Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 17:30 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 17:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [1]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Any suggestions on how to stay sane this week?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
DG89 wrote:

Not sure if this has been discussed but just logged on to my application to see "Application Status: Completed on 12/5/2013 9AM." Wonder if that just means that they completed my application review last week and a decision has been made...Was anyone else's updated as recently as last week?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
DG89 wrote:

Not sure if this has been discussed but just logged on to my application to see "Application Status: Completed on 12/5/2013 9AM." Wonder if that just means that they completed my application review last week and a decision has been made...Was anyone else's updated as recently as last week?

Mine reads "Application Status: Completed on 12/6/2013 10:15:00 AM".

Don't know what it means - and I'm trying not to think about it.
They'll let me know when it's time. Till then, there's a few cases of beer to work my way through. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [4]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
7 Days to EA Decisions

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
DG89 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
DG89 wrote:

They'll let me know when it's time. Till then, there's a few cases of beer to work my way through. :-D

Mine is still submitted :( Hope this is not a bad sign....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
DG89 wrote:

Same thing happened to me, but "Completed on..." date was different. I emailed Tuck, and the explanation was that this date referred to the date my file was processed and moved onto members of the admissions committee. So I guess it means that someone started looking at your file on 12/5, not that your decision has been made.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Mine says this:

Application Status: Completed on 10/18/2013 11:43:00 AM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
This is what mine says:

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED

Submitted Date: 10/9/2013 3:04:00 PM EST
Application Status: Completed on 10/9/2013 3:35:00 PM

hmm....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
My info (stripped of an identification info):

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED

Submitted Date: 10/9/2013 3:11:00 PM EST
Application Status: Completed on 10/18/2013 11:41:00 AM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
DG89 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

Mine is still submitted :( Hope this is not a bad sign....

Hopefully this will help alleviate any worries (source):

ngranada wrote:
Hello from Tuck! Thank you all for your interest in Tuck. I want to take a moment to clarify Tuck's position as it pertains to a couple of comments I have seen here. First, admissions decisions for the EA (early action) round are typically not decided by Thanksgiving (the end of November) (in fact, we haven't even read every application by then). In fact, admissions decisions may be made up until the day the admission decision is posted (December 18) . . . Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.27
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I submitted a day before the EA deadline but completed my interview a couple weeks later in October. However, my completed date shows as Oct 24 which was a few days prior to my interview. My application of course shows I had an interview scheduled within the EA window, but I still found it a tad odd that it would be marked complete when the scheduled interview had not yet occurred. I'm sure it's just an administrative thing and it was added in prior to actual review though. Not going to stress it but I'm curious if anyone else has a similar situation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Send PM
milapp wrote:
I submitted a day before the EA deadline but completed my interview a couple weeks later in October. However, my completed date shows as Oct 24 which was a few days prior to my interview. My application of course shows I had an interview scheduled within the EA window, but I still found it a tad odd that it would be marked complete when the scheduled interview had not yet occurred. I'm sure it's just an administrative thing and it was added in prior to actual review though. Not going to stress it but I'm curious if anyone else has a similar situation.

Take a look at my previous post. That was the explanation given to me by Tuck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
bizwiz84 wrote:
milapp wrote:

Right yeah I saw that, but I was just noting it as odd that my status would be "complete" and therefore moving to someone from adcom when in fact I had not yet completed my scheduled interview. So was wondering if anyone else who submitted prior to the EA deadline but didn't interview till later saw the same thing happen. In any case I'm confident they have all the info.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck Global Consultancy - On-Site in Uruguay
Selemon Asfaw is a 2nd year student at Tuck. He’s an organizer of the 2013 Diversity Conference as well as Co-chair of the Tuck African Ancestry Business Association. Prior to Tuck, Selemon was and education entrepreneur doing work in the Midwest with public and private enterprises. Next year he will be joining Goldman, Sachs & Co. in their Healthcare Investment Banking Group. He’s a native of Detroit and also a recovering MBA blogger known as ‘The Senator’.

Right now I’m on flight 1499 from Detroit to Miami—the first leg of a Tuck Global Consultancy to Uruguay. When I first became interested in Tuck one of the programs that piqued my attention was the Tuck Global Consultancy (TGC). I found out that students were selected by clients (multi-nationals, governments and non-profits) to perform real consulting projects that would help their organization(s) grow or assist them in dealing with a significant business challenge.

In September I received an e-mail that our client, based in Uruguay, wanted to staff me on a team with three other Tuckies and four MBA students from the University where we would be working. Their vision was ambitious: they needed a plan to grow their MBA, Master’s and Executive Education programs in order to become a regional player in a country that’s relatively anonymous being sandwiched in between Brazil and Argentina.

Fast forward to where we are today—since the team was assembled in September we’ve already begun working in earnest. Lots of primary and secondary research has been conducted. Our team in Uruguay has done plenty of ‘boots on the ground’ work and our client is already deeply engaged in the preliminary plans we’ve shared with him. I’m confident that our final product is not only going to help answer the initial problem that was defined, but also prove to be a rich experience for the TGC team.

One of my favorite things about my TGC project is the diversity of the team I’m working with. On the US side we have a brand management guru, an actuary expert and future Deloitte consultant, a former (and future) Bainie and me, a recovering education entrepreneur switching to a career in financial services.  As cliché as it sounds, all of us absolutely bring something unique to the team and it’s pretty amazing how well we recognize who to turn to when we’re individually struggling with wrapping our head around a problem. It’s one of those special parts about being at Tuck—teamwork is so ingrained in everything we do, it’s pretty humbling when you can go to a teammate seeking advice and counsel and they’re always there with open arms to help you and teach you.

This (and the project) is what I’m looking most forward to over the next three weeks in Uruguay. For me it represents another opportunity to do something I wouldn’t normally do prior to business school; another eye-opening and unique Tuck experience and another challenge to take on with a dream team of Tuckies.

*Tuck Global Consultancy projects are part of Tuck's elective curriculum offerings. You can learn more here.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 740 Q41 V50
Send PM
Kudos
milapp wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:
milapp wrote:

Right yeah I saw that, but I was just noting it as odd that my status would be "complete" and therefore moving to someone from adcom when in fact I had not yet completed my scheduled interview. So was wondering if anyone else who submitted prior to the EA deadline but didn't interview till later saw the same thing happen. In any case I'm confident they have all the info.

Same situation for me. Application Status: Completed on 10/23/2013 11:53:00 AM and I interviewed a couple of days later.. I think its just some admin related detail and not something to worry about... May be its a manual check they do to make sure that everything (application, scores, transcripts, recommendations) is in place and ready for someone from the adcom to look at
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
milapp wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:
milapp wrote:

I submitted on the deadline (10/9), but did not interview until later. My status was stated as "Completed" on day x, but I only interviewed on the day x+3. Moreover, day x was, of course, after the EA deadline. Adcom assured me that I was still being considered for EA. Your file might have been moved to adcom on that day, and your interview report might have been added to your file later on.

I'm sure it's fine, if anything was missing from your file, they'd be the first to contact you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
[/quote]Take a look at my previous post. That was the explanation given to me by Tuck.[/quote]

Posted from my mobile device [/quote]

I submitted on the deadline (10/9), but did not interview until later. My status was stated as "Completed" on day x, but I only interviewed on the day x+3. Moreover, day x was, of course, after the EA deadline. Adcom assured me that I was still being considered for EA. Your file might have been moved to adcom on that day, and your interview report might have been added to your file later on.

I'm sure it's fine, if anything was missing from your file, they'd be the first to contact you.[/quote]

Definitely. The people there have been incredibly helpful and attentive throughout the process. I must have missed which post you're referencing but I appreciate the response! (I'm on my phone at a conference so navigating back is a hassle). Good luck next Wednesday!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts