Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [1]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Re: OG / Verbal answer descriptions [#permalink]
Kudos
z3nith wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
z3nith wrote:
I have read it multiple places that it is very important to understand WHAT gmat is testing in each question and what TRICK it used in each Wrong answer.

I was wondering if there is a description document for every question of OG / Verbal Review stating what is the question trying to test and what can I "learn" from this question ?
It will be a good document for us to analyze each question. apart from the general description given in OG/Verbal Review.

Og solution part is quite good on this, its mentioned what topic is tested, what part is correct/ incorrect.

Rest Aristotle SC grail 1 minute solution book provides brief solution and description to all OG ques's.

yes OG solutions are good. they do talk about what we need to know on that particular question. Was wondering if there is more to it.
Frankly I am not sure what exactly would that look like but because I read it multiple places emphasizing on "analyze" and "re analyze" so thats what caught me thinking if there is something more to be done there.

for example it does not group the SC section by rule, just topics. So that could be an ad on.

Ya, but once your clear with your basics, knowing a SC topic and reading the entire solution from OG will be helpful to know rules to look for. So i think its sufficient to read and understand the solution.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
z3nith wrote:
I have read it multiple places that it is very important to understand WHAT gmat is testing in each question and what TRICK it used in each Wrong answer.

I was wondering if there is a description document for every question of OG / Verbal Review stating what is the question trying to test and what can I "learn" from this question ?
It will be a good document for us to analyze each question. apart from the general description given in OG/Verbal Review.

Perhaps something similar to what you are looking for - some commentary on each question: https://www.gmatpill.com/official-guide- ... id=ogscd35
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATPill wrote:
z3nith wrote:

Perhaps something similar to what you are looking for - some commentary on each question: https://www.gmatpill.com/official-guide- ... id=ogscd35

thanks gmatpill for sharing this. But i am not exactly looking for this. What you shared is a video representation of what is given by GMAT Guide. as i mention in earlier correspondace

"Was wondering if there is more to it. Frankly I am not sure what exactly would that look like but because I read it multiple places emphasizing on "analyze" and "re analyze" so thats what caught me thinking if there is something more to be done there.

for example it does not group the SC section by rule, just topics. So that could be an ad on."
GMAT Club Bot