GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

January 20, 2019

January 20, 2019

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

My GMAT Saga (580 to 720)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
My GMAT Saga (580 to 720)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Jan 2019, 10:04
Dear Reader,

The reason I am sharing this experience with everyone is because I know how you feel when you can't get that score and I've been in those very same shoes on the other side of those numerous post hoping when am I going to nail it. I know we are all pressed for time so I'm going to keep it short, crisp, and useful.

My GMAT saga began in Feb 2015 (580) that's the first time I gave the exam. I had taken an online course from BYJU's, although decent wasn't of much help. My second attempt was in Oct 2017 here just took some online tests from Veritas, could not give much time because I was travelling so on 30th Oct 2015 got a score of 580 again, which I cancelled.

Enter Oct 2018, knowing that age is catching up and a feeling the need to crack this exam I took a course in Mumbai by the name of Sharp Minds, which was really good, prepped hard solved the OG as well, however exam day anxieties got the better of me, got a 610.

Frustrated with not cracking it, I took a last ditch attempt it. My friend suggested me e-GMAT which was an online course which I thought was perfect for working professionals. I took the Full course (Quant & Verbal) and was probably the best decision I made regarding my GMAT journey. Their course is really good and very well structured. Their concept files are very useful, each concept gets drilled in. Furthermore the application files and post concept Quizzes are extremely good. It really helps reinforce the concepts. I like the Verbal & Quant Scholarium particularly, its a treasure trove of quality questions with post Video analysis. This was for me, was my game changer.

GMAT Prep Exam 5 - 700
GMAT Prep Exam 6 - 700

Actual Exam:
Date: 17th December '18
Quantitative: 48 (68 Percentile)
Verbal: 40 (90 Percentile)
Total: 720

I will never forget that moment. Clicked the Next button, saw the score, I couldn't believe my eyes. I actually put my hand up for assistance because I wanted to make sure that what I was seeing was actually correct and I even asked the moderator twice whether that was actually my score. I got up took the print out and just sat down in the wait area. I knew this was the last time but just wanted to let it sink in. I went downstairs was almost in tears, called my parents told them that I finally cracked it. Priceless.

Few Pointers:

1. Focus on Quant as well. Although Verbal is important, Quant is very critical too and it does add to your final score.

2. Get concepts right before practicing.

3. Make notes and keep an error log.

4.If you get something wrong, first see where you went wrong rather than practicing more.

5. OG is imperative but you would have to refer to material other too, especially for Quant. It'll give you a different perspective when looking at problems.

6. Don't Give up. Getting 700+ has nothing to do with brilliance. Yes certain folks are specifically good in Quant\Verbal. But a good approach, strategy and steady practice will get you there.

All the best & Good Luck.

Originally posted by osh77 on 13 Jan 2019, 08:48.
Last edited by osh77 on 13 Jan 2019, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests
Re: My GMAT Saga (580 to 720)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 09:22
Hi

Congratulations for your latest score

Can you suggest prior your last attempt ...what was the score you were getting in MOCKS??
AND WHETHER any of the mock was repeated

Posted from my mobile device

"Press +1 KUDOS"

Be very critical of my Post
Ask as many questions of my post possible

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 09:59
Thank you for your comment.

I got 700 in both my mocks. There were no repeated questions in either mock.

Best Regards.
Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 10:10
Thats grt
And can you suggest what was your accuracy individually in Scholarinium of Egmat in verbal(SC+RC+CR) and quant

Posted from my mobile device

"Press +1 KUDOS"

Be very critical of my Post
Ask as many questions of my post possible

GMAT Club Bot
Re: My GMAT Saga (580 to 720) &nbs [#permalink] 13 Jan 2019, 10:10

My GMAT Saga (580 to 720)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap