Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: NYU MSQM [#permalink]
postgradlifesucks wrote:
While nyu stern MBA is competitive, the msqm can be for people even without work experience or test scores so I am not comparing it to the MBA stats

Posted from my mobile device

Well, I was not talking about MBA either. Two of my acquaintance applied for MS Accounting and MS marketing at Stern but got rejected. They had good GPAs and GRE scores, so I believe NYU stern is competitive in totality. As much as I remember MSQM is an online degree and both professionals and freshers are allowed to apply. Have to cross-check but if it is indeed an online degree I would rather suggest you study full-time on campus. Rest your choice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your input I didn’t know much about their ms programs either (I was interested in two that were in Shanghai but obvi it’s not going to happen anytime soon). While being on campus has its benefits I am interested in part time online so that I can also work simultaneously and maybe later down the road apply to an in person one.

Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
NYU MSQM [#permalink]
Expert Reply
postgradlifesucks wrote:
Hey all
I know since this is a fairly new program there’s not a lot of stats on it. Does anyone know how competitive it is and if applying during the last round would be worth it? Interested on anyones profile - both admitted and rejected.

Any thoughts, opinions, and knowledge of the program is welcomed!

Hello postgradlifesucks,

To get into NYU for any program is not going to be a cakewalk. Apply, only if you feel you are doing so with your best case at hand.

If you can wait, spend more time building your profile and working on your essays.

All the best!

Originally posted by ExpertsGlobal on 29 Apr 2022, 00:47.
Last edited by ExpertsGlobal on 29 Apr 2022, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I guess this is my fault for posting in an online format but your guy’s answers sucks. First off who said anything about being an international student. Also, for the MBA applying round 1 definitely does have an advantage the MSQM is not an MBA and they review their applicants on a rolling basis so there is no advantage to applying to the earlier rounds except for scholarship consideration. Again this is my fault for posting in an online sub I just thought there would be more people who had experience applying/interviewing/ being accepted commenting and not just know it alls giving the most generic unhelpful and sometimes not even relevant answers ever

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
3137 posts