It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 18:46

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Non-Accounting major

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2017, 18:38
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi guys! I have had my list of schools that I am applying to set for some time, and I have already submitted about half of them. I was wondering, what are some of the easier programs to get into? I wanted to apply to at least one "safety" school, and was looking for some insight. Thanks in advance!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2017, 11:42
What schools did you end up applying to and what are you stats.

I am also a non-undergraduate accounting major applying for the Fall 2017 term. Im applying to UT, W&M, Vanderbilt, San Diego State, University of Illinois- Chicago, and University Minnesota.

I consider SDSU or chicago my safety school, but I have no idea what to expect with these applications. I have a 3.4 gpa, history degree, 5 years work experience in analytics, and a 700 GMAT.

In order of ranking hardest to get into to easiest, I would think it goes: UT >Vanderbilt >Minnesota>W&M.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2017, 11:53
Seems like we are in pretty similar boats! I have a 3.55 and a 650 on the GMAT. I applied to William and Mary and South Carolina already and I am looking at schools mostly in the NC, SC, VA, MD area. I have also considered NC State, George Washington, American, UNCG, and UNCW.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 07:45
1
This post received
KUDOS
soro9 wrote:
Seems like we are in pretty similar boats! I have a 3.55 and a 650 on the GMAT. I applied to William and Mary and South Carolina already and I am looking at schools mostly in the NC, SC, VA, MD area. I have also considered NC State, George Washington, American, UNCG, and UNCW.


We seem to be in the same boat as well....I just need to stop slacking and get back on it if I'm going to grad school. I started looking at school, but after moving...and then life happened, lol. I'm only looking at schools in NC though. I was looking at the same schools in NC, plus UNC. For me, the big things are 1- Will I get a job and 2- Where will I end up working. I'm looking at where the alums from these schools end up working too.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 09:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
GeminiScholar wrote:
soro9 wrote:
Seems like we are in pretty similar boats! I have a 3.55 and a 650 on the GMAT. I applied to William and Mary and South Carolina already and I am looking at schools mostly in the NC, SC, VA, MD area. I have also considered NC State, George Washington, American, UNCG, and UNCW.


We seem to be in the same boat as well....I just need to stop slacking and get back on it if I'm going to grad school. I started looking at school, but after moving...and then life happened, lol. I'm only looking at schools in NC though. I was looking at the same schools in NC, plus UNC. For me, the big things are 1- Will I get a job and 2- Where will I end up working. I'm looking at where the alums from these schools end up working too.


That does seem pretty similar! I am from NC so that is where I am trying to stay if at all possible. I did my undergrad out of state, and now I'm ready to be a little closer to home if I can. UNC is my dream school, and would like nothing more to go there. Their program really impresses me, and I think they do a really great job of marketing the curriculum to non-accounting majors. Is there somewhere in NC that you would like to go over anywhere?

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 11:49
@Gemini- those are the same schools I've looked at as well! Have you had a chance to speak with anyone about the online at UNC? I am really considering this because I still have to work while I go to school.

What are your thoughts?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 11:21
SAM0516 wrote:
@Gemini- those are the same schools I've looked at as well! Have you had a chance to speak with anyone about the online at UNC? I am really considering this because I still have to work while I go to school.

What are your thoughts?


I did speak to Allison on the website at UNC. They have this live chat thing that is pretty cool. I also talked to someone at NC State about their program....I wasn't impressed.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 07:27
gemini - thanks I'll look into it! Is it okay if I PM you with some other questions?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2017, 10:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
SAM0516 wrote:
gemini - thanks I'll look into it! Is it okay if I PM you with some other questions?


Sure. That's cool. I got invited to an open house event for unc. Did you get one?

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Non-Accounting major [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2017, 10:42
gemini - did you get a chance to go the Open House? If you did how was it?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Non-Accounting major   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2017, 10:42
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Non-Accounting major

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.