GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 19:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Official GMAT Prep Error- got logged out and timer keeps running.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Official GMAT Prep Error- got logged out and timer keeps running.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 01:33
Hi,
Is anyone facing an issue with the official GMAT Prep site?
I was doing a practice test, almost done, just 2 questions left in verbal (quant, verbal, ir, awa option), when I was sent a message that you have been logged out due to inactivity? I had less than a minute left in verbal, but definitely was very active on the site.
This is not very helpful as my last 2 hours have gone waste, and am unable to find the feedback to my previous questions (complete quant+ 34 verbal questions)

Another issue I've noticed is that after I submit an answer and wait for the next question to load, I've noticed the timer continues. It certainly adds up by the time the section is coming to an end.

Is anyone else facing such an issue? I've sent mba.com a message, but based on feedback here, they don't respond much to such queries.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Official GMAT Prep Error- got logged out and timer keeps running.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 19:40
taniad wrote:
Hi,
Is anyone facing an issue with the official GMAT Prep site?
I was doing a practice test, almost done, just 2 questions left in verbal (quant, verbal, ir, awa option), when I was sent a message that you have been logged out due to inactivity? I had less than a minute left in verbal, but definitely was very active on the site.
This is not very helpful as my last 2 hours have gone waste, and am unable to find the feedback to my previous questions (complete quant+ 34 verbal questions)

Another issue I've noticed is that after I submit an answer and wait for the next question to load, I've noticed the timer continues. It certainly adds up by the time the section is coming to an end.

Is anyone else facing such an issue? I've sent mba.com a message, but based on feedback here, they don't respond much to such queries.
Quite a few people have reported problems with the online platform, though I haven't come across this one (inactivity) yet.

As for what you've mentioned about the timer, yes, the time it takes for the communication and processing to happen does impact timing. I don't see how they could fix this, short of sending all the questions in the pool and an implementation of the algorithm to the browser so that everything can be done on the test taker's computer. This one really comes down to the speed of their servers and the connection between their servers and the test taker's computer.

Also, when the online platform first came out, I checked whether the timer was working properly (with a stopwatch). I actually found that over a period of 2 minutes or so, the timer on the test fell behind actual time by around 2 seconds. I wonder whether anyone else has noticed anything like this. At the time I had thought that it was just a problem with my computer.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Official GMAT Prep Error- got logged out and timer keeps running.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 07:50
Apparently my uncompleted exam was back on the system after 24 hrs, had to click continue to finish the exam.

I noticed your point on the timer.
Generally, while submitting question 1, the timer continues, eg: it shows 19.02, 19.03, 19.04, 19.05 and the next question loads, it starts at 19.04. I guess, they make up for the lost seconds in the following question, so the sections are as per the timer.
However, the stress it causes when you're anticipating the next question!

Lets see how future prep exam goes.
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 17:13
Glad things are working for you. If you run into any further issues, give the folks at GMAC a call to work out a fix.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Official GMAT Prep Error- got logged out and timer keeps running. &nbs [#permalink] 27 Sep 2018, 17:13

Official GMAT Prep Error- got logged out and timer keeps running.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap