Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 09:43 It is currently 15 May 2024, 09:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.9
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3529 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11684 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: My GMAT experience [#permalink]
Consider regularly reading articles from The Economist. Try to develop a method that allows you to absorb the text (a litmus test is asking yourself whether you could tell someone about what you just read when you're done with an article).
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22225 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sankarvignesh,

Although I don't have much information on what you have been doing to study for your GMAT, here is a great article you can check out:

How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16683 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello sankarvignesh,

GMAT Club is one of the great platforms to get information about the GMAT official test, Study plan, Section wise instructions, etc. Learning is a continuous process, and it shines with practice.

Your current GMAT score is shaky but you can surely do better. Don't be disappointed.

You can schedule a Free counseling(https://calendly.com/mathrevolution/1-on-1-session) session for 20 mins with one of our experts to have detailed advice on your current study plans.

A couple of things that can be a noticeable barrier to your scores would be some or all of the below.

• Not detailed knowledge of GMAT Math pattern and Question types
• Inefficiency by using time-consuming Conventional method to tackle DS and PS questions still
• No expert support (maybe) who can tutor, analyze, and guide you during your learning
• Lack of many updated questions and practice in the recent exam trend
• Not well aligned with time to solve questions.

Precisely, there has to be one end-to-end solution encompassing all the points mentioned above. We also want to understand your approach to solving PS and DS questions. You can try our free diagnostic test https://www.mathrevolution.com/diagnostic/dtExamMember and receive a comprehensive study guide by topic. This test will clearly help you understand your weak areas.

The diagnostic test report will give us detailed insight into various topics and your performance. After an in-depth analysis, we will draw out the category of the topics in which you are already better and those where you need more improvement. Also, we will be able to compare your performance while solving the PS and DS questions.

Also, make a note of various possible combinations to achieve your target score. The possible scores will help you track your performance after taking the mock or practice test. It will also help you maintain balance in both the sections, and you will always be in a great position to allot the study hours to a specific area accordingly.

Register with MathRevolution https://www.mathrevolution.com/member/signup to get access to our 7-days on-demand course (27 topics, 490 subtopics, and 1,500 questions) for free trial lessons.

Start with the learning of the concepts. Make a habit of taking notes during the initial learning of the concepts.

You may also connect with one of our experts to get one of the best tutoring supports, which will help you understand the topic(s) and solve questions and learn how to manage time and accuracy.

Below is the useful link we will recommend you to visit on GMAT club to experience the power of DS and IVY approaches.

Ultimate Q51 guide: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-ultimate ... l#p1613600

Breakdown of GMAT math questions and types: https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of- ... l#p1641411

Follow the same procedure for Verbal. To prepare for Verbal, you can access many study materials from Crack Verbal, e-GMAT, and other test-prep experts. You may also refer to Aristotle Grail for sentence correction and GMAT power bank for CR question types.

Regular tests will reflect the positive change in the score, and hence, your confidence will boost up. Gradually, with the help of mock tests, you will be able to compete with time and hence will be able to learn time management.

We appreciate your time and patience in reading this reply.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@mathrevolution.com.

Success is within your reach.
Good luck!

Math Revolution Team
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1808 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
sankarvignesh wrote:
Help needed!
I got a disappointing score of 490(Q41, V18). Took my exam yesterday at 1.30PM. Felt like I was going good. Need expert suggestions. I don't feel like giving up until I score 700+.

Hi sankarvignesh,

It's unfortunate that your GMAT attempt didn't go as planned. The key to scoring well on GMAT is to focusing on the right aspects. Before you start preparing for any test, it's important to understand the structure of the test, what is tested on it and then prepare accordingly. Let me elaborate.

What is tested on GMAT?

In this case, GMAT is a test which focuses on your application skills along with the conceptual knowledge. So, just learning the concepts and practicing questions without focusing on the right methodology will not do any good. It's important to learn the application of those concepts as well as most questions on GMAT are framed along the application point of view. And to reach a level of 700, it's important that you learn the right methodology to solve the questions.

The right way to prepare:

When you do your prep, make sure you follow the below sequence.

• Learn the concepts ( Deal with one topic at a time )
  • Learn the methodology of that topic (Most important)
  • Practice a few questions to solidify your learning
  • Move to the next topic only if you get at least 80% accuracy
  • If not, revisit the concepts and make sure to understand them better
  • Once you are done with all the topics, start taking timed quizzes

As you see, I have highlighted the second step that is learning the right methodology. So, you need to make sure that you select a standard resource which helps you learn the concepts, learn the methodology and then lets you practice questions and take timed quizzes. And the best way to learn the right methodology is to analyze the solutions. Spend considerable time on analyzing solutions even if you get the question right. Compare your approach with the right one and narrow down the gaps if any. So, all in all, look for a resource which provides you all the content on a single platform, thereby reducing your effort to shuffle among various resources.

And you can go through the recording below to understand how to strategize your GMAT prep in an effective way:

Hope this helps!

Before getting into further details, I need you to provide me with some context about

1. The time you have devoted to your preparation till now
2.The time you are able to devote to studying each day
3. Resources you used for prep
4. The structure and study plan you followed
5. Your target score

You can always write back to me here or the better way would be to connect over a call and have a discussion. You can schedule a free consultation call using the below link.
Click here to schedule a call
Tutor
Affiliations: RetaketheGMAT by i4Excellence
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
If you want the shortest path to your target 700 score, then focus equally on concepts and Test Taking Skills.

Remember the GMAT is ultimately a test of Executive Reasoning. The test creators want you to use GREAT reasoning skills and GOOD concepts knowledge to answer the harder questions that get you a 700+ score. Not the other way around (OK reasoning skills and GREAT concept knowledge).

Don't make it hard on yourself by fighting the nature of the test. They reward great process as much as great conceptual knowledge. Keep them both balanced.

The best way to identify both your Test Taking Skill Gaps and any shortfalls in Concept Knowledge is our TESTING SIMULATION assessment. It's coached live practice exam with and expert GMAT perfomance expert assessing your Test Taking Skill across more than 20 metrics. You'll have tremendous focus afterward and access to our expert, compact (<10 hr) coaching program that can boost your score quickly and more easily by focusing on Test Taking Skills Gaps.
GMAT Club Bot