[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 794: Trying to access array offset on null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 847: Trying to access array offset on null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 860: Trying to access array offset on null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 868: Trying to access array offset on null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "301_school_count"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 929: Trying to access array offset on null
NUS MiM+CEMS vs. ESSEC MiM : ESSEC
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 17:41 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 17:41
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NUS MiM+CEMS vs. ESSEC MiM [#permalink]
aeh08h33hi wrote:
Did you get R4 offer? I have not heard back R4 yet

Yes, I got the R4 offer yesterday. Today is the last day they are announcing admission results, according to their website.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TheMBAEdge wrote:
1dave wrote:
Hi all, I have an offer from NUS for the MiM+CEMS, and another offer from ESSEC for the MiM - Singapore campus. What offer do you think I should accept? I am a European trying to live in Asia in the long run. ESSEC's Almuni network is mostly in France (73%) - that worries me.

Posted from my mobile device

If you intend to be in Asia in the long term, would suggest NUS over ESSEC given their strong local presence, their alumni base in the region and the corporate relationships. ESSEC is a strong name in France but doesn't have a global footprint like an INSEAD and hence would lack the recognition putting it at a slight disadvantage for Asia based recruitment. I believe the classroom profile and program experience of both the schools should be pretty comparable although do try to connect with current students / recent alumni to gain some further insights into the classroom experience.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your reply - definitely helped!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
NUS MiM+CEMS vs. ESSEC MiM [#permalink]
Kudos
1dave wrote:
Hi all, I have an offer from NUS for the MiM+CEMS, and another offer from ESSEC for the MiM - Singapore campus. What offer do you think I should accept? I am a European trying to live in Asia in the long run. ESSEC's Almuni network is mostly in France (73%) - that worries me.

1dave congrats on the admits!

While it is easy to say that if you want to settle in Asia, it is better to pick an Asian school, I hope you will consider other factors such as the prestige of the program in consideration, job prospects for international students and exposure to opportunities.

ECCEC MiM is a very prestigious program as it is one of the original Grande Ecoles in France. Even though the NUS brand is strong (for its technical and MBA programs), you need to be aware that the job market in Singapore is very saturated and that graduating from a relatively newer program as an international student brings its own challenges and nuances. Also factor in the scenario that you may have to return or move to another country in the short term. I am not saying one is better than the other. But the best way to judge would be to talk to people who have a similar background as you (Europeans who studied MiM+CEMs and then got the opportunities they wanted in SE Asia/Asia).

Interestingly, I found an old thread that might be helpful for you. - https://gmatclub.com/forum/nus-mim-cems ... 30-80.html

Try reaching out to people who have done extensive research on the NUS MiM+CEMs program. Even better - contact both the schools and ask them to put you in touch with international alumni from Singapore. Discuss the program details and how the offerings can take you closer to your goals (industry focus/geography focus) Make every effort to understand what is being offered before investing time and money. You owe it to yourself to do so.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
1dave wrote:

While it is easy to say that if you want to settle in Asia, it is better to pick an Asian school, I hope you will consider other factors such as the prestige of the program in consideration, job prospects for international students and exposure to opportunities.

ECCEC MiM is a very prestigious program as it is one of the original Grande Ecoles in France. Even though the NUS brand is strong (for its technical and MBA programs), you need to be aware that the job market in Singapore is very saturated and that graduating from a relatively newer program as an international student brings its own challenges and nuances. Also factor in the scenario that you may have to return or move to another country in the short term. I am not saying one is better than the other. But the best way to judge would be to talk to people who have a similar background as you (Europeans who studied MiM+CEMs and then got the opportunities they wanted in SE Asia/Asia).

Interestingly, I found an old thread that might be helpful for you. - https://gmatclub.com/forum/nus-mim-cems ... 30-80.html

Try reaching out to people who have done extensive research on the NUS MiM+CEMs program. Even better - contact both the schools and ask them to put you in touch with international alumni from Singapore. Discuss the program details and how the offerings can take you closer to your goals (industry focus/geography focus) Make every effort to understand what is being offered before investing time and money. You owe it to yourself to do so.

Best wishes

MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com

Hi Aanchal,

I deeply appreciate your comprehensive response. I have thoroughly read the linked thread, which initially raised concerns about NUS. Moreover, I have taken your advice and reached out to several alumni, and based on those conversations, I have arrived at the following conclusions.

NUS boasts – unsurprisingly – a remarkably robust alumni network in the Asia-Pacific region. Additionally, CEMS demonstrates a strong corporate and alumni network in Europe, particularly within the consulting industry. I have been informed that a degree from a well-established "local" institution like NUS has opened doors to internship opportunities for other Europeans, and some individuals have even secured full-time positions. I was also told of cases where students started to work for the VC/PE funds of professors. Contrary to the concerns expressed in the forum, the career services provided by NUS have received much praise. The teaching quality has received overall positive ratings; however, it has been noted that the level of teaching can vary significantly depending on the individual professor.

Although the ESSEC MiM program carries greater prestige, in my specific circumstances, the NUS MiM+CEMS program appears to be a better fit. Opting for NUS would also alleviate some financial pressures and allow me to pursue another great internship opportunity that has just been offered to me in my home country.

Ultimately, such a significant decision is influenced by a multitude of personal factors and individual circumstances. Nonetheless, I hope that sharing my experience publicly may assist others who find themselves grappling with a similar decision in the future!

Best,
Dave
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
1dave wrote:
MBAGuide wrote:
1dave wrote:

Best wishes

MBAGuideConsulting

Hi Aanchal,

I deeply appreciate your comprehensive response. I have thoroughly read the linked thread, which initially raised concerns about NUS. Moreover, I have taken your advice and reached out to several alumni, and based on those conversations, I have arrived at the following conclusions.

NUS boasts – unsurprisingly – a remarkably robust alumni network in the Asia-Pacific region. Additionally, CEMS demonstrates a strong corporate and alumni network in Europe, particularly within the consulting industry. I have been informed that a degree from a well-established "local" institution like NUS has opened doors to internship opportunities for other Europeans, and some individuals have even secured full-time positions. I was also told of cases where students started to work for the VC/PE funds of professors. Contrary to the concerns expressed in the forum, the career services provided by NUS have received much praise. The teaching quality has received overall positive ratings; however, it has been noted that the level of teaching can vary significantly depending on the individual professor.

Although the ESSEC MiM program carries greater prestige, in my specific circumstances, the NUS MiM+CEMS program appears to be a better fit. Opting for NUS would also alleviate some financial pressures and allow me to pursue another great internship opportunity that has just been offered to me in my home country.

Ultimately, such a significant decision is influenced by a multitude of personal factors and individual circumstances. Nonetheless, I hope that sharing my experience publicly may assist others who find themselves grappling with a similar decision in the future!

Best,
Dave

1dave
I'm so glad you took my advice and invested the time and effort to gather comprehensive information about the programs. Your research will serve as a valuable reference for anyone interested and seeking clarity on the program.

Best wishes for your future endeavors! :)
GMAT Club Bot