Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 17:54 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 17:54
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 39091 [0]
Given Kudos: 5866
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 39091 [0]
Given Kudos: 5866
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Now that we have moved to a larger theatre, we can expect to increase [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gmatbalar
Sajjad1994
Word count: 547

Paragraph count: 5

Grammer errors: >1%

Punctuation errors: >1%

Thank you. I see grammar and punctuation errors are greater than 1%. Any idea what these errors might be?
I am aware that my grammar and punctuation are definitely not the best. I would really appreciate knowing these errors so that I can work on them.

As I have mentioned earlier in my evaluation report that I have used a GMAT AWA auto-grader to evaluate your essay. So these are the possible error and not the definite errors. Below is the complete error report.

1. You wrote: ...arge cities and hiring the direction of Adlib Theatre Company to raise funds. Stated ...

Error type: Possible Typo

Suggestion: Admit, Adler, Alibi, Lib, Addie, Allie, Glib, DLI, Advil, Ali, AAIB, ADB, ADIE, ADL, ADSI, AIB, AIIB, ALB, Admin, Admix, Alb, Adi, Adil, Admir, Aldis, Alli

2. You wrote: ...xplicitly stated that more people would be interested to watch theatre shows if there was a larger the...

Feedback: Use "interested to INFINITIVE" to say how somebody reacts to what they hear/see/read/learn. Use "interested in VERB+ing" to say how somebody develops the intention to do something, how somebody would like to do it. Compare. "I was interested to hear the news of the birth, and I was interested in meeting the new baby." Revise: "be interested in watching".

Error type: Word form error

Suggestion: be interested in watching

3. You wrote: ... is there any evidence that director of Adlib was directly responsible for the fund-r...

Suggestion: Admit, Adler, Alibi, Lib, Addie, Allie, Glib, DLI, Advil, Ali, AAIB, ADB, ADIE, ADL, ADSI, AIB, AIIB, ALB, Admin, Admix, Alb, Adi, Adil, Admir, Aldis, Alli

4. You wrote: ...wed for the above mentioned reasons and is therefore, unconvincing. It could be co...

Feedback: Be consistent with your verb tenses. You have used "is" in the same sentence with "mentioned" which sets the event in the past. Conjugate your verb for the Simple Past. "was", "were" (ts42)

Error type: Tense shift error

Suggestion: was, were

Does this all make sense?
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Re: Now that we have moved to a larger theatre, we can expect to increase [#permalink]
Sajjad1994
As I have mentioned earlier in my evaluation report that I have used a GMAT AWA auto-grader to evaluate your essay. So these are the possible error and not the definite errors. Below is the complete error report.

1. You wrote: ...arge cities and hiring the direction of Adlib Theatre Company to raise funds. Stated ...

2. You wrote: ...xplicitly stated that more people would be interested to watch theatre shows if there was a larger the...

Feedback: Use "interested to INFINITIVE" to say how somebody reacts to what they hear/see/read/learn. Use "interested in VERB+ing" to say how somebody develops the intention to do something, how somebody would like to do it. Compare. "I was interested to hear the news of the birth, and I was interested in meeting the new baby." Revise: "be interested in watching".

Error type: Word form error

Suggestion: be interested in watching

3. You wrote: ... is there any evidence that director of Adlib was directly responsible for the fund-r...

4. You wrote: ...wed for the above mentioned reasons and is therefore, unconvincing. It could be co...

Feedback: Be consistent with your verb tenses. You have used "is" in the same sentence with "mentioned" which sets the event in the past. Conjugate your verb for the Simple Past. "was", "were" (ts42)

Error type: Tense shift error

Suggestion: was, were

Does this all make sense?

Thank you. This feedback definitely helps.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
7058 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
234 posts