Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 12:35 It is currently 07 May 2024, 12:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73102 [0]
Given Kudos: 18935
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3991 [1]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Not able to access my original ID [#permalink]
Kudos
I also need kudos to move up the levels in GMATClub.com but was advised by my colleagues to simply post and you will get automatically rewarded with kudos for good posts.
Good luck!

GMATImmortal wrote:
bb ,I am unable to access my original ID Kapil1995.

The reason given is kudos cheating.

But I have not done anything ,I have mailed to mail@gmatclub<dot<com and support@gmatclub<dot<com regarding same ,but its been 7 days no reply .

bb Can you please answer the following questions ? : 

1.I have been active for 2.5 years on GMATClub and contributed a lot by posting on various topics and answered many questions too in those 2.5 years .That lead me to the PLATINUM tier with almost 450 points .Then why would I do kudos cheating for just 5 to 10 points ? If you look at all this account related kudos are from the last 20 days only ,when I got notification of the same multiple times I was cautious But when I checked on that particular post They were not coming from Kudos but BOOKMARKS ,So I was not serious about reporting it .

Regarding IP address

2.Due to online privacy , I have started using Tor browser and VPN to protect myself from fraudulent attacks.My ISP is Jio networks which have almost 420 millions subscribers ,the same IP address can be assigned by the ISP to two different people.ISP like Jio ,Cellular phone company, have a limited set of Internet Gateway and might actually use NAT under some circumstance.ISP can't assign one Public IP to each customer ,They have dynamic IP.Also sometimes I browse GMATCLUB from my company laptop in office ,which uses LAN for internet ,there can be other people in my office using GMATClub too .So ,It is possible that other account having same IP browsing GMATClub .

I know having millions of users , It won't affect GMATClub to ban 1 account BUT if you see through my lenses that 1 account I have nourished for 2.5 years gone just a blink of an eye that hurts.

Hope you consider my request very sincerely & give back access to GMATClub .Eagerly awaiting for the Christmas Competition.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kinshook wrote:
I also need kudos to move up the levels in GMATClub dotcom but was advised by my colleagues to simply post and you will get automatically rewarded with kudos for good posts.
Good luck!

Kinshook I personally don't agree with your point ,when already having more than 450 points and 150 kudos ,no one will do it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATImmortal wrote:
bb wrote:
Hi. Thank you for the question. I saw your post in chat but have not had the time to get back yet.

I did looking into the matter and it appears the moderator who made the call to deactivate the account was correct. I see traditional signs of kudos inflation and cheating: including overlap of IP addresses between the users awarding each other kudos which is very rare based on my experience.

Link to the profile in question: gmatclubcom/forum/members/member-968815
Kudos of that profile: gmatclubcom/kudos-details/kapil1995

Attachment:
user-kudos-kapil1995dotgif

Also, another sign of improper activity, the accounts that were giving kudos:
1. MarkTwin2020 gmatclubcom/forum/members/a-1338770 - Registered on Nov 5 at 03:51 AM PST using AOLcom email
2. Elonmusk1857 gmatclubcom/forum/members/a-1338756 - Registered on Nov 5 at 3:10 AM PST using AOLcom email
3. abcd3111111b gmatclubcom/forum/members/a-1297367 - Registered on Jul 10 at 06:15 AM PST using gmail but started actively giving Kudos to anyone only on Oct 31

These are pretty typical Kudos inflation strategies/techniques. I have seen people use them many times. I am sorry you feel you were unfairly punished but there are clearly fake accounts that were setup to simply give Kudos.

I also see that support did reply to you and you replied to them so I am not sure why you say they did not get back with you?

Posted from my mobile device

[url=gmatclubdotcom:443/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=bb]bb[/url] Thanks for quick reply .

I said ,support didn't responded to my reply .

I don't know about mentioned accounts & feel I was unfairly punished because of these account.

Still ,didn't get what is my fault ? and why would I do it for some kudos & points ,when already having more than 150 kudos and 450 points ?

If you are not able to retrieve account ,better delete that account & its post .And close the matter

bb Neither kapil1995 account retrieve Nor the account & posts are deleted .Please do needful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATImmortal wrote:
bb wrote:
Hi. Thank you for the question. I saw your post in chat but have not had the time to get back yet.

I did looking into the matter and it appears the moderator who made the call to deactivate the account was correct. I see traditional signs of kudos inflation and cheating: including overlap of IP addresses between the users awarding each other kudos which is very rare based on my experience.

Link to the profile in question: gmatclubcom/forum/members/member-968815
Kudos of that profile: gmatclubcom/kudos-details/kapil1995

Attachment:
user-kudos-kapil1995dotgif

Also, another sign of improper activity, the accounts that were giving kudos:
1. MarkTwin2020 gmatclubcom/forum/members/a-1338770 - Registered on Nov 5 at 03:51 AM PST using AOLcom email
2. Elonmusk1857 gmatclubcom/forum/members/a-1338756 - Registered on Nov 5 at 3:10 AM PST using AOLcom email
3. abcd3111111b gmatclubcom/forum/members/a-1297367 - Registered on Jul 10 at 06:15 AM PST using gmail but started actively giving Kudos to anyone only on Oct 31

These are pretty typical Kudos inflation strategies/techniques. I have seen people use them many times. I am sorry you feel you were unfairly punished but there are clearly fake accounts that were setup to simply give Kudos.

I also see that support did reply to you and you replied to them so I am not sure why you say they did not get back with you?

[url=gmatclubdotcom:443/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=bb]bb[/url] Thanks for quick reply .

I said ,support didn't responded to my reply .

I don't know about mentioned accounts & feel I was unfairly punished because of these account.

Still ,didn't get what is my fault ? and why would I do it for some kudos & points ,when already having more than 150 kudos and 450 points ?

If you are not able to retrieve account ,better delete that account & its post .And close the matter

bb Neither kapil1995 account retrieve Nor the account & posts are deleted .Please do needful.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73102 [0]
Given Kudos: 18935
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Please send a request from the registered email so we can confirm it is not a random user hack.

PS. I will have to make sure in case this is an attempt to cover up some other mischief….

Thank you.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not able to access my original ID [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Please send a request from the registered email so we can confirm it is not a random user hack.

PS. I will have to make sure in case this is an attempt to cover up some other mischief….

Thank you.

bb sent the mail to support.at.gmatclubdotcom and mail.at.gmatclubdotcom ,Not able to attach snapshot of same here on this post.If you can message me your mail will send to your email too.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q54 V58
GRE 1: Q148 V165
Send PM
Useful for me, Many thanks!
GMAT Club Bot