Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Need a good GMAT coaching in Bangalore India [#permalink]
damyanti wrote:
I see that I am already a couple of months late in replying. In Bangalore, I cannot think of a better institute than EducationAisle.

Agreed. My room-mate took coaching from EducationAisle and was very appreciative of the expertise of the faculty and their dedication. He eventually scored 720.

While I didn't take any coaching, I do have (what I consider) a very strong "connection" with them, through their book "Sentence Correction Nirvana". Again, I got to know about this book through my room-mate and the book became my savior, eventually helping me score a 42 on verbal:).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Is appalled by all the marketing gimmicks of all the above coaching centers to dupe vulnerable students . Will give a frank opinion from a students perspective, who has taken both the services e-gmat and crackverbal .

E-gmat ...completely useless if u are looking to improve verbal . After u pay the fees u get access to some random videos uploaded, each explaining some basic concepts . The thing is these concepts are pretty basic and can be found online in Manhattan's Thursdays with Ron series (they are pretty amazing and honest do check them .) for free !! . They have very minimal questions to practice from.... a very big disadvantage , since without practice no point in cramming in concepts .
Although after going through their explanations given for various questions on gmatclub I was impressed by them but thats it ..... dnt expect much from their paid services .Pluss they dont have any tests of their own , then no way to test urself .

Crack verbal ..... Ohh boy !! where do i begin .... i have attended their classes ....complete trickery or rather sophistry is the right word i believe.
During the free intro classes they discuss very complex examples which make u believe that ur sooper dumb and then once when u enroll u realise that they dont have much to offer , probably the introductory class was the best class in the entire course . THeir claims of sending people to LBS, Stanford and others Ivys are of people who already had a stellar profile and just needed a touch up on their essays . Dont be fooled by the fancy website . their material is very basic and not much informative . No test series of their own again ! ...... the thing is they claim to teach u shortcuts fr RCs and CRs . The ugly truth is there are no shortcuts . U cant game the exam , no matter what they say . U have to improve ur English !! ...period . which takes time .

So what should one do !! ....... practice practice and practice by urself from as many books as u can.Buy Kaplan Manhattan and different books see the questions and learn from them . Because take it from me in writing there are no tricks or shortcuts for verbal . U have to read dense material and improve ur English and simultaneously practise. Watch Manhattans Thursdays with Rons they are a pot of gold ! when it comes to building concepts....

Do lsat verbal questions for more practice . Atleast RC and CR can be covered . Pluss LSAT has pretty decent questions . Read Opinion pages of nytimes , guardian et al . Daily practise quant fro 1-2 hr and verbal for 1 hr . Use the gmat prep tests very wisely . They are the closest u will get to giving the real gmat exam . Manhattan's 6 gmat test are also good but wayy tougher than the real exam . Do give them . Also search for solutions for each and every OG question in google . ROns explanation on their blog r pretty accurate .
The gmat exam also is evolving the old tricks which these coaching centers purport to teach no longer apply . Take it from a guy who gave gmat twice .

WHO AM i to give this advice?? --- a guy who gave GMAT twice -- 1st attempt - 700
2nd attempt - 720

Got in two Colleges with 50% fellowship . DOnt believe me go ahead waste 20k or more on these coaching guys . ALL the Best bro !! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
AvgIndianGuy wrote:
E-gmat ...completely useless if u are looking to improve verbal .
Crack verbal ..... Ohh boy !! where do i begin .... i have attended their classes ....complete trickery or rather sophistry is the right word i believe.

Hi! Logging in after quite some time...

Sorry to hear about your experience, though slightly surprising because I just happened to read this 740-q50-v40-ir3-anti-debrief-203593.html, where the person seemed to have been quite benefited by e-GMAT.

Anyway, I can vouch for the expertise of the faculty at EducationAisle, as well as the depth of their course.

While you have already appeared in GMAT, I would suggest that if you are in Bangalore, you attend few free classes at EducationAisle, and then write your feedback on this very thread.

Please PM if you are interested, and I can talk to them the feasibility part.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
You might want to also check out this course on Udemy called Ace the MBA Application that has very detailed advice that can be a handy tool as you go through the process! Just $30 to have some awesome videos and examples handy, some of my friends found it really useful during their prep.
GMAT Club Bot