Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Not sure if I should retake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi taliyev,

You can actually retake the GMAT after just 16 days. Depending on the size of the Business School and the number of applications that it receives, it could take weeks (or even months) for the School's Admissions Officers to decide who to invite to School. If you were to be 'wait-listed', then finding a way to significantly improve your application could help to get you off of the wait-list.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6275 [0]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi taliyev,

First of all, congrats on the 710! To help you determine whether you should retake the GMAT, I would like to learn some more about your GMAT experience and MBA goals.

1) What is your quant score goal?

2) Did you get your enhanced score report? If not, could you do so and share the score breakdown from your GMAT?

3) Have you taken any official MBA.com exams? If so, what are the score breakdowns of those exams? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic test-day conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)?

4) What is your study routine? For how many hours a day have you been studying and for how many total months?

5) For how many hours a day can you study for your retake?

6) What deadlines are you targeting?

You may find it beneficial to reach out to some [url=https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admission-consultants-124/] admissions consultants here on GMAT Club[url/] to determine whether your GMAT score is sufficient for the schools to which you plan to apply.

Once you respond with the information above, I’ll be happy to provide some more tailored advice. If you need anything in the meantime, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JeffTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi taliyev,

First of all, congrats on the 710! To help you determine whether you should retake the GMAT, I would like to learn some more about your GMAT experience and MBA goals.

1) What is your quant score goal?

2) Did you get your enhanced score report? If not, could you do so and share the score breakdown from your GMAT?

3) Have you taken any official MBA exams? If so, what are the score breakdowns of those exams? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic test-day conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)?

4) What is your study routine? For how many hours a day have you been studying and for how many total months?

5) For how many hours a day can you study for your retake?

6) What deadlines are you targeting?

You may find it beneficial to reach out to some admissions consultants here on GMAT Club to determine whether your GMAT score is sufficient for the schools to which you plan to apply.

Once you respond with the information above, I’ll be happy to provide some more tailored advice. If you need anything in the meantime, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Good luck!!

1) I want to score at least Q49

2) I haven't got that yet

3) Yes, actually I took all of them. I was usually scoring Q49 and V42-44. I wouldn't say they were too realistic. It was quiet, but I did have some extended breaks.

4) I was studying for a month and half. Around 5-6 hours a day.

5) I want to take it in a month.

Thanks for your help.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 6275 [0]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Not sure if I should retake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi taliyev,

So given that your quant score dropped about 2 points from your practice exams, it’s possible that you simply had an “off day” or that some hidden weaknesses were exposed on your GMAT. Either way, with some more dedicated prep, you probably can push your quant score to a 49. In regard to a study plan for your retake, you may consider doing some focused quant practice to help find and fix any remaining weaknesses.

For example, if you are practicing Number Properties you want to make sure that you can practice a variety of questions from that topic: LCM, GCF, prime factors, divisibility, remainders, etc. The results of that practice will help you to determine how well you have mastered that topic and to determine your remaining weaknesses within that topic. Such focused practice should help you further build your quant knowledge and help you achieve a top quant score.

If you would like some help determining your quant strengths and weaknesses, I welcome you to take my free 37-question quant diagnostic. After completing the diagnostic, you will be provided with a detailed analysis of your proficiency level of GMAT quant topics, as well as an opportunity to discuss your diagnostic results with me or another TTP instructor/coach.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.
GMAT Club Bot
Not sure if I should retake [#permalink]