. Yes, you are right, 1 is highest grade in the Czech Republic, however I'm actually not czech but russian (I moved to Prague after secondary school finished in Russia and then I graduated here from the Czech university). Hope it wouldn't be a problem when applying to the canadian university :)
Also, since I speak czech but not fluently it was not that easy to take part in extra-curricular activites, since most of conferences related to my major were spoken in czech, however I've had good experience as a sales manager in my country and also I participated in one business project. If I may ask you, what can you advise me how compensate those extra-curricular activites?

Thank you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2018, 04:54
Hey there,

While your GPA won’t be an issue, 650 is an average score, still you can definitely apply.

As for extracurriculars, I would say focus on the projects or the internships you have done and showcase how you have added value.

Check out our services to see how we can help you with same

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: MSc. in Management (Asper School of Business) &nbs [#permalink] 21 Sep 2018, 04:54

MSc. in Management (Asper School of Business)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap