Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:43 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [13]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [1]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
Kudos
Good luck everyone! Can't believe it's been over a year since I started my applications. One of the most stressful, yet rewarding, years of my life.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Applying in Round 1
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Bookmarks
R1!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
R1 fight!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Asst. Dean Kate Smith: The value of a Kellogg degree
Last month’s Kellogg graduation ceremony marked a milestone for me as assistant dean: the first class of two-year students I admitted completed their studies and are going out into the world. I know what they’re feeling — as a Kellogg alum myself, I remember how much I grew and developed during my time in the program, both personally and professionally. In the 15 years since, over and over again I’ve seen firsthand the value of the Kellogg degree. It opens doors to new and incomparable opportunities.

Kellogg graduates walk away with an academic foundation and confidence that help them succeed in their career goals, whatever those may be. Being able to draw on the toolkit of skills that I built took me to a whole new level of navigating and achieving my goals. I pivoted from a career in commercial real estate into an internship at Proctor & Gamble, which led to brand management at General Mills and PepsiCo, and now to the admissions office, where I have the privilege of interacting every day with an amazing, talented and dynamic community.

The Kellogg degree sets you apart in the working world. Employers and colleagues understand what we stand for: collaboration, creativity, discipline and excellence. It stems from the ethos we foster at Kellogg, a pay-it-forward mentality and our belief in the power of teamwork. Students have so many opportunities to learn from each other and grow, whether it’s in the classroom, on a trip, through internships or simply by interacting with one another.

Our alumni exemplify that spirit most of all. The 58,000-member alumni network prides itself on its responsiveness and its eagerness to help one another. From the time they begin at Kellogg, people are so passionately engaged and have such a good experience that as alumni, they love to connect and further each other’s work. The relationships, friendships and drive to engage last a lifetime, at any and all intersections of your career and beyond.

That same enthusiasm for community extends to those who are interested in joining the Kellogg family. Contact our admissions office or find a local alum to hear for yourself how Kellogg will change your game — and your life.

Kate Smith ’98 is assistant dean of admissions and financial aid at Kellogg School of Management. Having built a 15-year career in brand management at General Mills, Procter & Gamble and PepsiCo, Smith brings extensive marketing and management expertise to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: admissions, alumni, collaboration, Convocation
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Statistics, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Have they released essay questions for this year? I cannot find them on the website! Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Excited to apply to Kellogg! The culture has been great so far! Wonder when the app will go up so I can book my tickets for a "real" visit and interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
IN for R1!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Digitizing Kellogg: KETI founder Westin Hatch ’14 on Innovation

When I arrived at Kellogg, I was given a notebook and stacks of papers. I had never owned a tablet but I felt like if I were to become a leader in digital innovation, I needed to try to do things digitally at Kellogg. I bought an iPad and looked all over for the right apps that would allow me to accomplish my schoolwork digitally. Soon I found a small group of students, led by Sam Sung ’13, that was piloting tablets at Kellogg.

One of the common complaints was that there was no good app for taking notes. I realized this was a consumer need, so I enrolled in NUvention: Web and led a team in developing Chisel, an iPad app that allows users to type, draw and annotate from within one app. Within three days of launching Chisel, we had 1,000 downloads. We now have users from 28 countries.

While building Chisel, I applied to be part of the Dean’s Consulting Alliance (DCA). There, I was asked to lead a team in addressing the distribution of Kellogg’s course material, specifically business cases.

After meeting with lots of vendors and comparing costs, my team and I realized Kellogg could save its students over a million dollars by switching to a vendor that provided cases digitally. Not only would such a move cut printing and distribution costs, but it would also result in a superior customer experience. When I returned from my summer 2013 internship, our recommendation had been implemented. Cases for Kellogg’s incoming class were completely digitized.

By the end of the 2012-2013 school year, the tablet pilot, which I now led, had solid data that showed the tablets were effective in the classroom without distracting classmates, as critics had feared. Given this data and the fact that cases were going digital, the deans approved my recommendation to allow all students to use tablets in the classroom. No more stacks of paper.

Where to go next? I met with the pilot leadership team and together we came up with the name Kellogg Education Technology Incubator and the mission statement of creating “the best technology experience among MBA programs in the world.”

With our new mission and help from Dr. Gad Allon in securing funding from a group of alumni, we had the freedom to pilot new ideas. What we didn’t have were the ideas. I then realized we could crowdsource pilot projects from the whole student body. From 22 ideas submitted at a KETI kickoff event, we chose eight to pitch in our final event. Each of the eight teams presented their idea and then the audience of students and faculty graded each team using clickers on a scale of 1 to 5 in four areas. The four teams with the highest average point score at the end of the night were selected for the first class of the incubator and given $60,000 to develop and pilot their ideas. Each team did successfully pilot their idea (Arbyl, KetchUp, Tuplee, & You@Kellogg).

It has been an amazing journey during my time at Kellogg to build KETI, launch my startup and digitize the Kellogg experience. I’m honored to receive the Leadership Award for Innovation and in the end have to give credit to my MMM professors who taught me user-centered design, my classmates who supported my far-fetched ideas and the deans for taking on the risk to run these experiments and give me freedom to make my Kellogg experience match my goals.

Westin Hatch ’14 recently graduated from the Kellogg MMM program and was awarded the Kellogg Leadership Award for Innovation.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions Tagged: Innovation, KETI, Startups
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Student Perspective: Becoming a Digital Innovation Leader at Kellogg

When I arrived at Kellogg, I was given a notebook and stacks of papers. I had never owned a tablet but I felt like if I were to become a leader in digital innovation, I needed to try to do things digitally at Kellogg. I bought an iPad and looked all over for the right apps that would allow me to accomplish my schoolwork digitally. Soon I found a small group of students, led by Sam Sung ’13, that was piloting tablets at Kellogg.

One of the common complaints was that there was no good app for taking notes. I realized this was a consumer need, so I enrolled in NUvention: Web and led a team in developing Chisel, an iPad app that allows users to type, draw and annotate from within one app. Within three days of launching Chisel, we had 1,000 downloads. We now have users from 28 countries.

While building Chisel, I applied to be part of the Dean’s Consulting Alliance (DCA). There, I was asked to lead a team in addressing the distribution of Kellogg’s course material, specifically business cases.

After meeting with lots of vendors and comparing costs, my team and I realized Kellogg could save its students over a million dollars by switching to a vendor that provided cases digitally. Not only would such a move cut printing and distribution costs, but it would also result in a superior customer experience. When I returned from my summer 2013 internship, our recommendation had been implemented. Cases for Kellogg’s incoming class were completely digitized.

By the end of the 2012-2013 school year, the tablet pilot, which I now led, had solid data that showed the tablets were effective in the classroom without distracting classmates, as critics had feared. Given this data and the fact that cases were going digital, the deans approved my recommendation to allow all students to use tablets in the classroom. No more stacks of paper.

Where to go next? I met with the pilot leadership team and together we came up with the name Kellogg Education Technology Incubator and the mission statement of creating “the best technology experience among MBA programs in the world.”

With our new mission and help from Dr. Gad Allon in securing funding from a group of alumni, we had the freedom to pilot new ideas. What we didn’t have were the ideas. I then realized we could crowdsource pilot projects from the whole student body. From 22 ideas submitted at a KETI kickoff event, we chose eight to pitch in our final event. Each of the eight teams presented their idea and then the audience of students and faculty graded each team using clickers on a scale of 1 to 5 in four areas. The four teams with the highest average point score at the end of the night were selected for the first class of the incubator and given $60,000 to develop and pilot their ideas. Each team did successfully pilot their idea (ArbylKetchUpTuplee, & You@Kellogg).

It has been an amazing journey during my time at Kellogg to build KETI, launch my startup and digitize the Kellogg experience. I’m honored to receive the Leadership Award for Innovation and in the end have to give credit to my MMM professors who taught me user-centered design, my classmates who supported my far-fetched ideas and the deans for taking on the risk to run these experiments and give me freedom to make my Kellogg experience match my goals.

Westin Hatch ’14 recently graduated from the Kellogg MMM program and was awarded the Kellogg Leadership Award for Innovation.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions Tagged: Innovation, KETI, Startups
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.55
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM