GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 18:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Orange County vs. Los Angleles;for you people from SoCal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Orange County vs. Los Angleles;for you people from SoCal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 13:56
I grew up in various parts of L.A., mostly Hollywood and West L.A, however, I recently moved to Orange County. I've noticed how different and alike they can be in different aspects. To start off with, i feel like Orange County is cleaner than L.A if you look at the broader perspective of things. Although, the dynamics, culture, and even physical architecture of O.C. is the same as L.A, i believe that it's definitely much cleaner. I also feel that Orange County is less densely populated than L.A, L.A. feels much more overcrowded, especially in cities such as South Central, Hollywood, and Downtown. Lastly from my own life experience of living in both ends of these counties, i'm almost sure that L.A beats the hispanic population in correlation to O.C's raza, and chicano population. I myself am hispanic so i can see how some of our own chicanos choose to stay in L.A. rather than O.C., i'm not saying that there's not a-lot of hispanics in O.C. cause there are. I'm just saying L.A. has more. I believe the market value of O.C. is higher too in a broader perspective, just going solely based off what i've seen in my life. There are also more Asian communities in Orange County; a key example could be such as Garden Grove. If you want to go more into market value, I believe overall O.C. is safer, and that has a-lot to do with it. The gangs and violence is a bit toned down compared to L.A. You don;t see many bloods and crips in O.C. The varrios that they have out there are not as "active" in gang activity. The recalcitrancy of the whole O.C. community is a bit toned down than from that of L.A. I myself used to be from a varrio, so i know this to be factually true.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Orange County vs. Los Angleles;for you people from SoCal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 14:20
If any of you live near L.A or O.C., or even in California at all, please give me your opinion, as well as if you would like to visit Cali. If you have something interesting to say about the region or city you live in please feel free to give feedback. Orale, lates have a good one :thumbup: .
Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 13:08
I loved Santa Monica.
Nothing interesting in Hollywood or LA though :)
Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 10:28
Strawberry16 wrote:
mvictor wrote:
I loved Santa Monica.
Nothing interesting in Hollywood or LA though :)

Theres a-lot to do in Hollywood and L.A... u just gotta know where to go. You don't even have to know places you can just be cruising down L.A and Hollywood and theres a never-ending list of things to do. Places to go to, the Griffith Observatory, the view, Universal Studios, Rodeo Drive, tons of museums, bars, nice places to eat, people to meet, and nice clubs too. You have to be a bit social thoo aha.

I come from Chicago, where everything is much cleaner. Seeing bums at every corner is not something I would call an attraction. To be honest, I didn't like downtown LA, and neither anything close to Hollywood.
Bars and museums - well, everywhere are such places. I came to see how people live there, and seeing homeless people everywhere I go was not a pleasant view for me.
I can't say much though since I stayed for 2 days only, but so far, only Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and Beverly Hills have had a positive impact on me.
Nonetheless, I would move to Southern CA, for I don't like the cold weather :)
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V164

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 07:08
I live in NYC, but have visited LA a couple times.

Honestly except for skid row, I never really saw that many homeless people living in LA

feel free to reach out ⁓

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Orange County vs. Los Angleles;for you people from SoCal &nbs [#permalink] 13 Jul 2018, 07:08

Orange County vs. Los Angleles;for you people from SoCal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap