Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: My GMAT journey so far, from 480 [#permalink]
sabineodf wrote:
SavageBrother wrote:

Hi sabineodf,

I had the same feeling after doing the Veritas CAT. How would you compare it to the GMATprep CAT? Also, I noticed u take CATs after a days work, I think the fatique build up at work isn't really helpful.

Good luck by the way, I'm also aiming for 600+.

Hi Savagebrother,

I haven't done a GMATprep CAT yet, because I want to save them. But I think I will do one this weekend, since I noticed such a big difference between MGMAT and Veritas, I would like to know a very realistic score so I can really know which areas I need to focus on. Thanks for the good wishes, I hope you reach your goal as well!

When is your test date?

Ah okay, understood. My test date is the 9th of April, scored a 620 yesterday, so with some final tune ups I should be able to score 600+ I guess!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SavageBrother wrote:
sabineodf wrote:
SavageBrother wrote:

Hi sabineodf,

I had the same feeling after doing the Veritas CAT. How would you compare it to the GMATprep CAT? Also, I noticed u take CATs after a days work, I think the fatique build up at work isn't really helpful.

Good luck by the way, I'm also aiming for 600+.

Hi Savagebrother,

I haven't done a GMATprep CAT yet, because I want to save them. But I think I will do one this weekend, since I noticed such a big difference between MGMAT and Veritas, I would like to know a very realistic score so I can really know which areas I need to focus on. Thanks for the good wishes, I hope you reach your goal as well!

When is your test date?

Ah okay, understood. My test date is the 9th of April, scored a 620 yesterday, so with some final tune ups I should be able to score 600+ I guess!

Good luck with that, I bet you'll do great! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Agenda this week:

Go through all previous CATs, understand questions I got wrong. Brush up on my identified weaknesses.

Saturday @ 9am: GMATPrep CAT - test simulation.

Trying to stay motivated and reading success stories on here. Debating whether I should increase my goal score in order to push myself harder.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
absolutely exhausted today, but got some studying in from 9am-12pm... After my lunch break I was literally messing every problem up because of sloppy mistakes

Not getting enough sleep has really resulted in bad performance today. I'm not soaking up any info and I'm getting really frustrated. Think I might have to pick up from here tomorrow.

Anxious for Saturday to come around so I can do the GMATprep CAT and see how I'm doing. Thursday and Friday I will hopefully do better than I am today!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Today I did another CAT, the GMATprep

I got 640 total, 41 verbal and 37 quant.

I am pleased with my verbal since my goal was 40, however my quant is still too weak. I will review this test and see where I messed up. Hopefully narrow some knowledge gaps between now and my next CAT next week.

I did this test fully under test conditions, except for the location. But I was in an empty office and followed breaks and everything identically to test day.

Tried to keep calm during the test and my timing for quant was much better, not leaving 15-20 minutes to spare at the end. In verbal I had a good 15 minutes to spare at the end, but I do not feel like I rushed anywhere. I will however keep that in mind for future questions that I feel stuck on..

I am taking the rest of this lovely Saturday off and then tomorrow will be dedicated to studying.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Score from GMATprep CAT done April 4th: 640 Q37 V41

I am satisfied that I got over 600 on the GMATprep exam, since this supposedly mirrors the GMAT the closest. I am very worried about my quant though, and after reviewing my mistakes I am going to have to really buckle down and try to improve my skills. Some of my mistakes do not reflect on my actual knowledge though, they reflect on my absent mindedness and clumsiness. So I really need to work on fully understanding questions, I wish I wasn't so... not made for this. \\

Staying positive though! I can do it!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What I did today:

40 Sentence correction Q's from the original guide for gmat review 2015 edition (so boring) - had about 5 errors (but I started in the easy end of the book so this is going to get harder as I go on. Working on sentence correction a bit this week to hopefully boost my verbal score on my next CAT.

Worked on specific areas for quant today: combinatorics (my nemesis), work problems (my other nemesis), and exponents (where I have the most silly errors)

I will work on these same areas tomorrow.

Wednesday: Reading comprehension, mixture problems and time/speed/distance problems

Thursday: redo the problems I got wrong on GMATprep without my notes (let's see if working on my weaknesses will have helped)

Friday: Veritas and MGMAT question banks

Saturday: New Manhattan GMAT CAT -> test conditions
Manager
Manager
Send PM
640, very nice! Good luck the coming days!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Such a busy week at work, have not been able to get through nearly what I'd planned. It feels amazing not doing GMAT **** though. But I can't afford to stay away from it too much. Saturdays CAT will likely suffer, not looking forward to that.... This weekend and next week I will hopefully make up for what I am currently not doing. Feeling guilty but I can't just not do my job.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Score from my new Manhattan GMAT cat today:

Quant: 36
Verbal: 38

Extremely annoying circumstances today, went to a new venue and someone kept coughing and it was literally driving me insane. Unfortunately I forgot my earplugs at home. I also had to spend upwards of 30 minutes fighting with the wifi connection which had me extremely angry. Next CAT will definitely NOT be taken here.

I will go through my test later today, right now I need a break! Not happy with this score, I was hoping to be closer to 700.

I do feel like this past week of less study has weakened me in quant, so I need to be sure to stay consistent up until test day.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I've had a full week off from GMAT, because of family matters. So today I will continue where I left off!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
I remember reading your post a while back concerning your 600+ conditional offer...happy you put in the time/effort and did it! congrats ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
m3equals333 wrote:
I remember reading your post a while back concerning your 600+ conditional offer...happy you put in the time/effort and did it! congrats ;)

Thanks! I just hope I can get it on the real thing as well :shock:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
You can do it, just need to stay immersed in your GMAT prep and never let up (that is, until you complete that last verbal question on exam day....then you can let up :)) good luck
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So after about a weeks break I do feel a little bit rusty, but I'm sure my mock on Saturday will show!

Will be working on quant this week, no particular area, just everything (and then on Saturday results will show where I need to put my focus next week)

I reckon I will do my last free GMAT prep on May 2nd and that will be my official benchmark up until my real test on the 30th.

Looking forward to Saturday, not doing a mock last week made me anxious.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sabineodf,

I'd like to clarify something from this last post:

Are you planning to take NO CATs for the last 4 weeks before your Official GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi sabineodf,

I'd like to clarify something from this last post:

Are you planning to take NO CATs for the last 4 weeks before your Official GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hi Rich,

oh no that's not what I meant. I will do my last CAT from the GMAT prep free package, I will absolutely do more CATS (every week) until the real thing. I just don't have any more official ones from GMAC.

Thanks for your concern!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts