Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 412 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just finished one CAT. Maths is more complicate than GMATPrep, but verbal is not so much different. My score for Q is 61% V is 91% total 660. Normally, my quant scores in GMATPrep are 48-50. When I solved the quant problems, I did well at first (from my result sheet, I saw that I got 700-800 level questions). Then, I felt that the questions got more and more complicate to the point that it took me more than 2 minutes to solve each problem. Finally, I ran out of time and just filled in answers more than last 10 questions (which now are 500-600 level questions). My verbal scores from GMATPrep are around 42-45. Anyway, I think this CAT test is better than the former version since it is adaptive. :-D
I want to tell people who already had access to the practice center before this CAT test came out that you should try to log in and see if you can do the test, because I didn't buy it. I have had access to practice center because I bought the online test (3 tests, not adaptive) first, then bought a SC book. Yesterday, I logged in and saw that I also had additional access to the new CAT test. So, I think if you already had access, the you don't have to buy the new CAT.

Hey, do you think that maths in this CAT is harder than GMATPrep?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat_06 wrote:

Hey, do you think that maths in this CAT is harder than GMATPrep?

There is not a doubt in my mind that the quant on mgmat CAT is harder than GMATPrep's. I couldn't answer #36 and never saw #37.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT [#permalink]
Hi guys,

I think the new CATS from Manhattan are decent, but pretty tough. Do you guys think these scores/difficulty are in line with Kaplan?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Manhattan GMAT [#permalink]
action88 wrote:
Hi guys,

I think the new CATS from Manhattan are decent, but pretty tough. Do you guys think these scores/difficulty are in line with Kaplan?

It's tough, but the scoring is more forgiving than their non CAT's
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 536 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've just finished it 700(q43-v41). Math are horrible and I had to guess many because I was short on time. I think also that the score is majored compared to the non CAT tests.
I saw few questions in the verbal which were taken from previous tests(2 RC and 2-3 CR). Kidderek, what was your Q-V breakdown?

Ratio good/total : Q17/37!! V23/41 : really poor performance!

Originally posted by karlfurt on 20 Nov 2006, 15:15.
Last edited by karlfurt on 20 Nov 2006, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
New GMAT CAT really a CAT? [#permalink]
All,

I have been reviewing my scores for the NEW Manhattan GMAT CAT and it doesn't seem to be adaptive. For instance, the exam will continue to give me several 700 level questions even though I am getting them wrong, and will also give me a string of 500-600 questions when I am getting 4-5 in a row correct. Does anyone else see this? Is this how the real GMAT works? I though the test would adapt fairly quickly to each question.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
karlfurt wrote:
I've just finished it 700(q43-v41). Math are horrible and I had to guess many because I was short on time. I think also that the score is majored compared to the non CAT tests.
I saw few questions in the verbal which were taken from previous tests(2 RC and 2-3 CR). Kidderek, what was your Q-V breakdown?

Ratio good/total : Q17/37!! V23/41 : really poor performance!

Q47(25/37) V42(29/41)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 536 [0]
Send PM
Re: New GMAT CAT really a CAT? [#permalink]
action88 wrote:
All,

I have been reviewing my scores for the NEW Manhattan GMAT CAT and it doesn't seem to be adaptive. For instance, the exam will continue to give me several 700 level questions even though I am getting them wrong, and will also give me a string of 500-600 questions when I am getting 4-5 in a row correct. Does anyone else see this? Is this how the real GMAT works? I though the test would adapt fairly quickly to each question.

I ve seen the same. in CAT2 mgmat Quant, I have only 700-800 levels questions though I have 15 wrong and scored 49....
Whether it is it really adaptive, I am not sure...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah, I have taken 3 of the exams and Just came onto the GMAT Club to see whether this has been discussed. It's definitely not fully adaptive, but my concern is on the accuracy of the scores. I have scored a 740 all three times and I feel that this is WAY too high. I get about 20 of the Quant ones right and still get a scaled score of 43 (70%). It puts me in the 99% for verbal... Is it possible to get THAT many wrong in Quant and still get 43? I think the MGMAT alogorithm is screwed up.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts