Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: New member - please advise [#permalink]
I'm really impressed with your Prep-Test score :)

Personally, I never hit scores that high in any of my mocks... My maximum was 690... But there's something about the test environment which helps me perform better... a lot better actually!

Alright, about CR... The best book to use is Powerscore GMAT CT Bible.... I'll tell you the best way to use it... This is an extract from my GMAT de-brief... If you adopt it, you can be a CR wiz in 2 weeks...

Quote:
Critical Reasoning:
1. Powerscore GMAT CR Bible -
An excellent book for improving oneself in CR! The best way to study it is (pay attention, this is important, I don't think anyone has mentioned this approach before) as follows:

The first few chapters in the book offers a brief overview of what CR is all about. The remaining chapters focus on specific question types. The book divides CR questions into 10 different types and the introductory chapters will tell you how to distinguish one question type from another. After learning the introductory chapters, do the following:
Keep the Powerscore CR Bible next to you and turn to the CR section of the official guide. Start with the first CR question in the official guide and see if you can classify the question type. If you can't refer back to the introductory chapters. If you are able to classify it, turn to the relevant chapter. Go through the chapter and then return to the question and see if you're able to get to the right answer by applying what you just learned. If you're not able to get the right answer, go through the chapter again and again till you know why the right answer is right and why the wrong answer is wrong. Keep repeating the procedure for every question you do till you reach the point where you can start solving questions without having to refer back to the text. If everything goes as per plan, you should get there by question number 60 to 70 in the OG. From there on, do the remaining questions under timed conditions. I assure you, by the time you finish with the CR questions in the official guide, you will be able to breeze through the 500, 600 and possibly the lower 700 level questions in the actual GMAT :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks!
I guess with me it's vice versa with the test environment :)
GMAT Club Bot