GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 13:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Okay Overall Score Very Bad Integrated Reasoning Score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Okay Overall Score Very Bad Integrated Reasoning Score  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 15:14
So this is kind of embarrassing, but overall my GMAT score is tracking around 620 (average for my school is 650 ), but for some reason I seem to have a stroke every time I take the integrated Reasoning. I mean my score is like 1 (0th percentile). I am wondering how this score would appear to my prospective universities. Also, I would like to know what a minimum target for this score would be, and how much time I should devote to getting this score up.

I know that this score is not terribly important, but I feel like a 1 shows either complete incompetence, or a apathy.

I am about 2 weeks away from the GMAT. This score has come from
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge
Re: Okay Overall Score Very Bad Integrated Reasoning Score  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2019, 23:12
Hi TTHOMAS18

I feel practice is the only key to improve your score, Make study time table and provide little more timing to IR as those score of it doesn't matter but it should be at least 40%+.

I would like to also advise you to try more of a GMAT club tests its the best mock tests available in the market right now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks !

I'd appreciate learning about the grammatical errors in my posts

Please let me know if I'm wrong somewhere and help me to learn :-)
Manhattan Prep Instructor
G
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 14:45
Some questions for you!

- What have you done to practice IR so far?
- What does your IR strategy look like? Are you trying to spend equal time on every IR problem (don't do this), or are you prioritizing solving some of the problems while skipping others (this is the right approach!)
- Which types of IR problems are challenging you? Do you have any insight into what's making IR tough - is it the amount of reading? The graphs? The math itself?

Chelsey Cooley | Manhattan Prep | Seattle and Online

My latest GMAT blog posts | Suggestions for blog articles are always welcome!
VP
VP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 12:20
Hi TTHOMAS18,

Question stems in IR are quite tricky and can lead to give opposite answers. Did you review your mistakes? Could you give correct answers when you reviewed this questions?

I think you can improve your score with practice.
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 20:19
Hi TTHOMAS18,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. So, I agree that an IR score of 1 would not look very good on your application; however, you should reach out to the folks in admissions at your desired schools to get a definitive answer regarding your potential IR score.

That being said, have you practiced IR at all? Given that you are scoring 620 overall, you really should have the quant and verbal skills necessary to score at least decently well in IR. One way to improve your IR accuracy is to dive in to some practice questions.

If you end up reaching out to some admissions folks, feel free to report back. Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about mastering the IR section.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Okay Overall Score Very Bad Integrated Reasoning Score   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2019, 20:19

Okay Overall Score Very Bad Integrated Reasoning Score

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics