Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Re: Need Help! Failed in GMAT. [#permalink]
2) Depends on the university. Most use the highest score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Maple.. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
 Q50  V40
Send PM
You said you are ok on CR , so I dint suggest anything.
If you want to strengthen further, LSAT CRs from 1000 CR are way to go. Do as many sets as you can. I did around 4-5 sets.
Also LSAT Superprep is THE BEST for improving how you think. They have best OEs you I could find anywhere.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Ross Class of 2011
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Interesting to think that 660 is a failure, which means that 84% of the people who take the test fail.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
lsuguy7 wrote:
Interesting to think that 660 is a failure, which means that 84% of the people who take the test fail.

Defining failure depends on what the threshold of achievement is.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Leopard wrote:
Hi All,

I took GMAT this week and got 660 (Q49 V32). I am totally shocked and confused. Please help me. What should I do now?? Should I retake the test? when?

I did the following.

1) Completed Kaplan, Princeton Reviews
2) Completed Manhattan SC
3) Went through 1000 SC
4) Completed OG11
5) Took GMAT prep many times.

My practice test scores were

Manhattan : 640, 680, 680
GMAT Prep1: 640, GMAT prep2 :700.

I maintained error log. Please tell me in what books or area. I should concentrate. I am equally poor in SC and RC. I am okay with CR.

Thanks,
Leopard.

I know how you feel because I am in the same boat. We even got the same score but different breakdowns. I got 50Q and 28V. I need to improve verbal as well. Reading comprehension is my major impediment to score high in verbal. I plan to give LSAT superprep a try and see what happens. Let's all hope we will succeed in our next try.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Need Help! [#permalink]
Quote:

Yes, it is not a failure. I just did not reach my target. I know I can get a good B school with this score if rest of the my app part weighs more.
Sorry Guys, I know how hard I tried for this 660. So, I dont want to hurt the rest who tried that hard.

ADMIN,

Could you please remove "I failed" in the subject.

Thanks,
Leopard
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
You said you are ok on CR , so I dint suggest anything.
If you want to strengthen further, LSAT CRs from 1000 CR are way to go. Do as many sets as you can. I did around 4-5 sets.
Also LSAT Superprep is THE BEST for improving how you think. They have best OEs you I could find anywhere.

Yes Kyatin. I am strong in CR. With more than 85% accuracy in OG. But want to make it 95%. I will work on LSAT Superprep now.

Actually, I was doing very well in the Verbal part. I got all my initial questions correct. I got a bold face CR (around 12th question). This point, I had more than 2 minutes for each question. At this point, I got a big (2 screen) science passage with terrible answer choices (All answer choices close to each other). I spent 10 minutes here and lost the way. That is after losing this 4 questions in a row, my confidence level dropped. Hence, I messed it up.

Do people who score more than 40 in verbal always face continuous tough questions? If yes, how they maintain stamina and attack science passage? Will the toughness ever reduce?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
I know how you feel because I am in the same boat. We even got the same score but different breakdowns. I got 50Q and 28V. I need to improve verbal as well. Reading comprehension is my major impediment to score high in verbal. I plan to give LSAT superprep a try and see what happens. Let's all hope we will succeed in our next try.

Thanks eileen1017. Actually, I am not a V32 guy. I was scoring less than 30 all the time. :) . I tried very hard to get to V32. But, I will try very very hard this time.
Yes LSAT superprep, is the only book in my mind now. I will also be an active member in this forum from now. I also realized how useful the error log is. It can take us from 75% accuracy to 95% accuracy.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Late post leopard - 660 - failed in GMAT??? you're kidding right ? my ex supervisor got into London Business School with a 640, a score definitely above the 80th percentile.

You just need a slightly higher verbal score to hit 700. Besides using all this other material, why don't you participate more often in the verbal forum ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
Late post leopard - 660 - failed in GMAT??? you're kidding right ? my ex supervisor got into London Business School with a 640, a score definitely above the 80th percentile.
You just need a slightly higher verbal score to hit 700. Besides using all this other material, why don't you participate more often in the verbal forum ?

:) Yes, i am kidding. :) Yes, you will see me around verbal forum more often now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2074 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Is it possible to get a soft copy of LSAT super prep?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2074 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
CR bible is a super cool book .
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
You got 640 and 700 on the gmatpreps, there is no logical reason to believe these were inaccurate, and you got 660, which is precisely in that range.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
You got 640 and 700 on the gmatpreps, there is no logical reason to believe these were inaccurate, and you got 660, which is precisely in that range.

Tarmac, Yes 660 looks in line with 640 and 700. But in reality it is not. Because,

I did not finish GMATPrep1 (Did not answer last 6 verbal questions). Started maintaining error log and improved a lot (atleast I learnt how to avoid careless mistakes, learnt 3/2 patterns. Became more confident) after GMATPrep1. Did OG and OG Verbal review seriously after GMATPrep1. Even I was rushing during GMAT Prep2. But less careless error this time.

Hence, finally, I thought I am good for 700 (Q50, V35).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Dharmil. Yes, till Death. 8-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys,

I used CR bible. It is good for fundamentals. But not much for practice.

Also, if you are consistent with 35 (like me). You can reach 40 only if you do not easy problems (I don't mean tough here). :-D . So LSAT Super Prep might play a big role.

I am going to try my best this time. Thanks Guys......

Cheers!
Leopard.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts