Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: MSF Profile Evaluation & Vanderbilt MSF Campus Visit Conversion Rate [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Good scores. Internship experience is great. You'll most likely get into all or most of those US programs. I think you'd be competitive for the UK ones as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: MSF Profile Evaluation & Vanderbilt MSF Campus Visit Conversion Rate [#permalink]
canadianderek wrote:
SASHANVI wrote:
canadianderek wrote:
Hello All,

I'm very interested in the MSF program, and wondering if you guys can evaluate my profile and give me some suggestions.

-I graduated from the University of Waterloo (Canadian School) studying math/finance with a cumulative average of 85%.
-I've done 6 internships (4 months each), 3 of which are in the financial industry: PwC Financial Risk Consulting, CPPIB Trading Floor, and OPSEU Trust Risk Modelling.
-The other internships includes two sales positions and one analyst position at Statistics Canada.
-I also have one year of entrepreneurial experience (Opened an online grocery store).
-GMAT 710: Q49, V37
-CFA Level 1: Passed
-Canadian Securities Course: Passed

I have already applied to 5 MSF Programs: Vanderbilt, WashingtonU St. Louis, Rochester, Purdue, and Warwick. I still want to apply to LSE, Oxford and MIT.

I think my experiences are great, but my grades and GMAT might be too low for MIT, LSE and Oxford. Should I retake the GMAT for these schools?

Also, I recently got an campus visit invite from Vanderbilt, what are my chances of getting an offer after such invite?

I'm still waiting for responses from the other four schools that I applied. What are my chances given my current GMAT?

Thanks very much in advance!

Derek

Hi Derek
I don't think your grades are low. Oxford has got an average GMAT score of 730 and your aggregate, which you mention as 85%, is pretty decent. Given your internships and completion of CFA level 1, you have a good chance at Oxford.
All the best :)

Thank you for your reply - very helpful! Do you suggest me to take the GMAT again? Is 710 and 730 a big difference? Thanks again!

You have already missed two deadlines. If you can give GMAT before the third one and are assured of an increment, then go ahead. But, if that delays your application, then it's no use.
Also, if you have a good quant score (95 percentile above), I don't think it'll be a problem. Since Oxford's MFE is quantitative and analytical in nature, they'll mostly look at your quant scores, not only in GMAT but also in your undergrad.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts