Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Need some suggestions! [#permalink]
i took a mgmat today.scored 680 q(48) and v(34)
made hell lot of mistakes..i have done all og's questions with proper analysis so far. and now solving 1000sc questions and some 700-800 level cr along with maths daily. but can anyone guide me how should i proceed since i am left with just 1 month to my appointment date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
nimisha59 wrote:
i took a mgmat today.scored 680 q(48) and v(34)
made hell lot of mistakes..i have done all og's questions with proper analysis so far. and now solving 1000sc questions and some 700-800 level cr along with maths daily. but can anyone guide me how should i proceed since i am left with just 1 month to my appointment date

If you believe me - for SC questions just work on OG 12 , OG Verbal Review and OG 11 if necessary. Make sure to read the explanations to every single option, otherwise there is no use practising. Avoid any non standard material.

Download the GMATPrep Software from gmat.com and see your level - it is the most accurate estimator of your score. There are 2 tests, after exhausting both work through the GMATPrep SC document in the forum.

That should be sufficient. Since you have a month. Try to improve on your weaknesses but dont worry too much.

I repeat avoid non standard material for Verbal!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for improving rc which material i must refer???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
nimisha59 wrote:
for improving rc which material i must refer???

According to me, RC requires relatively higher level of concentration than other sections and a lot of patience.

Also you need to be a smart reader. While reading the passage - spend good 2-3 mins without worrying about time to get maximum concentration on it. And keep an eye for the structure - What is the author trying to say and how is the tone of the passage changing with every sentence .

For example - In one sentence he might say: Some people do X. But doing X is not good.
My point here is, you don't really care about what X is (it could be a long scientific name for a bacteria) you need to care about What about X? As for this statement, you can say that the author is criticising.

The reason why I told you this is because simply reading the passage and trying to answer the question won't help. We struggle with RC, but its not that difficult if you ask me. You need to be less scared of it and more tactfully and systematic.

Anyway as far as resources are concerned:
Finish OG 12, Verbal Review twice each.
Start with LSAT Papers- about 40 of them are available at an affordable price and passages are denser and there are more questions. Total RCs available 40 X 3 = 120 passages of about 60-65 lines each.
At the end of your prep after you're done with GMATPreps you can use the GMATprep RC document in this forum.

Very Important: Use you approach for all passages i.e. with an eye for structure. Try to avoid non standard material because GMAT Passages are beautifully structured. I haven't tried all the resource available in the market , but whatever I have used has dissappointed me. So might as well stick of standard material.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@akhileshgupta- i have finished rc of og 12 and 11 as well as 2nd edition. but just once...i dint do it again ..bcoz i feel, doing it again wont make much difference. as per u..are u suggesting twice so as to understand the structure ? also how about aristotle rc 99. i tried doing it but passages are very lengthy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
I am going over OG12. But for Verbal, I am doing good amount of mistake. only 60% correct for question above 50 for SC and similarly for CR. Can you please give some tip on how to do well in SC/CR. I am reviewing each and every explanation, but not getting lot from it.
GMAT Club Bot