GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Apr 2019, 01:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need an advice

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Need an advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 03:33
Hi,

I am planning to apply for MS Finance with STEM programs for Fall 2018.

My profile
GRE - 314 (Q-162, V-152)
GPA - 2.95/4
Final yr GPA - 3.36/4
I have done Integrated Dual Degree (B.Tech I.T & MBA Tech Management (Finance Majors)) in India.
I would nearly have 24 months of experience when I would join the program.

Post by integrated MBA, I have been working in a boutique investment bank (front-end role) as a Analyst and would be an Associate at the time of application. Current CTC is around 10 LPA.

I am looking for MS Finance course in US having STEM and have less overall tuition fees. Also doing MS in Finance would make sense for me at this stage of my career as due to post MBA job visa issued in US, I am looking for STEM designated MS Finance courses.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Need an advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 06:53
msfin2018 wrote:
Hi,

My profile
GRE - 314 (Q-162, V-152)
GPA - 2.95/4
Final yr GPA - 3.36/4
I have done Integrated Dual Degree (B.Tech I.T & MBA Tech Management (Finance Majors)) in India.

Post by integrated MBA, I have been working in a boutique investment bank (front-end role) as a Analyst and would be an Associate at the time of application. Current CTC is around 10 LPA.

I am looking for MS Finance course in US having STEM and have less overall tuition fees. Also doing MS in Finance would make sense for me at this stage of my career as due to post MBA job visa issued in US, I am looking for STEM designated MS Finance courses.

Hi there,
You're on a safe track and I've spoken to a lot of candidates who're taking the same strategy. But I'm not sure what advise are you seeking here? You can clearly look at tuition fee on each of your target school's website. Rutgers has very low fee. Infact all the public universities shall have low tuition. But private universities have a lot of scholarship grants. Depending on your post MBA goals, admissibility and employment stats shortlist your schools.

Best,

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2017, 10:16
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know does it makes sense for profile like me to got for MS Finance or should wait for 2 more years and go for MBA as avg salaries difference is as huge as almost double in these 2 programs in general
msfin2018 wrote:
Hi,

My profile
GRE - 314 (Q-162, V-152)
GPA - 2.95/4
Final yr GPA - 3.36/4

Hi there,
You're on a safe track and I've spoken to a lot of candidates who're taking the same strategy. But I'm not sure what advise are you seeking here? You can clearly look at tuition fee on each of your target school's website. Rutgers has very low fee. Infact all the public universities shall have low tuition. But private universities have a lot of scholarship grants. Depending on your post MBA goals, admissibility and employment stats shortlist your schools.

Best,[/quote]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 07:04
[quote="msfin2018"]Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know does it makes sense for profile like me to got for MS Finance or should wait for 2 more years and go for MBA as avg salaries difference is as huge as almost double in these 2 programs in general[quote="msfin2018"]Hi,

Hi there,
This is a tough one to answer buddy ! You'll have to look into your career goals to answer that. Plus i'm not really sure if the average salary gap is of 100%. CMU Tepper's MSCF program has average salary of $95,000 which is at max 10% less than average MBA salaries.
You can always do an MBA after graduating from Mfin and working a couple of years in the US. But it's hard to opine and completely circumstantial decision. Happy Thinking !

Best,

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 11:21
I will actually answer the question you asked.

GRE - converts to about a 610 GMAT
GPA - below 3.0

Two years experience is nice, but it will be discounted some since you have an MBA and are looking to do another masters.

STEM MSF programs at a low cost.

UMaryland has a new STEM program
Loyola Chicago is STEM (and cheap)
Tulane is STEM
Bentley
Syracuse
Babson
UBuffalo
Cincinnati

With your stats, I would say you should be competitive with a handful of the programs. Your scores are pretty low, to be honest, but I think you could get into say UBuffalo. That is a pretty cheap state school. Cincy is as well (although might be harder to get into).

Hope this helps.
Re: Need an advice   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2017, 11:21

Need an advice

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap