Last visit was: 19 Jul 2024, 23:51 It is currently 19 Jul 2024, 23:51
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [24]
Given Kudos: 472
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22679 [2]
Given Kudos: 286
Send PM
Re: My 17-Months Long GMAT Journey: 680 (Q48;V34)! [Debrief] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Louis14,

Congrats on a great score! I'm so happy I was able to help! Good luck with things moving forward.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Wow! I really want to appreciate your writing skills :) you wrote your heart out here! It was a good read. I am someone who has been studying for the GMAT for about 13 months now but have not gotten to the point of giving the real exam. Hopefully your encouragement will work and help me. Congrats to you and thanks! Btw chai and paratha <3

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Thank you so much for your debrief!! I always try to read one before studying for a little bit of encouragement. I did want to ask -- how did you create questions sets?

"By calibrated, I mean, doing practice sets at three levels of difficulty: Sub-600 level, 600-700 level, and 700+ level. The source for these practice sets was the incredible GMATCLUB, where there is an option to create sets of questions at your preferred difficulty level and also to restrict your question sets to sources you trust. If you don't know how to avail this option, leave a comment, and I'll share the link. "
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 100
Send PM
Kudos
I read this first thing in the morning and it has absolutely made my day! Congratulations to you! I definitely know the financial pressure of NEEDING to get it right in the first attempt =)
Imma take your advice and get started with those practice set streaks, goodness knows my quant score leaves much to be desired haha
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [1]
Send PM
delighted07 wrote:
Wow! I really want to appreciate your writing skills :) you wrote your heart out here! It was a good read. I am someone who has been studying for the GMAT for about 13 months now but have not gotten to the point of giving the real exam. Hopefully your encouragement will work and help me. Congrats to you and thanks! Btw chai and paratha <3

Thanks so much for reading my lengthy debrief!

Keep at it! You can see from my story that it were in the last two to three months that my scores really improved to my target levels. Before that I was totally struggling, with no clear guidance. Right guidance is the key! I've tried to be as meticulous in my debrief as I could be so that I could share all the right guidance I had. Trust me, it'll come together sooner than you expect!

Haha. Chai and Parathas are :heart !

Originally posted by Louis14 on 10 Dec 2020, 22:10.
Last edited by Louis14 on 10 Dec 2020, 22:26, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Send PM
BillieBryn wrote:
Thank you so much for your debrief!! I always try to read one before studying for a little bit of encouragement. I did want to ask -- how did you create questions sets?

"By calibrated, I mean, doing practice sets at three levels of difficulty: Sub-600 level, 600-700 level, and 700+ level. The source for these practice sets was the incredible GMATCLUB, where there is an option to create sets of questions at your preferred difficulty level and also to restrict your question sets to sources you trust. If you don't know how to avail this option, leave a comment, and I'll share the link. "

Thanks for reading it through! :)

Here you go https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags

Use this link to make questions sets. You can choose the sources you want your questions from, and you can also choose the level of difficulty you want to practice at. Have fun!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
siriusly wrote:
I read this first thing in the morning and it has absolutely made my day! Congratulations to you! I definitely know the financial pressure of NEEDING to get it right in the first attempt =)
Imma take your advice and get started with those practice set streaks, goodness knows my quant score leaves much to be desired haha

Thanks for reading it! :please:

I am so pleased that it helped you in some way!! You please do practice the strategy I shared, and keep me posted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Send PM
Louis14 wrote:

I am so pleased that it helped you in some way!! You please do practice the strategy I shared, and keep me posted.

I'm reporting back to say that the idea of making 10-question challenge sets is PURE GENIUS - I've seen so much improvement thanks to you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
siriusly wrote:
Louis14 wrote:

I'm reporting back to say that the idea of making 10-question challenge sets is PURE GENIUS - I've seen so much improvement thanks to you!

Ah, brilliant! So pleased to hear that!!! Keep at it! :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Thanks for the Debrief.
The line which I could relate to totally is "Part of the reason it took me so long to write the GMAT was simply that I didn't have an extra $250 to spend on it twice".
PS: I am still trying to figure out my GMAT date for the past 15months :-(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Really enjoyed the whole success story... thanks alot for taking time and writing this for us.

i attempted 2 times for gmat and guess what? i scored 380 on my first attempt,that too after 8 months preparation.. after 2 months i appeared again and scored 370

broken and shattered now!!!
but
after reading this, i am motivated again... thanks

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM