It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 13:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYC MBA SCHOOLS - recent college grad need advice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

NYC MBA SCHOOLS - recent college grad need advice [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2016, 17:14
Need some advice on applying to MBA programs

Im graduating with 2.9 gpa bachelor degree in sociology end of may and been working for ecommerce business/social media manager for 4 years.
Just talked to a business advisor at my college who said i should wait and work fulltime for another business for 2 years then i should apply for MBA programs.

Do you agree, should i wait ? Or should i start applying now?
:)

Last edited by imirza on 06 May 2016, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: NYC MBA SCHOOLS - recent college grad need advice [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2016, 18:42
With regards to GMAT - I'd take it now before you graduate just because it's much more difficult to set aside time to study/prep while you have a full-time job.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: NYC MBA SCHOOLS - recent college grad need advice [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 05:49
imirza wrote:
Need some advice on applying to MBA programs

Im graduating with 2.9 gpa bachelor degree in sociology end of may and been working for ecommerce business/social media manager for 4 years.
Just talked to a business advisor at my college who said i should wait and work fulltime for another business for 2 years then i should apply for MBA programs.

Do you agree, should i wait ? Or should i start applying now?

Should i take the GMAT as well? all though i don't want to take it, but if it recommended then i guess i should.

-Any advice will be helpful :)

Please do some research. No reputable MBA program will accept you without a minimum of 2 years full time work experience. Ideally, you should have minimum of 3 years at matriculation.

You don't want to take the GMAT? Where are you planning on applying? Please do research before posting. You can't just walk into an MBA program directly out of undergrad without meeting any of the requirements.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: NYC MBA SCHOOLS - recent college grad need advice   [#permalink] 20 Apr 2016, 05:49