GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 13:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

My experience with EMPOWERgmat

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.95
Reviews Badge
My experience with EMPOWERgmat  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 19:37
After graduating from college in the Spring of 2018, I knew that I wanted to get a master's degree from a top 20 business school. For that, taking the GMAT was a must. I purchased the official guide, read some basics about the test, and decided to take a practice test to see where I was and to try to structure a study plan accordingly. I scored 520 on my first practice test. I spent the following month practicing with questions from the official guide and took another practice test. This time I got a 610, which gave me very high hopes, given that I had improved by 90 points in just one month.

At that point, I kept solving problems from the official guide and also supplemented my studies with some YouTube videos and other online content. I took a 3rd practice test and got a 580, which was a little discouraging. Long story short, I kept studying with the OG and with some free online material for 3 months and took 3 practice tests during that time. While I felt that I had learned a lot, that knowledge wasn't translating into a higher score: I was stuck at 590-610.

One day I decided to look into GMAT prep courses and read reviews on the different forums. Most of the courses I was seeing were very expensive and I knew I just couldn’t afford to spend several thousand dollars on my prep at the moment. I stumbled upon EMPOWERgmat and was impressed with what I read about it. I used the 1-hour trial and emailed Rich, asking for advice on which plan was the most appropriate for me.

I bought the course and went through it in about 3 months. I took my first official GMAT and got a 670. I studied for an extra month and retook the test, getting a 690 (Q46 V38). Even though that score was a little under the 700 mark, I decided to keep it.

What makes this course great? Its practical approach. Instead of focusing on hard-to-explain, complicated ideas and methods, this course focuses on teaching you the easiest and most efficient way to get questions right. On the quantitative side, Rich shows you how to approach and solve problems in practical ways that keep the math simple, maximize your time, and limit your room for error. On the verbal side, Max shows you how to tackle the 3 types of verbal questions in the easiest way possible, again, without having to memorize any complex grammar rules or ideas. Also, you can always contact Rich for advice and trust that he will reply the same day with personalized insights. Overall, this course will teach you everything you need to crush the GMAT.

Once you buy the course, take what Rich and Max teach you to heart. Look to apply all the tactics and strategies, especially Triaging. Some of these ideas you will learn might seem weird and you will be tempted to avoid them. However, you should make it a point to use them every time an opportunity arises. In the end, you will see great results.
Manager
Manager
S
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)
Re: My experience with EMPOWERgmat  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 09:45
Congrats on the great score OscarNieves

Best of luck for your applications, do update here whenever you get through in your dream school :)
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 21:31
Hi OscarNieves,

This 690/Q46 is a FANTASTIC Score - and sizable improvement over your earlier CAT Scores. You've made some gigantic strides during your studies - and you should be proud of this result. With your GMAT Score and GPA, you have most of the 'academic' side of your application covered. I know that we've discussed some additional ways to strengthen your application - and since you're not planning to apply to School this year, you've got plenty of time to build up those other areas. You've shown an incredible work ethic and the ability to adapt and improve; those are skills that will serve you well in your job, in Business School and beyond.

Congratulations on all of your success so far!

Another GMAT Assassin has been made!
Rich

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
Manager
Manager
G
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 10:18
Great to hear you got a great score through empowergmat. I wish you all the best in your application. Cheers

Posted from my mobile device
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 21:27
Congratulations! When you have your score reportable, please remember to submit a review for the course here:
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/gmat_courses/

Thanks and good luck with your applications!
BB.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
GMAT Club Bot
Re: My experience with EMPOWERgmat   [#permalink] 07 Aug 2019, 21:27

My experience with EMPOWERgmat

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics