Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: Need advices on my case [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Fatineel,

Raising a 310 to a 650+ will be a challenging task; it will likely require at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. One of the key elements is that you have to commit to a consistent study routine.

Given the application deadlines you listed, I think that it would make more sense for you to apply for the next year's application cycle. That would greatly increase the amount of study time you will have and you won't feel quite as much pressure. While I understand that the idea of pushing back your applications might not make you happy, it's important to remember your REAL Goal: to get into your first-choice School. Beyond having a strong GMAT Score, you will need a strong OVERALL profile AND you will need to properly 'market yourself' to each Program that you apply too.

1) For the next 3-4 months, how many hours do you think you could consistently study each week? Would you anticipate taking any "time off" from your studies?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Need advices on my case [#permalink]
Thank you for your detailed response.
1) For know I am reading in the gmat forum about people’s experience working full time and scoring quite high, and about their study plans etc.

As for the the overall profile : I am from a top tier business school in my country, had 3 internships in banks (asset management, risk management and investment banking, excelled in the last one).
I was co founder in a club for education, raised money through sponsorship. I also won 4 national competition (hackathons) (three of them 1st place as project leader), and ranked 3rd in a trading competition in my school and I participated in several other competitions to work on my communication
and negociation skills.
As for the gpa we don’t really have a system of gpa, i tried to do conversion based on a matrix I found in the GMAC website and found my gpa between 3.4 and 3.6 but I am not really sure.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Fatineel,

Since you know which Schools you'd like to apply to, you might find it helpful to discuss your overall profile and plans with an Admissions Expert. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Until you've locked in a higher Score on the GMAT, it might be difficult for most Experts to properly assess the strength of your overall profile and your 'chances' of getting into any individual Program. Those same Experts might also be able to provide some insight into whether you should push back your applications or not.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot