GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 19:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Not planning a career switch, but applying to INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Not planning a career switch, but applying to INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 04:47
Hello all
I'm applying to MBA INSEAD, however from the employement reports i saw, a big chunk of grads are career switcher
I do not plan a career switch, i would like to take an unpaid leave then come back to my company for higher management role
i wonder how the admission managers at INSEAD will read this? is it a + or a - ?
i want to apply to INSEAD, but do you guys thnk that INSEAD is right for me?
also is there any alumni who followed the path i described above?
thanks !
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.74
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
Re: Not planning a career switch, but applying to INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 07:27
You should try for Executive MBA at INSEAD.

OR

You can choose not to avail career management services. Many cohorts do that. In the employment reports you can check if there were candidates who did not participate in employment services.
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Not planning a career switch, but applying to INSEAD  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 09:00
This happens all the time in consulting, where someone is an associate consultant and then comes back to the company as a consultant. I don't see this as a negative and in fact kind of a plus because they will not have to worry about you in terms of having you find a job. So you represent a lower-risk.

What you will have to do is articulate why you needed MBA in order to ascend to a higher chair at your company, and it would be preferable for you to articulate why a full-time program would better meet your needs that an executive program.

If you have less than 8 years of experience then the full-time program is a no-brainer as compared to an executive program.

One idea would be that you are interested in the transformational aspect of spending a whole year with your cohort, most believe that this is better achieved in a full-time program then part-time or executive.

If you are in your mid-thirties I would encourage you to consider Sloan fellows and or Stanford MSX. Those programs are designed for that audience, where you are taking a year sabbatical off work.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Not planning a career switch, but applying to INSEAD   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2019, 09:00

Not planning a career switch, but applying to INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap