Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 07:22 It is currently 10 May 2024, 07:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NUS MSBA 2017 intake [#permalink]
@Ija - what is your profile?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have 6 and half years of work experience in Product Development org but no analytics/data science experience. I have been part of various clubs at work and college and have also been involved in community work. I still have to give gmat. I am planning for mid January based on my preparation. Some schools have deadlines till February or so. I was thinking if I could at least fill my application and send gmat score as I get it, it should be good.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
babyboy wrote:
Hi. The interview mainly revolved around my resume and knowledge of programming languages. Also some HR questions like - what are the characteristics in a Leader and why NUS? Also, they fish out any inconsistences in your transcript and ask you regarding that. Eg if a grade is very low or if two similar subjects have very different grades - things like that.
I have not applied to other colleges. Just banking my hope on this one.

What was your gmat score? Do you have prior experience in analytics/statistics/big data? I am not clear if any experience relevant to this is needed. I checked few University websites and there was no such requirement.

Can anyone please suggest if any relevant experience is needed to get into these programs?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ija wrote:
babyboy wrote:
Hi. The interview mainly revolved around my resume and knowledge of programming languages. Also some HR questions like - what are the characteristics in a Leader and why NUS? Also, they fish out any inconsistences in your transcript and ask you regarding that. Eg if a grade is very low or if two similar subjects have very different grades - things like that.
I have not applied to other colleges. Just banking my hope on this one.

What was your gmat score? Do you have prior experience in analytics/statistics/big data? I am not clear if any experience relevant to this is needed. I checked few University websites and there was no such requirement.

Can anyone please suggest if any relevant experience is needed to get into these programs?

I didn't appear for GMAT. My GRE score is 317 (Quants - 163 and Verbal - 154) and I secured a band 8 in IELTS. I have about 8+ months of work experience in analytics while my total work experience is around 3.5 years. I too don't think that prior experience is mandatory but I'm sure some understand prior to the program certainly helps you fit the bill. What are your thoughts on that?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Send PM
What is considered to be good GMAT score for this program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
babyboy wrote:
Hi All

I applied on 4th December 2016 and got an interview call on 13th December mentioning that that my interview will be on 15th. I gave my interview yesterday which was mostly technical and related to my work experience and summer internships. It lasted for around 20 minutes. Is anyone else on the same boat as mine? It would be good to connect.

Congrats for the interview invite. Have you been accepted at NUS? If you have been, what is it like studying an MBA at NUS?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Terabyte wrote:
What is considered to be good GMAT score for this program?

Hi Terabyte

Apologies for the delayed response. A good GMAT score should range somewhere around 680-720.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mkrishnabdrr wrote:
babyboy wrote:
Hi All

I applied on 4th December 2016 and got an interview call on 13th December mentioning that that my interview will be on 15th. I gave my interview yesterday which was mostly technical and related to my work experience and summer internships. It lasted for around 20 minutes. Is anyone else on the same boat as mine? It would be good to connect.

Congrats for the interview invite. Have you been accepted at NUS? If you have been, what is it like studying an MBA at NUS?

Hi

Yes, I have been accepted at NUS. The MSBA course starts on 31st July(tentative). I will definitely share my experience at a later stage with you. :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73131 [0]
Given Kudos: 18942
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived NUS Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our NUS Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated NUS Forum for all fresh things related to the NUS MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts