Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 16:28 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 16:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: From Military to Business: Thriving in the Transition
[url=mailto:kristin.a.roth@tuck.dartmouth.edu]Kristin Roth[/url], Associate Director of Admissions, explains how Tuck fosters a successful transition from the armed forces to a career in business.  Learn more about the Armed Forces Alumni Association, a student group who's primary mission is to provide resources and support to veterans at Tuck and their families through integration, recruitment, and veterans’ networking initiatives.  The AFAA highly encourages you to reach out with questions, or if you'll be on campus!  Additionally, the "Finance Your Degree" portion of Tuck's website offers information on our participation in the Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Dan8294 wrote:
Anyone know what Tuck's policy is for interviewing reapplicants?

I applied last year and interviewed, got dinged, and then applied in the November round this year. I spoke to an Adcom who said it's fine that I don't self-initiate an itnerview since I interviewed last year, but now I'm wondering whether or not I should expect an invitiation to interview or if I'll just hear back in February.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?

I have to be honest, I can't imagine anyone at Tuck saying that. Can I ask if you interviewed on-campus or not? Last year I interviewed via Skype and was waitlisted. During the feedback session they offered me after I was dinged in June, they VERY STRONGLY suggested (which means DO IT) that I should do everything in my power to visit and interview on-campus, should I choose to reapply.
It just goes against everything they stand for, so weird. Maybe you should email them and ask if it's possible for them to use notes from last year's interview. I think that's highly unlikely, and that you should be invited to interview again should you be considered for admission.
Just keep in mind that deposits for EA are due January 17th, so there's still plenty of time to be invited to interview, because they'll have a good idea about their yield by then. So even If they tell you that you'll need a new interview, do not worry about it until the end of January.

Hope it helps.

Best,

bizwiz
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
bizwiz84 wrote:
Dan8294 wrote:

I applied last year and interviewed, got dinged, and then applied in the November round this year. I spoke to an Adcom who said it's fine that I don't self-initiate an itnerview since I interviewed last year, but now I'm wondering whether or not I should expect an invitiation to interview or if I'll just hear back in February.

During the feedback session they offered me after I was dinged in June, they VERY STRONGLY suggested (which means DO IT) that I should do everything in my power to visit and interview on-campus, should I choose to reapply.

I really hope they dont ding me for not being able to visit the campus :( (though I have some valid reasons for not doing it). The only good thing is I interviewed with the Adcom member in person instead of Skype
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:
Dan8294 wrote:

During the feedback session they offered me after I was dinged in June, they VERY STRONGLY suggested (which means DO IT) that I should do everything in my power to visit and interview on-campus, should I choose to reapply.

I really hope they dont ding me for not being able to visit the campus :( (though I have some valid reasons for not doing it). The only good thing is I interviewed with the Adcom member in person instead of Skype

Hey reddevil,

Any idea from your last year's experience when do the last interview invites for November round go out for international applicants? Wondering whether they send to everyone in December itself..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
nextstopmba wrote:
thereddevil wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:

Hey reddevil,

Any idea from your last year's experience when do the last interview invites for November round go out for international applicants? Wondering whether they send to everyone in December itself..

Hey nextstopmba,

I applied 2 year ago (November round - Class of 2014) and I had not received an invite that time. :( I am not sure about the interview invites to others as well.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help on this occasion..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [4]
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
10 Days until EA decisions:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
9 Days for EA Decisions

Originally posted by missionphd on 09 Dec 2013, 07:22.
Last edited by missionphd on 10 Dec 2013, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Inaugural Tuck Partner Gourmet Club Potluck

Tyler is a TP'15 who moved here from Washington DC where she worked as a private chef; she is now working with several Tuck students to launch the first ever Hanover food truck in March!  Her Tuckie, Gibb, worked in investment consulting, and is hoping to pursue strategy consulting after graduating. Tyler is a member of the TP Board, serving as co-chair of the Gourmet Club.  In Hanover, she loves testing recipes, doing yoga at Mighty Yoga in Hanover, and hiking in the trails behind Sachem Village.

My co-chair Arianna TP'15 and I I kicked off the 2013-14 TP Gourmet Club last month with an International Potluck in Sachem Village. We were blown away by all the delicious items, and by the diversity of dishes - ranging from Maltese to Korean with everything in between. It was a wonderful venue to meet new people, and to learn about new cuisines and preparations. It is so exciting how many students and partners at Tuck are passionate about food - and how they find such fun and communal venues through which to learn and share their passion (and delectable dishes) with others. We can't wait for the December holiday event!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
My motivation/urgency for R2 after applying EA
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
8 Days to go for EA decisions

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
The Tuck thread is more awesome than all the other school threads just because of the recent spate of gifs!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: First off, this is not about how to get a job in consulting.
Ben is a second-year student who grew up in Manchester, England before moving to London to study Law at the London School of Economics. Prior to Tuck, Ben spent nearly five years in investment banking, focusing on a variety of sectors and functions, while taking a keen interest in renewable energy. At Tuck, Ben leads the Consulting Club and is one of the Tuck Rugby Captains (side note: he would love more people to play!). Ben is also a terrible ice hockey player. After graduating, Ben plans to move to Boston to work at McKinsey, where he completed an internship this past summer.

First off, this is not about how to get a job in consulting. There are many great books written about that, including a recent one by Stephen Pidgeon from our own career development office. This is about how the Tuck community comes together in order to help each member be successful and in turn propagates what helps makes Tuck so unique.

Ok, so you’ve decided you want a job in consulting. To take the next step in getting a job at a leading consulting firm, many of which actively recruit at Tuck, you need to be committed to put the work in.

What does that work look like?

Well, it’s different for different people. Some of my colleagues spent a great deal of time getting to know (aka “networking”) with the firms to figure out where the best mutual fit lay. Many of us spent significant effort practicing for interviews – a key component of which is “the case”,  a consultant type business situation that tests candidates ability to work through problems, analyze data, synthesize information, and reach insightful conclusions.

Given how selective all these consulting firms are (they are among the most selective of any companies), and the high caliber of my Tuck classmates (you will be constantly amazed by them), I found the preparation pretty daunting.  It didn’t help that I had already had one bite at the cherry when I interviewed for McKinsey out of undergrad and, as a result of insufficient preparation, had blown the interview.

This is where I discovered one of the many incredible aspects of Tuck, and specifically the community that flourishes here. As I described, this process is daunting for many business school students. However, at Tuck, the community provides an invaluable support network that coaches, guides and motivates you throughout the process.

Let’s start with my first case at Tuck as a first-year. I did the case with one of my classmates playing the role of an interviewer and the other evaluating me. It didn’t go too well. In fact, it was a disaster. However, I didn’t feel embarrassed by this case performance because I was able to practice with the security of my own classmates; classmates that held back judgment and instead provide tangible feedback on areas I can improve upon. Over the next several weeks, I joined a large amorphous group of like-minded T’14s who spent hours practicing with each other, in the similar format of you give a case, you receive a case.

Upon arriving back in Hanover in January, the interview preparation goes into overdrive (at least for first years). This is where the strength of the community really blew me away. Everyone at business school is insanely busy - it’s the nature of the beast. However, the second year class, even with their own packed schedules, rallied around their first year colleagues and went into to full time case coaching. Each day, a second year’s schedule would be packed with case prep for the hordes of first years fretting about their upcoming interviews. They do this gladly and take a truly vested interest in another Tuckie’s success.

Fast forward to this past fall semester: some of my classmates were fortunate to have secured jobs over the summer, many more were back riding the juggernaut that is on campus recruiting. Once again, the Tuck community comes together, supporting those interviewing for full times positions with countless hours of volunteer case prep and interview coaching. When you’d hear of a colleague’s success, it would resonate like it is your own. Each member of the Tuck community, to me at least, has always seemed to measure success by the community’s collective achievements rather than each individual accomplishment; we are all vested in the success of each other.

Come January, my second year colleagues and I will be back at it – paying it forward by coaching the first years through their barrage of interviews and providing an invaluable support network in what is a pretty tense time. Like for our classmates this past fall, we’ll be rooting for the success of each Tuckie and our collective community.

If you are attracted to Tuck because of the unique community, that’s great – it’s one of the defining characteristics of this wonderful school. However, due to the abundance of examples such as the one I’ve mentioned above, I guarantee that this community will constantly finds ways to humble and astound you, annd that is what truly makes this place unique.

Good luck with the admissions process and I look forward to welcoming many of you as Tuck colleagues!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
To all Early Action Applicants - Time to PAY ATTENTION so as to avoid a heart attack tomorrow!

Assuming this year will be like the past (at least) 2 years, tomorrow you will receive an email from Tuck Admissions with a subject line something like: "Your Tuck Application." This is NOT an admissions decision, rather it is a reminder that you will officially hear from Tuck one week later, on Wednesday, December 18 (as if you have forgotten).

I just don't want anyone to skip a few heartbeats when you see this message in your inbox...

As always, best of luck and hang in there!

(by the way, this goes out one week before every decision date, so November Rounder's, you can expect one on Jan 31, 2014 and so on).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
dvanrip wrote:
To all Early Action Applicants - Time to PAY ATTENTION so as to avoid a heart attack tomorrow!

Assuming this year will be like the past (at least) 2 years, tomorrow you will receive an email from Tuck Admissions with a subject line something like: "Your Tuck Application." This is NOT an admissions decision, rather it is a reminder that you will officially hear from Tuck one week later, on Wednesday, December 18 (as if you have forgotten).

I just don't want anyone to skip a few heartbeats when you see this message in your inbox...

As always, best of luck and hang in there!

(by the way, this goes out one week before every decision date, so November Rounder's, you can expect one on Jan 31, 2014 and so on).

Ah thanks! I remember my tour guide said the same thing ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.92
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Dan8294 wrote:

I can't remember how long, but they keep interviews on file for several years. I interviewed with a guy from China who wasn't applying until 2 admission cycles later if I remember correctly. I know they often recommend another interview during feedback, but another applicant-initiated interview isn't necessarily required.

I also know someone on the forum a year or two ago was accepted (pretty sure it was this forum) and did not do an applicant-initiated interview. I believe she explained she hadn't been able to make it but would be happy to go to Hanover if they needed her to-- they did and she was accepted.

Don't worry too much about it. They could contact you or could not and there is really no way to read what that means until decision day.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to Hamm0!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
gbrooks6687 wrote:
Congrats to Hamm0!!!

Ha thanks! Some cross pollination here, but i'm thrilled. Definitely takes some pressure off next week's decision, but I'm still anxious for Tuck.

(for those of you still confused, check out my signature)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts