Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1065 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Buckkitty,

Probably better to save yourself a few hundred bucks and invest in the Kaplan Q Bank instead. The Q Bank has categorized "original" questions with the same explanations as the online content, ver batem. I forked out $1200 for the class (including online content) last summer and consider it to be a huge waste of money. The online tests ARE NOT CATs and questions overlap with the homework quiz banks on the student syllabus. Kaplan openly admits this "flaw."

Honestly, don`t expect Kaplan alone to give you the magic silver bullet to break into the 700s. The Labs teach the basics of backsolving, picking numbers, guestimating, eyeballing, etc. which you can easily learn on your own by simply reading the OEs in the Q bank and/or textbooks.

Sorry to be biased against Kaplan, but their workshop/lab/online classroom materials really are a bit antiquated, not to mention overpriced.

Good luck with whichever decision you ultimately make!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Opinions on Kaplan Online Course? [#permalink]
buckkitty wrote:
Hi,
I was hoping to gather some opinions on the Kaplan online course (@$599), if it was a worthy way to study for the GMAT. I have just begun studying and hope to take the GMAT in 3-4 months. I went through the Kaplan Math Workbook and took a GMATPrep CAT to see where I stand as a baseline. Scored a 560 35Q,33V. I am weak in most areas overall, mostly data sufficiency, CR and SC. I have not yet gone over my test but plan to do so and really learn about where I need to improve. I have not yet started my error log.

My goal is 700, I currently have the following books:
Kaplan WB, PR 2006+CD, Kaplan 2006+CD, Kaplan800, OG.

Considering my goal is 140 points away from my current score, I need a lot of improvement. So, I have been rambling and my question is not necessarily specific to my situation but rather what the quality is of the Kaplan Online Course relative to someone in my position. I understand there is a lot of promotion of GMAXOnline on this site, which does sound like a good option, however, at the moment I am most interested in Kaplan.

Thanks for any advice!!

I took the Kaplan on site course ,and I don't recommend it to anyone. You cannot reach the 700 mark unless you master your strategies. Check out the Manhattan Prep Program, it's a lot better. Manhattan GMAT teaches proper strategies for everything. Also the questions that come in the real test are quite different from the ones you practice on Kaplan.For critical reasoning Powerscore bible is the best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Please see this helpful table to compare Kaplan's on demand course vs. other test prep companies.
Attachments

File comment: Optimus Prep GMAT Online course
on demand course.jpg
on demand course.jpg [ 229.36 KiB | Viewed 1112 times ]

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Learn how we compare with Kaplan here: https://www.gmatpill.com/how-we-compare/

Some key points include -- lifetime access -- complete mobile solution, and an intense focus on video at GMAT PILL.

Watch this intro video to learn more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUQp39IMLg
GMAT Club Bot