Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:51 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72922 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan - How to Start your GMAT Prep [#permalink]
Expert Reply
neha2785 wrote:
Does GMAT club test provide full length test ?
I have seen quant and verbal are different .

The GMAT Club tests are split into 2 separate sections. There are 25 math and 6 verbal tests.
The main strength is really the quant - they are really good. Verbal, on the other hand, are more of a compliment for the quant and are not as legendary and I would say not the reason to get access to the tests. You really want them for the quant.

Best Regards,
BB.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
stons wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to write the GMAT after June 2012. Is there an updated version of the Study Plan that factors in the Integrated Reasoning Section?

There is not much available about Integrated Reasoning at this time - a few sample questions have just been released a week or two ago and that's it.

OG 13 is coming out in April - I would not worry about it until then (when it will be clear what the section is and at least one company comes out with a guide on addressing this section) - none are available at this time.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
AzWildcat1 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I plan on taking my GMAT early February and have been studying on and off since roughly July. I am using Veritas prep and Kaplan to study for the test. Since I am on winter break ( taking GMAT for Grad School to get masters, not MBA ) I have been studying everyday for roughly 4-6 hours. Is it realistic for me to get 650 based on 440 GMAT prep test result? I plan on following this study plan although I will try to take a test every week or so just to get experience and get use to taking a computer adaptive test. Thanks everyone, if you have advice please let me know because it would really help me out a lot.

- Chris W.

This means a 200+ point improvement.... it is possible but tough and takes a lot of studying and review of the basics.
I would get MGMAT math foundations and MGMAT Verbal foundations to brush up the basics. It is not clear if one of the sections is lacking more than the other but that's my advice with the info I can get.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I'm planning on starting my GMAT prep within the next few days. For study materials, I just ordered the 8 MGMAT books, OG12, and Verbal and Quant guides.

I want to take a practice exam to get an idea of where I am "cold" and as a way to gauge my progress moving forward.

Should I take one of the GMAT prep practice tests? The OG12 Diagnostic exam? an MGMAT Exam?

Anyone have any advice? I realize practice exams are going to be invaluable as I get closer to the end of my preparation, but I definitely want an idea of how far I'm going to have to go.

I'm shooting for final score of 700+, I'm (tentatively) planning to take the GMAT on March 17.. that would give me a chance to retake the test up to two more times before the changes are implemented in June.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
okay wrote:
I'm planning on starting my GMAT prep within the next few days. For study materials, I just ordered the 8 MGMAT books, OG12, and Verbal and Quant guides.

I want to take a practice exam to get an idea of where I am "cold" and as a way to gauge my progress moving forward.

Should I take one of the GMAT prep practice tests? The OG12 Diagnostic exam? an MGMAT Exam?

Anyone have any advice? I realize practice exams are going to be invaluable as I get closer to the end of my preparation, but I definitely want an idea of how far I'm going to have to go.

I'm shooting for final score of 700+, I'm (tentatively) planning to take the GMAT on March 17.. that would give me a chance to retake the test up to two more times before the changes are implemented in June.

Thanks in advance!

You can take any test. If I were you I would have preferred GMAT Prep over others. Also, you will not remember the questions when you take it next time (which would be after 1-2months atleast).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Anyone recommend any plans for the MGMAT series? Tried doing a search but the engine picked up all results for "GMAT", not "MGMAT".

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for your amazing post!

Please help me structure my studying and evaluate my goal!

I have followed this forum for a while but now I am becoming active. I started studying for the gmat only two days ago. My plan is to take the test the first week in April. My dream score is 720, however I am not sure it is realistic. The material I am using is all manhattan gmat books except from foundations.

A friend suggested I take a mock test to see where I'm at but I didn't see that as a priority, instead I went through my old high school math books to recover my very limited math skills (I'm a social science graduate and math has never been "my thing"). However, I am very motivated to learn everything I need to learn to score around 720. I started with the book called Number properties, it is very good but some concepts I had to google to understand them properly (LCM & GCF!!!). Currently I am going through the book and when I feel i'm lacking basic knowledge I do some exercises in my high school book and then go back. The reason I am telling you these details is because I would appreciate input on whether it is realistic for me to aim for a 720 in only three months when my math is this bad. I did the questions in the Numbers book and managed to solve most of them but it feels like it's taking way too much time and that I don't have a firm technique and that I could solve tasks in more efficient ways. You are saying that going through the 12th edition is a waste of questions so is there any other forum where I can get practice questions? Quant review only has a couple of questions on the Divisibility and primes chapter and i'd like to practice more.

My English proficiency is not so good either, I am not a native speaker but have lived in English speaking countries for a while. Is there anything you would recommend except from reading a novel (reading crime and punishment now).

I am very thankful for any input!
/F
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72922 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
jazzman wrote:
Anyone recommend any plans for the MGMAT series? Tried doing a search but the engine picked up all results for "GMAT", not "MGMAT".

Thanks.

Just open the book 1 and continue until you reach the end of book 8 - pretty straightforward....
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
foundations wrote:
Thanks for your amazing post!

Please help me structure my studying and evaluate my goal!

I have followed this forum for a while but now I am becoming active. I started studying for the gmat only two days ago. My plan is to take the test the first week in April. My dream score is 720, however I am not sure it is realistic. The material I am using is all manhattan gmat books except from foundations.

A friend suggested I take a mock test to see where I'm at but I didn't see that as a priority, instead I went through my old high school math books to recover my very limited math skills (I'm a social science graduate and math has never been "my thing"). However, I am very motivated to learn everything I need to learn to score around 720. I started with the book called Number properties, it is very good but some concepts I had to google to understand them properly (LCM & GCF!!!). Currently I am going through the book and when I feel i'm lacking basic knowledge I do some exercises in my high school book and then go back. The reason I am telling you these details is because I would appreciate input on whether it is realistic for me to aim for a 720 in only three months when my math is this bad. I did the questions in the Numbers book and managed to solve most of them but it feels like it's taking way too much time and that I don't have a firm technique and that I could solve tasks in more efficient ways. You are saying that going through the 12th edition is a waste of questions so is there any other forum where I can get practice questions? Quant review only has a couple of questions on the Divisibility and primes chapter and i'd like to practice more.

My English proficiency is not so good either, I am not a native speaker but have lived in English speaking countries for a while. Is there anything you would recommend except from reading a novel (reading crime and punishment now).

I am very thankful for any input!
/F

You should take a practice test and see how much you get. If you score less than 500, then it is going to be very tough to get 720.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 570 Q45 V23
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi BB,
I took GMAT Jan 6 after relying on Kaplan 100% for 3 months. Kaplan was great to get me to 650 but after that did more damage to my time and test.

Brief GMAT background
Oct 4 Kaplan CAT 1 530
Nov 6 Kaplan CAT 9 650

Dec 27 MGMAT CAT 1 620 Q43 V32
--
Dec 30 MGMAT CAT 4 640 Q43 V35

Jan 4 GMAT Prep 620 Q44 V30
Jan 6 REAL GMAT 570 Q45 V23

My main problem is speed vs accuracy. As Kaplan tutor suggested I tried to speed up in the actual test and bombed big time. So I am back to sqr1. I studied 3 months 3 hrs weekdays and 8 hrs weekends and all thanksgiving and christmas breaks 8hrs/day. I am realizing Thanksgiving to Jan 6 was not really an effective study as there was no increase in the score. As I read this gmatclub since Sunday I am kicking myself trying to figure out why I didn't fidn this forum in Oct or end of November. I see the main points are
Error log
Attention to strategy
Back to concepts with MGMAT serires with Sackmann + new CATs
Verbal/Math OG guides supplemented to the concept books
MGMAT Adv Quant

My questions are:
My main issue is Verbal and I will focus on Verbal while trying to get to the 50 on Quant. DO you see this is as a viable approach? I am comfortably at 36 range but getting faster and getting to 40 will be challeging since I get the 36 by guessing one RC psg and about 7 questions. I will break down with the MGMAT books and practice with the Verbal OG version 2.
I have 4 weeks. Is this reasonably sufficient time for me to get to 700+?
I finished 80% of OG12. Is there a value resolving them. What else could be a good substitute for practice.
I burned through 9 Kaplan, 4 MGMAT, 2 GMAT Prep CATs. What is the next best set Veritas, PR, or 800Score?
Major problem after 3 months is I am pretty much puked out from the last 3 months of work,GMAT,work,GMAT, no social life or gym (I am a regular). But I still feel like I don't have any time for anything other than work, GMAT, work,GMAT. I really don't even want to see a question right now but I will get myself going this weekend.
Any suggestions...?!

I am also writing these so others can learn from these mistakes...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Does anyone have the link to the Manhattan GMAT's table with the different edition problem number conversion? I couldn't find this on their website.

I currently have the new 4th edition of the Manhattan GMAT prep books, but I have the older 11th edition of the GMAT Official Guide book. I need help converting all the OG 12th problems listing to OG 11th problems in the MGMAT 4th edition. I would greatly appreciate the help in finding this conversion table.

Thanks,
Hanzi15
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

I have decided to start with GMAT today and plan to take May's test. This is the first time ever I begin with GMAT. I see many of you have your names listed here and share your study plan. I want to find some motivation to go along this road so I registered here.

I'm really, really weak in math so I have decided to start with it first, just aligning with the study plan suggested in the first page.

I wish for strength, patience and persistence in the 3 months to come. :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE '15 (M)
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi meiying612, welcome and enjoy the information you will encounter during browsing here.

Almost for every part of the GMAT is enough infromation available. Start by getting familiar with the different topics ind math and verbal and do one of the available diagnostic tests.

Important books are listed throughout the forum, but OG12, MGMAT (all 8 books), Powerscore Bible are mentioned as best for prep.

Good luck with the preparation and keep us updated...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Kudos
This was super helpful to me! I'm just getting started in my training and this pointed me in the right direction. Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2066 [1]
Given Kudos: 121
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for a lot of useful information.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I am looking at applying for Masters courses this time next year.

I did one of the GMAT tests just to have an idea of what it's like and I scored 530 with Q35 and V28. I have purchased the MGMAT books and OG12 book and the separate verbal and quant books too. I am looking at doing the tests in mid June.

I am aiming for at least 680 and preferably 700+ to stand out. Was a bit disappointed with my mark but at least my scores were quite balanced.

Did worse in DS for quant and CR and RC for verbal. PS was so so but I did well in the SC so was pleased with that.

Best of luck everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
These are in fact cool YouTube video lessons, its my fortune to pay a visit this website and finding these awesome YouTube movies.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  42