Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Send PM
Re: OG 11 edition can beat?? [#permalink]
Kudos
naychi wrote:
sandeep800 wrote:
naychi wrote:
Dear all,

I have an issue that I have 11 edition OG book only. Is it enough or should I buy 12 edition OG book? By the way, I have only 1 month left to crack down GMAT exam. :( Please give any suggestion for that. Thanks and appreciate any advice.

Hi u can check the comparison of OG 11 and OG 12 done by Manhattan..It will give u detailed analysis topic wise too and as a whole book too...
https://www.manhattangmat.com/official-guide-12.cfm
hope it helps ur issue...
Thanx

Awesome analysis! But I'm a bit stupid so that I can't decide to buy 12th edition to study in a month left or to study 11 edition I have already bought long ago. :( If possible, please advise me for this because time is restricted for me to crack GMAT exam down. Thanks a lot.

Hi Naychi,
Well dont get so much confused.."Out of 907 problems, 607 are repeats."
this line clears the doubt that u can have all idea from og11 about questions types .only addition of 300 questions from GMAC previous Papers is there..I think u should study the questions and their analysis from OG11.which shud be enuf as far as concepts and the type of questions is concerned..If u want additional practice of questions then only u shud go with og12...Which i think is not feasible since u have only one month left...Try to focus on concepts
mostly from OG 11..This will help u..Morover taking the GMAT prep tests 2-3 times will also give u additional practice of questions under timed mode...

thanx
sandy
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72866 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
you don't need to buy OG 12. It has a few new things, and many believe is more in line with the GMAT, but millions of test takers have been able to score 700+ without it. Your humble servant, has managed to get 750 without ever owning one... I don't recommend it just want to say that it is possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
you don't need to buy OG 12. It has a few new things, and many believe is more in line with the GMAT, but millions of test takers have been able to score 700+ without it. Your humble servant, has managed to get 750 without ever owning one... I don't recommend it just want to say that it is possible.

Hello bb,

Thank you very much for your advice. :) Could you guide me also how to study in smarter ways to get score 650+ in 1 month study, please? I have scheduled to take GMAT on 19 October, but I have not started to study GMAT before. :( Hoping to see your advice soon. Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72866 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:

Yes, I've seen so that I'm worried much. In that link, the study plan is suggested for 3 months. But I have 1 month left to study and I can't give more than 120 hours. :( And I'm aiming to get 650+ score. I'm planning to study from the following books
    Kaplan Math foundation for MATH.
    For Verbal, manhattan SC and manhattan CR and Kaplan Verbal workbook.
    1 OG book (11th or 12th edition)
I'll take only 2 CAT practice tests from GMAC. I'm finding the smarter ways (strategies) to get 650+ score within a short period of study. Please share me the tips you know for cracking GMAT. Thanks a lot for your time and your attention.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
I would recommend you to take a diagnostic test as soon as possible and then chalk out your strategy keeping in mind your weak and strong areas.

Also, as mentioned by bb, you dont need to fret over OG 12 or OG 11. I am studying from OG 11 and have no qualms about not owning OG 12 :)

Originally posted by dokiyoki on 19 Sep 2010, 00:32.
Last edited by dokiyoki on 19 Sep 2010, 07:16, edited 3 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
naychi wrote:
bb wrote:

Hello bb,

Thank you very much for your advice. :) Could you guide me also how to study in smarter ways to get score 650+ in 1 month study, please? I have scheduled to take GMAT on 19 October, but I have not started to study GMAT before. :( Hoping to see your advice soon. Thanks.

HI Nayachi,
First of all its difficult to make exact plan of study for some1 since it depends on person to person how they wanaa study and their schedule and time devotion....
but since u are insisting for some kinda plan schedule......
https://www.gmattutor.com/hundred.html U may find this link useful for u...Although i personally dont follow this..
I tried following them sometime back but left in midway coz of some reasons....

They have 100 hr plan for most of the guides which u have...Instead of Manhattan review u can use Manhattan GMAT...
But i will say give some time analysing feasibility of this plan before starting Because in the first look it looks perfect to follow but u realise after spending sometime that things may not go the way they shud....

Also You may find many good posts here in forum for Planning ur schedule so try searching here also....
u can search for some debriefs by people who have scored earlier....
In the end it will depend on ur self planning :)

Thanx
regards
sandy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sandeep800 wrote:
naychi wrote:
bb wrote:

Hello bb,

HI Naychi,
First of all its difficult to make exact plan of study for some1 since it depends on person to person how they wanaa study and their schedule and time devotion....
but since u are insisting for some kinda plan schedule......
https://www.gmattutor.com/hundred.html U may find this link useful for u...Although i personally dont follow this..
I tried following them sometime back but left in midway coz of some reasons....

They have 100 hr plan for most of the guides which u have...Instead of Manhattan review u can use Manhattan GMAT...
But i will say give some time analysing feasibility of this plan before starting Because in the first look it looks perfect to follow but u realise after spending sometime that things may not go the way they shud....

Also You may find many good posts here in forum for Planning ur schedule so try searching here also....
u can search for some debriefs by people who have scored earlier....
In the end it will depend on ur self planning :)

Thanx
regards
sandy

Hello Sandy,

Thanks for your link. I've planned my study as follows:
19 Sept (today) - 1 Oct => Kaplan Math foundation, manhattan SC and manhattan CR and Kaplan Verbal workbook, Princeton Cracking GMAT 2009 edition
2 Oct - 3 Oct => 2 CAT Prep Tests from GMAC
4 Oct - 8 Oct => OG 12th edition
9 Oct - 10 Oct => Review
11 Oct - 14 Oct => 2nd time OG 12th edition
15 Oct - 17 Oct => 3rd time OG 12th edition
18 Oct => Memorize all error logs

I hope I can manage to do as I plan. I wish God allows me to do so. :) Please comment on my study plan whether it's feasible or not. Thanks.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
naychi you schedule is really hectic I believe. Anyhow, good luck, I wish you score better than your desired score. Keep us informed about your performance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Send PM
naychi wrote:

Hello Sandy,

19 Sept (today) - 1 Oct => Kaplan Math foundation, manhattan SC and manhattan CR and Kaplan Verbal workbook, Princeton Cracking GMAT 2009 edition
9 Oct - 10 Oct => Review

I hope I can manage to do as I plan. I wish God allows me to do so. :) Please comment on my study plan whether it's feasible or not. Thanks.

Hey Naychi OG 12th edition????? after discussing OG 11 u have planned for OG 12?:) nice but u know what, again u gonna miss the questions which are in og 11 and which have been removed from OG 12!! no mention of OG 11 surprised a bit...but its ok....
2-3 october taking 2 GMAC tests wont help u much since u r taking them one after another..
also 11-17 willl go waste since u have planned to revise OG twice..after revising once u will miss the second try..coz its human nature to bypass questionss likee ohhh i did it yesterday only, i can do it so leave...

18th october memorize error log means what? it will stress u out ,u need to look at ur error log after doing OG 12 and then learning from those mistakes..dont keep it for last day....

also there is no mention of AWA section?when u gonna do it? i hope u have scheduled it in between these days?

U can take Gmac tests 3-4 times after doing it twice u can uninstall it and install it again they have huge database of questions....Morover u are taking the tests only two times and that too 15 days before ur exam...Plan one test nearby ur exam date and take one just after completing ur concept books, and try to take them under exact exam conditions.... :)
If 9-10 oct review means review of all the books and concepts it will be too hectic on ur shoulders....

Hoping u will understand what i mean to say...I am not criticizing ur plan but just discussing where things can be heavy on u...

Hope my reply helps u out.... :)
Thanx
regards
sandy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sandeep800 wrote:
naychi wrote:

Hello Sandy,

9 Oct - 10 Oct => Review

Hey Naychi OG 12th edition????? after discussing OG 11 u have planned for OG 12?:) nice but u know what, again u gonna miss the questions which are in og 11 and which have been removed from OG 12!! no mention of OG 11 surprised a bit...but its ok....
2-3 october taking 2 GMAC tests wont help u much since u r taking them one after another..
also 11-17 willl go waste since u have planned to revise OG twice..after revising once u will miss the second try..coz its human nature to bypass questionss likee ohhh i did it yesterday only, i can do it so leave...

18th october memorize error log means what? it will stress u out ,u need to look at ur error log after doing OG 12 and then learning from those mistakes..dont keep it for last day....

also there is no mention of AWA section?when u gonna do it? i hope u have scheduled it in between these days?

U can take Gmac tests 3-4 times after doing it twice u can uninstall it and install it again they have huge database of questions....Morover u are taking the tests only two times and that too 15 days before ur exam...Plan one test nearby ur exam date and take one just after completing ur concept books, and try to take them under exact exam conditions.... :)
If 9-10 oct review means review of all the books and concepts it will be too hectic on ur shoulders....

Hoping u will understand what i mean to say...I am not criticizing ur plan but just discussing where things can be heavy on u...

Hope my reply helps u out.... :)
Thanx
regards
sandy

ႊ့ႈႈႈI really appreciate your advice. I'll modify my study plan and then I will post again. Thanks. :)

I've modified my study plan according to your advice.
2 Oct - 3 Oct => 1 CAT Prep Test from GMAC and then review with error logs
4 Oct - 8 Oct => OG 12th edition with error logs
9 Oct - 10 Oct => Review and Memorize error logs
11 Oct - 12 Oct => 2nd CAT Prep Test from GMAC and then review with error logs
13 Oct - 15 Oct => OG 11th edition with error logs
16 Oct - 17 Oct => 2 CAT Prep Tests from GMAC with review

Please point out any pitfall in my study plan. Thanks a lot for your advice to my posts.
GMAT Club Bot