GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 10:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MSF- Simon Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
MSF- Simon Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 02:33
Got admitted to U. Rochester Simon Business School. I am an international applicant and haven't heard much about the school. I also couldn't find substantial data on it online. Waiting on WUSTL (Qtrack) and Brandeis. I wanted insight on-

- the job placements of the course, particularly in NY ( I do not have work ex, only 2 internships)
- the overall reputation and academic level of the course
- will it be better to work for a few years and then apply to get into a better college, or is it worth going to?

If anyone has a personal experience with the school or knows someone who does, please do share details.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: MSF- Simon Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 06:26
veronica293 wrote:
Got admitted to U. Rochester Simon Business School. I am an international applicant and haven't heard much about the school. I also couldn't find substantial data on it online. Waiting on WUSTL (Qtrack) and Brandeis. I wanted insight on-

- the job placements of the course, particularly in NY ( I do not have work ex, only 2 internships)
- the overall reputation and academic level of the course
- will it be better to work for a few years and then apply to get into a better college, or is it worth going to?

If anyone has a personal experience with the school or knows someone who does, please do share details.

Hi, congratulations! I’ve been admitted to the program too. As per my research, the university has a good reputation locally as well as internationally. The school has a strong finance program and its even ranked by FT as one of the top 50 programs in the world and takes 6th position in the US. Apparently, a lot of students go on to join fortune500 companies. The program has a really good reputation in NYC (one of the reasons can be the fact that the school has an MSF program for professionals in NYC). I read somewhere that there are a lot of alumni in NYC and all have only good things to say about the school. As per my conversation with one of the admissions representatives the placements did kind of suffer in 2017 due to the entire H1B visa thingy, however, the numbers are not yet out. You can read their employment report for 2016 though, it’s available on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MSF- Simon Business School &nbs [#permalink] 11 Feb 2018, 06:26

MSF- Simon Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap