Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64940 [1]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Need advice [#permalink]
To get success and get more points you need to give relevant post. You want to get success within 4 month. This is short time. In this short time if you want to get success you need to hard work.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
thanks for ur advice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
viper1991 wrote:
i have started my prep around a month back.
i gave my gmat prep test 1 as diagnostic test and i just scored a 320 before the prep.

As i see a lot in the forum that if u study hard u can only improve at most 100 150 points
but i am aiming a score something around 700+

Can someone suggest what i should be doing ?

is it possible for me to get my dream score if i study hard for a span for 4 months ?

Hi,

If you are really looking to score 700+ then you need to give sufficient quality time to prepare well for GMAT.

However, we say above not with the intention of discouraging you. If you are really confident and have a strong belief in yourself, here's something you can try in the next coming months which should help you improve on your score:

Give as many mock tests as possible in next one month. However, more than giving the mock test, it is critical that you spend enough time in analysing your performance in the mock tests.

Typically if you spend 2 hours on mock test, spend 5-6 hours in analysing your performance in the same. Go through each and every question and look at them for as long as you want. You need to figure out a better, smarter and a faster way of doing the same question.

Take a note of all the points and then make sure you apply them in the next test. Keep doing this consistently and you will see your score going up.

In case, there are any specific queries, please do let us know and we would be happy to guide you.

Wish you the best for your gmat preparation.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7776 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
This is a very difficult leap to make, but it's not impossible. It depends a great deal on *why* you're getting this score. Are you out of practice in math? Did you run out of time? How are your reading skills?

Here are some of our responses to a student seeking to make a similar, if slightly less ambitious, leap:

help-i-scored-440-on-the-gmat-test-prep-189231.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Kudos
The lower your initial or diagnostic test score the higher the avg. improvement! Your diagnostic score was very weak and it indicates that you are not familiar with the quant. and verbal concepts. You have to learn the from scratch and if you know how to apply them you will improve tremendously!!!

However, you must understand that this is a hard journey and you should def. consider taking a GMAT prep option, no matter if it is a class course or a self-study package or private tutoring. This will increase your odds for success dramatically.
GMAT Club Bot