It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 22:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Need Help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 16:23
Dear GMAT club,

I really need help with my GMAT, I have been passiver participant in this club by the means of being more of a viewer and reading what others have done and reading about there experiences.

I have had 2 attempts at GMAT and both times blown out, Its actually unbelievable that on test day while I was scoring like 550 mocks only managed to get 450 in the real thing. From reading all the discussion about people being dissapointed here with 600 + scores, Im stunned as its such a worthy score to be proud of, and Im personally aiming for 600+, I dont think Im a wizz. If someone can give me advise on what startegy I should use to tackle GMAT 3rd time around that would be awesome. Its almost embarassing letting everyone know that I will going for a 3rd time..

I have a month from today to get 600? help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

JF

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Need Help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 23:20
Forester,

There is no need to feel embarassed about taking the exam a 3rd time. A lot of members have taken GMAT numerous times. The most I heard is 6. The person hit his target on the 6th attempt. So don't worry and keep marching !! ;)

Good luck.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 00:17
That makes me a fell a tiny bit better, its a killer exam though. Its literally humbled me on tough it is. Im having trouble improving my verbal scores currently not sure what Im doing wrong, as I have done the GMAX online course and have good understanding of the basic concepts but when I attack questions and a lot of time I feel as if Im playing it by ear and not actually applying a strategy to each question? Does anyone have a certain method they use to attack questions?

dont think I will be part of the 700 club but hopefully aiming for the 600 club...

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 9

Schools: Harvard Business School, Stanford

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 22:31
If you are targeting 600 score, than don't expect a score more than 500 on actual test. My only advice to you is to get ready for 700, and be confident(confidence is important in GMAT) that you can score 700+, than maybe you can get 600-700. Do not ever aim 600 score. Practice, practice and practice!!! Good luck on exam!

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 23:40
Thanks man, your right aiming to low, will set my aim bit higher and see if I got in me for 700+.

Cheers for the motivation Im taking this GMAT exam down... :-D

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 18:43
Hi Guys,

Im currently avg q.34 I need to lift this up to 49 to 50, as anyone got any tips, I have covered my OG & Quant Review books at least twice and think have got mastery of the basic concepts, just signed up with GMAT Club maths challenges. But really need to learn to aim for Quant 49 to Q.50, should I be focusing more on the harder concepts per say?? Tips will be much appreciated, many thanks.

As trying to get 700 on GMAT

JF

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 21:16
JF,

I think one should have a strong understanding of concepts. Once you are confidant with concepts, doing harder questions will be easy. Definately make a error log. Work on the concepts of all the questions you get wrong. Soon you will see your score rise. I am sure the Math gurus will have more wisdom to add than me. :)

Intern
Intern

What happens if you cant finish on time? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2009, 17:02
Question to GMAT experts out there?

What happens to you score if you cant seem to finish? As I know if you guess you jeapadize your score so it better to just work through the questions let say you have 4 questions left and and have a minute to go? Is it better to guess? or better to just focus on the question at hand and let the clock die on you?

Thanks

JF

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29109 [0], given: 5271

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2009, 18:23
Here you go: t75991-penalty-for-leaving-a-question-unanswered

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2009, 19:52
Cheers mate,

sounds like a grey area on the GMAT.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2009, 19:55
That's right - nobody knows really unless you want to put an end to it and conduct an experiment where you would answer GMATPrep questions the same way up until the last 4 and then answer 4 wrong, answer 4 right, or skip 4. This would be extremely valuable for the community.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2009, 20:52
Sounds like a good idea, but not sure if I will be the best person to do it as Im only avg about Q.31 to Q.34 in quant so my scores are all over the show, but given Im building up to an exam over the next 3 weeks if I get to sit the same GMAT exam, I will let the clock run dry in the last few questions perhaps like 4 to 5 and see what the difference is.

Will be good to know by how much they really penalize you...

Re: Need Help   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2009, 20:52

Need Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap