It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help with Verbal preparation strategy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Need help with Verbal preparation strategy [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 07:17
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Long time lurker on the GMAT Club, but posting on the verbal forum for the first time as I really have my back against the wall and need to figure out how to approach/ study for verbal. I have my GMAT scheduled for November 3rd and I started studying in the middle of July. I started with Quant and went through the MGMAT quant guide which I thought was pretty good. Also as an engineer and based on my first CAT, I consider quant to be my strength.

Now, I'm off to verbal and as the free GMAT CAT suggested, I really need help with verbal (which I already knew). However, I have no idea what resources to use to study for verbal. As a non-native (I was born and raised outside of the US and moved here when I was 16), E-Gmat verbal's name seems to come up quite a lot on GMAT Club. But given the short time I have to prep for Verbal, I wanted to ask the GMAT Club community if E-Gmat is the best resource I should be using. Is there any other verbal course that I should consider besides EGmat Verbal?

e-GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 63 [1], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Need help with Verbal preparation strategy [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 09:47
This post received
KUDOS
dhman06 wrote:
Long time lurker on the GMAT Club, but posting on the verbal forum for the first time as I really have my back against the wall and need to figure out how to approach/ study for verbal. I have my GMAT scheduled for November 3rd and I started studying in the middle of July. I started with Quant and went through the MGMAT quant guide which I thought was pretty good. Also as an engineer and based on my first CAT, I consider quant to be my strength.

Now, I'm off to verbal and as the free GMAT CAT suggested, I really need help with verbal (which I already knew). However, I have no idea what resources to use to study for verbal. As a non-native (I was born and raised outside of the US and moved here when I was 16), E-Gmat verbal's name seems to come up quite a lot on GMAT Club. But given the short time I have to prep for Verbal, I wanted to ask the GMAT Club community if E-Gmat is the best resource I should be using. Is there any other verbal course that I should consider besides EGmat Verbal?

I can say from experience that e-GMAT is effective. What is the time-frame you're referring to when you say short time?
The time you need to go through e-gmat depends on how many hours you can put in regularly. I dedicated about 4-5 hrs a day on an average for my GMAT prep for about a month and a half. I was able to go through the SC and CR material in that time besides practice from OG and GMATClub tests.
So it basically depends on how far you are from your target and how fast you think you can absorb the material.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Kudos [?]: 63 [1], given: 8

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 12:18
nishantd88 wrote:
dhman06 wrote:

I can say from experience that e-GMAT is effective. What is the time-frame you're referring to when you say short time?
The time you need to go through e-gmat depends on how many hours you can put in regularly. I dedicated about 4-5 hrs a day on an average for my GMAT prep for about a month and a half. I was able to go through the SC and CR material in that time besides practice from OG and GMATClub tests.
So it basically depends on how far you are from your target and how fast you think you can absorb the material.

How were you able to put in 4-5 hrs on Weekdays? Currently I have about 75 days before the D-Day. I figured, if I need to set aside 20 days to take practice exams and review them, I've got about 50 days to prep for verbal. Is that enough to go through the verbal (SC,CR,RC) section of E-Gmat? The mock exam that I took few months ago, I scored a mere 26. I'm hoping to land a 36-38 on the real exam.

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 23:20
dhman06 wrote:
How were you able to put in 4-5 hrs on Weekdays? Currently I have about 75 days before the D-Day. I figured, if I need to set aside 20 days to take practice exams and review them, I've got about 50 days to prep for verbal. Is that enough to go through the verbal (SC,CR,RC) section of E-Gmat? The mock exam that I took few months ago, I scored a mere 26. I'm hoping to land a 36-38 on the real exam.

I didn't do RC so cant say about that. I was able to do SC and CR within a month or so. My workload was less and so I could study from say 8 to 12 or 1 on weekdays. And weekends I could put in 8 hours or so.
Depending on your situation you can decide what time you can dedicate.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 8

Re: Need help with Verbal preparation strategy   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2017, 23:20

Need help with Verbal preparation strategy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap