GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 10:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz, Tomorrow, Saturday at 9 AM PST

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

10 Questions will be posted on the forum and we will post a reply in this Topic with a link to each question. There are prizes for the winners.
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

OG books or not?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
OG books or not?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 12:24
Hi, should I buy the complete set of OG or can I use the thread containing all the questions here on the forum?
Why should I buy the books? What are the differences?

Thank you
RC Moderator
D
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: OG books or not?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 14:27
Hello paolo1 ...........welcome to the community.

It is generally advisable that buy the most current OG guides , it will serve you as baseline. Moreover, the online version will aid you from the perspective of GMAT like environment.
Finally complement your understanding of the issues from the explanations at the threads of GMAT Club.

Hope it helps !!

Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 18:53
paolo1 wrote:
Hi, should I buy the complete set of OG or can I use the thread containing all the questions here on the forum?

Thank you
The OGs are probably the best source of GMAT practice questions out there, and most test takers use them to prepare for the exam. I'm not sure which differences you are referring to, but in case it helps, the OGs also come with full solutions to every question, as well as (as u1983 mentioned) a code to access the questions (those in the books and, with the main OG, the set of IR questions) online.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 02:30
paolo1 wrote:

Thank you

Hi paolo1,

OG is one of the most essential tools to prepare you for the actual GMAT. The questions especially the Verbal are the most representative of the actual GMAT Questions. All the OG questions are discussed on the forum with some great expert explanations. You can refer to the following link for all the OG questions. https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmac-officia ... l#p1854935. If you however would like to see the official explanations by GMAC, then it is advisable to buy the OG.

Hope this helps. All the best!

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 05:39
I wanted to know if the books contain some theory or some tips/strategies that the thread you linked doesn't have or the books have only the same questions(+official explanations) of the thread?
If I don't buy the books, what will I miss besides the official explanations?
Thanks
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 09:27
Hi paolo1,

The OG provides some basic information on the topics that are going to be tested. But only basic and it wouldn't be sufficient for the test. OG will also give you access to the online platform that simulates the test. And it IR questions that you won't find here on gmatclub.

Apart from that, you can find all the questions here on gmatclub. What's convenient about it is that you can start from OG 12, and move towards OG 2019 solving only the new question: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmac-officia ... l#p1854935

The new ones are highlighted in corresponding thread.

If you don't get OG, get exam[acks and question pack anyway. Otherwise, you'll have limited number of IR questions.

Hope this helps!

Non progredi est regredi

SVP
SVP
V
GPA: 3.39
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 12:18
paolo1 wrote:

Thank you

Hi paolo1

There is no difference, If you are OK with studying online on your laptop then i think you shouldn't buy Hard Cover books. Its depends on you some people didn't feel good studying a PDF or e-book. I also sometime distracts from the book and start surfing on the internet. So if you feel efficient studying e-book then its better Practice the question on GMAT Club

Good Luck

Final days of the GMAT Exam? => All GMAT Flashcards.
This Post Helps = Press +1 Kudos
Best of Luck on the GMAT!!

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 19:05
Hi paolo1,

You can use either the OG or the thread here on GMAT Club that contains the questions from the OG. That being said, my students tend to find that prep books are most beneficial when paired with a more robust resource, such as an online self-study course. If you are looking for additional prep materials, you should check out the reviews of various GMAT prep programs on here on GMAT Club.

Feel free to reach out with further questions.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Director
Director
V
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 08:33
If you like to write your own notes besides each and every question then I feel you should buy an OG. This might be helpful specially when you revise 1-2 days before the actual exam. The book is well organised and should be good for reference purposes. You will get access to online resources as well. $40 is a good investment to make considering you will be spending $250 on the exam itself.

"Please hit :thumbup: +1 Kudos if you like this post" :student_man:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"

GMAT Club Bot
OG books or not? &nbs [#permalink] 05 Dec 2018, 08:33

OG books or not?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap