Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 13:25 It is currently 03 May 2024, 13:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4110 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Online GMAT pending review then shows Testing issue [#permalink]
Archit3110 wrote:
Well there is a possibility of a violation in the online test which is why the exam has been flagged.
Did you happen to connect with customer care and get a response on what exactly went wrong and why have you been issued T remark....
I hope that you have not been barred from exam , if not then give another attempt since you only want AWA score...

Posted from my mobile device

I emailed customer care and did not get a reply yet. I also schedule another one just in case.

The thing is I even verified with the testing staff that everything was fine. T is not really acceptable.

Thank you for your help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PRamesh2008 wrote:
A lot of candidates have flagged issues with online GMAT..

Seems that Test Centre GMAT is a better bet..

Got it. Thank you for your advice.

You are very right. I scheduled another online exam and just changed to test in a Test Center. The interesting thing is no waiting period if you switch the formats: "there is a 16-day waiting period between exams of the same format (both in a testing center or both online). If you switch formats—for example, first take it in a testing center and then switch to the GMAT Online—there isn’t a waiting period." I found it from the gmat website, Should I Retake the GMAT? in OCTOBER 18, 2021.

There is no retake nor refund option for the T mark also. I do not think the process is right though.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22128 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Kim899,

Did you try contacting the folks at GMAC by phone to get more information?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Kim899,

I did today, but it was after the business hour. I will try again tomorrow.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kim899 wrote:
Hi Kim899,

Great. Let me know what you find out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kim899 wrote:
Hi Kim899,

Great. Let me know what you find out.

Thank you!

I got an email. It says that it is still under review, and I should contact them after 20 days if I do not hear anything back.

To be honest, I scheduled another GMAT in the actual testing center. There is no time for me to prepare for the whole exam because I am taking two 6-week summer classes and working 40+ hours a week. My school only needs the AWA score, so hopefully testing center one will cause no issue.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kim899 wrote:

To be honest, I scheduled another GMAT in the actual testing center. There is no time for me to prepare for the whole exam because I am taking two 6-week summer classes and working 40+ hours a week. My school only needs the AWA score, so hopefully testing center one will cause no issue.

Thank you for the update.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update

Hey, just wanna give the newest update. I would not give too many details, but it is very disappointing. Before they can make it better, don't take it at home.

I will highly recommend taking the GMAT at the actual testing center. Taking GMAT at home sounds like a great idea, but it is actually not as good as you think. It seems to be more flexible but creates lots of unnecessary inconveniences.

If you have a timeframe to get your GMAT score, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it in the actual test center. Before making the appointment, just check the test center reviews.

Kim899 wrote:
May I please have some help or guidance? This is my first post, and thank you for your advice in advance.

I was under review and got T in my test status. When I checked what T mean, it means that Testing Issue, which my score got canceled. But why?

My situation is I only need the AWA section. Of course, my score is low because I just randomly selected in multiple questions.

I took my GMAT in June 2022. A few days after exam, I received an email stating that my exam was under review from the test security team, Graduate Management Admission Council. I replied to the email back and told them my test score was low because I only needed the AWA section.

When I checked today, it shows Testing Issue. During the exam, I communicated with the testing staff and followed the exam instructions. Before I finished the test, I even verified with the testing staff that everything was fine. I don't really get it and hope someone can give some help.

Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hi I have the same experience. My unofficial score was 750, but my status is now "Testing Issue". Does that mean my score has been cancelled?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1307 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
my status is now "Testing Issue". Does that mean my score has been cancelled?

You may have 30 days to appeal. Here's a relevant page from the mba website: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-exam/sco ... your-score

"How Will I Know if My Score is Cancelled by GMAC?
If we cancel your score for either a testing issue or a policy violation, you will see it indicated with a reason for the cancellation on your Official Score Report. Learn more about the types of policy violations here."
Send PM
Expert Reply
gordonguo wrote:
Hi I have the same experience. My unofficial score was 750, but my status is now "Testing Issue". Does that mean my score has been cancelled?

Many folks have gone through this. Sometimes they put an automatic hold on scores above 700, but no, that does not mean that your score has been canceled. As long as things went smoothly on test day, you are probably fine.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
gordonguo wrote:

Hi gordonguo,

Over the last year, a number of Test-takers who have received a 700+ Score have reported that their results were under some type of 'review.' Obviously, that does not necessarily mean that the results ended up being cancelled - but the general term 'testing issue' could refer to something benign OR some type of serious violation of the Test-taking rules. Although the original poster of this thread did not go into detail about the outcome of her experience, she implies in her last post that the situation was not resolved to her liking.

Can you think of any abnormalities that occurred during your Exam (disruptions? other people in the room? etc.)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37354 posts