Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Re: need 40+ in quant [#permalink]
mhatter49 wrote:
hello everyone and thank you very much for all the helpful insights in this forum. i'm having problems on the quant section. i've been using PR and lOG for the last 2 months and scoring in the mid/high 30's on PR practice tests. i recently got sat for the actual test and got completely destroyed on the first 15 questions (ended up cancelling the test). the questions were much more difficult than any that i have seen before. can anyone suggest a good quant workout (ie materials, resources etc)?

Paul gave some useful advice there.

If you have specific practice questions, post it in our forums and i am sure many guys will have solutions for you.

Study the OG and learn how to tackle different problems. Keep an Error log or New Problem log...write down every problem where you learnt something new or you made a mistake.

if you are determined to succeed, you can count on us to help you. :)

Regards
Praetorian
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: need 40+ in quant [#permalink]
Expert Reply
mhatter49 wrote:
hello everyone and thank you very much for all the helpful insights in this forum. i'm having problems on the quant section. i've been using PR and lOG for the last 2 months and scoring in the mid/high 30's on PR practice tests. i recently got sat for the actual test and got completely destroyed on the first 15 questions (ended up cancelling the test). the questions were much more difficult than any that i have seen before. can anyone suggest a good quant workout (ie materials, resources etc)?

Besides concurring with the rest of the guys, I would also recommend getting Kaplan's Math Workbook - it is a great way to take control of the basics and make sure you have a solid base there. I would not go into complicated areas of probabilities and combinations before dealing with arithmetic becasue you wont' really get there on the test :wink:

Anyway, highly recommend the Math book.
https://www.gmatclub.com/content/resourc ... ry(%2Fmath)&browse()

-=-

Originally posted by bb on 27 Mar 2004, 15:02.
Last edited by bb on 21 Jun 2004, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sunniboy,

the ascent education website you posted looks really interesting. i sent them a mail to find out if they have any classes in NYC (where i am based). i very much liked the speed/shortcut approach and did see the "question a day" and question banks. how do most candidates use their info? do they access via internet only or do you know if i can order materials. the site wasn't the most user friendly.

thanks.
mh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
SAT Workbook [#permalink]
I have also found that the Kaplan SAT Math workbook has a lot of good problems in it. You can pick a used one up on Amazon for 6-7 dollars. Many of the problems in the medium and hard sections for each catergory were designed for test takers with a calculator. Definitely good for some extra practice if you need it.
GMAT Club Bot
SAT Workbook [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts