GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 08:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need help in applying to IIMB and ISB

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 530 Q48 V17
GPA: 3.83
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Need help in applying to IIMB and ISB [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 02:52
Hi all,
I have a gmat score of 640 but I am confident that I have above average academics, work exp , extra curricular and awards.
10th/12th/btech
89.8/89.6/85 %

Total 6 yrs work exp in tcs and accenture
Won several awards at work for automations, resolution of complex issues
Extra curr- CSR volunteer, national eco watch events and promoting digital education among children. Lead event coordinator, proud finisher in marathons etc. Also Learned kathak for short period of 1 year.

I want to apply for IIMB and ISB , but as a first time applicant I am really confused about the quality of my essays n preparation of interviews.

With IIMB deadlines approaching, I am looking for a professional help now as my essay is not making me confident.. could anyone help me with best help available in India, kolkata? Face to face interaction will be a plus.

Or is there any other way or people can help me selflessly so that I can get my essay reviewed and they can help me fill in the gaps and make my application strong?

Many thanks
I am eagerly looking for advises.
Expert Post
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Need help in applying to IIMB and ISB [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 22:56
mrinal0308 wrote:
Hi all,
I have a gmat score of 640 but I am confident that I have above average academics, work exp , extra curricular and awards.
10th/12th/btech
89.8/89.6/85 %

Extra curr- CSR volunteer, national eco watch events and promoting digital education among children. Lead event coordinator, proud finisher in marathons etc. Also Learned kathak for short period of 1 year.

I want to apply for IIMB and ISB , but as a first time applicant I am really confused about the quality of my essays n preparation of interviews.

With IIMB deadlines approaching, I am looking for a professional help now as my essay is not making me confident.. could anyone help me with best help available in India, kolkata? Face to face interaction will be a plus.

Or is there any other way or people can help me selflessly so that I can get my essay reviewed and they can help me fill in the gaps and make my application strong?

Many thanks

Well, the truth be told good sir, that with a 640 the main gap to be filled is that you should retake the GMAT. If you have any doubt about the importance of the GMAT in your application, Iw ould suggest reading through these two articles:
http://admissionado.com/mba/3-tips-for- ... n=mba_blog
http://admissionado.com/mba/to-retake-o ... n=mba_blog

I do hope you find them relevant and useful.

Best,
Jon Frank

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Expert Post
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 23:17
mrinal0308 wrote:
Hi all,
10th/12th/btech
89.8/89.6/85 %

Many thanks

Mrinal,

Well, Very few applicants do get in to these b-schools with a ~640 GMAT score. Infact we helped someone successfully apply to IIMA PGPX last year with a score of 600 - I think his score is the lowest in their current batch. But that applicant had a really differentiated profile.

While I agree with you that you may have above average academic and professional experiences, never undermine your competition. You belong to an over-represented group of applicants and applying when every aspect of your profile is strong makes more sense. Both b-schools have two deadlines. If you can retake and apply with a ~700 GMAT in their second deadlines, it would really help. For ISB, you could still target round 1.

feel free to share your resume with us and we'd be happy to have a quick discussion.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Write to us for a FREE profile evaluation
Read our blog:The MBA Decoder Bulletin
Read our Testimonials
View the Deadlines

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 06:39
mrinal0308 wrote:
Hi all,
10th/12th/btech
89.8/89.6/85 %

Many thanks

Hi mrinal0308,

Thanks for sharing your details ☺

With TCS and Accenture on your resume, you indeed have above average experience ☺

Having said the above, a 640 is fairly on the lower side if you are looking to target the IIMs and ISB. Thus, while you must focus on preparing your essays, it is imperative that you re-take the GMAT, as well. With a score upwards of 700, as well as a strong application, which focuses on your strengths and portrays a logical sync among your professional experience, short-term goals, and long-term aspirations, we are confident that you will have a strong chance.

Should you feel the need for a free profile evaluation, please do not hesitate to reach out to us ☺

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Re: Need help in applying to IIMB and ISB   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2017, 06:39

Need help in applying to IIMB and ISB

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hatakekakashi, gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap