It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 10:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

P.Evaluation Request- Indian M-29yrs, IIT, Family Business, GMAT-720

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
P.Evaluation Request- Indian M-29yrs, IIT, Family Business, GMAT-720 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 13:09
Hi team,

Could you please have a look at my profile:

GMAT-720
Graduation- Integrated 5yrs Masters in Chemistry from IIT Bombay, India in 2012
Work Ex - Family Business worth INR 200 million annual turnover (last four years and counting) & Fortune 500 Corporate job in analytics (1 year after graduation)
Other Details: Indian, Male, 29 years old

I can get good recommendations from our supplier sides (famous multi national companies) and from my manager from 1st job.

After MBA I wish to take up a few years stint in Management Consulting and ultimately come back to family business to take over as CEO and our expand business territory.

Can you suggest how does my profile look and where should I apply considering management consulting or general management as fields of focus

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: P.Evaluation Request- Indian M-29yrs, IIT, Family Business, GMAT-720 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 19:13
Well dude,
Very good to hear from you!

Sooo IIT and nice GMAT is a very good start.
But to really tell you, I need more info.
Specifically: what is the family business? How big is it? How much is its growing? what is its market share? What are your goals? Will you inherit the leadership? What do you do now? What have done for the last years? What are your greatest accomplishments?

If you can get back to me with that plus with some info about your volunteer work and your ECs I will be able to move forward with your evaluation.

Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: P.Evaluation Request- Indian M-29yrs, IIT, Family Business, GMAT-720 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 13:52
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Let me be specific about my work ex:
My business is primarily into distribution of consumer goods (electricals and electronics). We serve as channel distributors for more than 10 big companies and we cater to 400 brick-and-mortar retail stores, factories and government tenders. The annual turnover exceeds INR 200 million (approximately $3M). We employ 35 people and have another 15 corporate provided on-role sales guys. Our services cover dealers in 4 districts. We have been growing at a steady rate of close to 20% and as far as market share is concerned we cater as exclusive distribution partners for some renowned brands such as Philips, Simon, Havells etc.

In my stint in the company, I have forged deals to expand our portfolio of companies that we serve and for the first time promoted our organization to take up work as C&F (super stockists) for few clients. My most important contribution has been in the reduction of operational costs through innovative changes (through IT as well as excel programming) in warehousing and supply chain departments.
Our long time vision is to expand our business in some particular direction such as getting into manufacturing to gain presence outside our country.

To succeed in our goal, I need to have global perspective and improved negotiation skills. I feel the need to think like global organizations and adopt their best practices. Thus I was looking for gaining international experience through MBA and subsequently through management consulting.

Extra Curricular - I have traveled to around 15 countries (mostly Europe) and I plan to take a sabbatical (after the app process culminates) to slow travel south east asia (I got inspired for this in Europe and I experience it before I turn 30). Apart from travel, I read a little bit.

Volunteer Work- I dont have much to discuss in this section. I have been associated with incorporating a employee health program in our organization and have a few examples of mentoring friends' startups and a few GST related examples (specific to India). But again not much to add.

Thats it Jon. I hope to hear from you soon and let me know if you want me to add anything else. I am looking for prospective colleges to apply to and would like to know how does the profile sound overall.

Thanks,
Rahul

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [1], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 16:13
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
klrahul wrote:
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Let me be specific about my work ex:
My business is primarily into distribution of consumer goods (electricals and electronics). We serve as channel distributors for more than 10 big companies and we cater to 400 brick-and-mortar retail stores, factories and government tenders. The annual turnover exceeds INR 200 million (approximately $3M). We employ 35 people and have another 15 corporate provided on-role sales guys. Our services cover dealers in 4 districts. We have been growing at a steady rate of close to 20% and as far as market share is concerned we cater as exclusive distribution partners for some renowned brands such as Philips, Simon, Havells etc.

In my stint in the company, I have forged deals to expand our portfolio of companies that we serve and for the first time promoted our organization to take up work as C&F (super stockists) for few clients. My most important contribution has been in the reduction of operational costs through innovative changes (through IT as well as excel programming) in warehousing and supply chain departments.
Our long time vision is to expand our business in some particular direction such as getting into manufacturing to gain presence outside our country.

To succeed in our goal, I need to have global perspective and improved negotiation skills. I feel the need to think like global organizations and adopt their best practices. Thus I was looking for gaining international experience through MBA and subsequently through management consulting.

Extra Curricular - I have traveled to around 15 countries (mostly Europe) and I plan to take a sabbatical (after the app process culminates) to slow travel south east asia (I got inspired for this in Europe and I experience it before I turn 30). Apart from travel, I read a little bit.

Volunteer Work- I dont have much to discuss in this section. I have been associated with incorporating a employee health program in our organization and have a few examples of mentoring friends' startups and a few GST related examples (specific to India). But again not much to add.

Thats it Jon. I hope to hear from you soon and let me know if you want me to add anything else. I am looking for prospective colleges to apply to and would like to know how does the profile sound overall.

Thanks,
Rahul

Dear Rahul,
Thanks for the additional info. It's very helpful. So from what I can see here your family business is a decent-sized family business, with what looks like potential for growth. It's not that huge that you will automatically get in, but it is big enough to be taken seriously.

But overall I think your profile is relatively strong. I would say that Top 5 schools are probably out of range. But that you would be good about for 5-20 ranking in the US (so basically, pretty darn good).

For a more detail profile eval, just drop on by: http://admissionado.com/free-consultati ... n=mba_blog

Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 1002 [1], given: 49

P.Evaluation Request- Indian M-29yrs, IIT, Family Business, GMAT-720

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap