GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 08:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Essential GMAT Time-Management Hacks

November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018

07:00 PM PST

08:00 PM PST

Join the webinar and learn time-management tactics that will guarantee you answer all questions, in all sections, on time. Save your spot today! Nov. 14th at 7 PM PST
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

EMPOWERgmat is giving away the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)

Need help with a study plan for 2.5 months.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Need help with a study plan for 2.5 months.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 11:12
Hello. I have 2.5 months to take GMAT but I'm unable to make a study plan. While I have read debriefs of many successful people (who conquered the exam after a lot of grind), I wonder if 2.5 months are enough to get a score of around 730 (considering I'll be at home for these entire 2.5 months). I'm willing to put in double the effort!

I just don't know where to start from. For verbal I purchased E-GMAT. I have a background in mechanical engineering, so I think I will manage with quant. Will take a diagnostic and then see where I'm lacking. I'm just worried if 2.5 months are enough or not. Please suggest me the books and tests. Are Gmatclub tests enough for Quant and verbal apart from the official mocks?

Sentence correction will take a huge chunk of time, so what is a good strategy? I won't have time to take the GMAT again, so if anybody can help me, please guide or link me to the answers!

Thanks a ton!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Need help with a study plan for 2.5 months.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 05:45
Hey,

I think you have read my debrief. 10 weeks are more than enough for GMAT. I myself wasted a lot of time figuring out the resources to study from. Took me 5-6 weeks.
From there on i took 8 weeks for that 700 score.

Also, please do tell what is your current level? Have you taken your diagnostic? If you are scoring 500+ on that, 10 weeks would be enough.

However, if you get below that score, it could take more time.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: None
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Need help with a study plan for 2.5 months.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 05:53
Hi, 2.5 months are more than enough for your desirable score. I however will suggest you to do mote active learning than passive that is to learn more from videos and tests than from books. Test your progress time time with mocks and chapter tests. Egmat is great for verbal and Target test prep for quants.
Hope you find this a little helpful :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need help with a study plan for 2.5 months. &nbs [#permalink] 04 Nov 2018, 05:53

Need help with a study plan for 2.5 months.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap