Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
Re: need help....!!!!!!!!! [#permalink]
Kudos
great insights incognito!
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V25
Send PM
Hi

I need help and advise. How can I improve my score. I started my GMAT Prep some time back and I joined Kaplan class but my prep is not good at all. I have my GMAT TEST after one week and I am thinking to postpone it for some more time as I gave GMATPRP yesterday and I got just 620. I am so much frustrated.

Here are my Kaplan Scores;-
KAPLAN
CAT1 -660
CAT2 -620
CAT3-620
CAT4-600
CAT5-590-
CAT6-630
CAT7-650

Here are my princton scores:-
CAT1- 590
CAT2 -580
CAT3 -640

I am good in Quant but I am very bad in verbal. can you please tell me how can I improve my verbal score?
I have already given above test so I am running out of CATs. Can you please let me know ant other resource for GMAT TEST.

I read on this forrum about "1000SC" and 1000CR". This is new for me. Can you please let me know what are these and where can I get them?

I will really appreciate your help.

Regards
VKG
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
vkg123 wrote:
Hi

I need help and advise. How can I improve my score. I started my GMAT Prep some time back and I joined Kaplan class but my prep is not good at all. I have my GMAT TEST after one week and I am thinking to postpone it for some more time as I gave GMATPRP yesterday and I got just 620. I am so much frustrated.

Here are my Kaplan Scores;-
KAPLAN
CAT1 -660
CAT2 -620
CAT3-620
CAT4-600
CAT5-590-
CAT6-630
CAT7-650

Here are my princton scores:-
CAT1- 590
CAT2 -580
CAT3 -640

I am good in Quant but I am very bad in verbal. can you please tell me how can I improve my verbal score?
I have already given above test so I am running out of CATs. Can you please let me know ant other resource for GMAT TEST.

I read on this forrum about "1000SC" and 1000CR". This is new for me. Can you please let me know what are these and where can I get them?

I will really appreciate your help.

Regards
VKG

If you feel your preparation is lacking, and you are in no rush to give the GMAT (next year applicant), I would recommend postponing it for a bit -- perhaps a month or so, since your GMATPrep score and general tone reflect that you will have to be somewhat lucky to score in your target score (which, for some reason, is not mentioned?) Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with Kaplan or Princeton tests but I hear the former are graded hard. Their scores are generally not reflective of one's capability.

If you do decide to go ahead with your test, I would not expect a miracle in the last week. But there are things you can do to be better prepared and give yourself an edge:
1) Revisit mistakes in Kaplan and Princeton tests
2) Retake GMATPreps almost on a daily basis. If you're short on time, focus on the verbal portion as that has been identified as your weakness. Don't forget to practice at least one GMATPrep end-to-end (with AWA) to give you a feel for d-day.
3) If you can get your hands on the Official guide, I would recommend solving the last few problems in all 3 areas and understanding the official solutions.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V25
Send PM
Thanks For your advise.

VKG
GMAT Club Bot