Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 05:08 It is currently 08 May 2024, 05:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Olin '19 (WL)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 583 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Indian Applicants - 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
Hey everyone, I need a little help here. I'm taking my GMAT next week and i'm still dwindling with my thoughts on the colleges I need to apply.

I don't want to go all out and apply to all of the top ones because just the applications are a pretty serious dent on the pocket. So it would be great if i could gather your thoughts here.

Based on the GMAT Prep mocks and Kaplan tests i've given I'm expecting ~720 which (+/- 20). [Got a 740 in GMAT Prep]. I am a Chartered accountant having been in the auto industry with Cummins for just above 36 months now. Strong academics (~88% in 10th & 12th | secured an AIR 26 in CA finals)/ not that much too boast on the extra-curricular's except a few institute level debates but I do take pride on my analytical skills.
Basically i'm looking for a sector change post MBA from finance & want to divulge into the world of consulting post an MBA. (the likes of BCG, McK, Bain etc.)

Having all this in mind here's my list of what what i think i can apply. SUGGESTIONS PLZ ::

1. ISB ; 2. Northwestern Univ: Kellog ; 3. Yale ; 4. NYU Stern ; 5. Duke : Fuqua ; 6. Oxford : Said (????) 7. HEC Paris

Chicago Booth , Haas, MIT Sloan
follow but not sure if i'm getting too optimistic here ???
CR Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 15284 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
WE:Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Calling all Indian Applicants - 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bindrakunal wrote:
Hey everyone, I need a little help here. I'm taking my GMAT next week and i'm still dwindling with my thoughts on the colleges I need to apply.

I don't want to go all out and apply to all of the top ones because just the applications are a pretty serious dent on the pocket. So it would be great if i could gather your thoughts here.

Based on the GMAT Prep mocks and Kaplan tests i've given I'm expecting ~720 which (+/- 20). [Got a 740 in GMAT Prep]. I am a Chartered accountant having been in the auto industry with Cummins for just above 36 months now. Strong academics (~88% in 10th & 12th | secured an AIR 26 in CA finals)/ not that much too boast on the extra-curricular's except a few institute level debates but I do take pride on my analytical skills.
Basically i'm looking for a sector change post MBA from finance & want to divulge into the world of consulting post an MBA. (the likes of BCG, McK, Bain etc.)

Having all this in mind here's my list of what what i think i can apply. SUGGESTIONS PLZ ::

1. ISB ; 2. Northwestern Univ: Kellog ; 3. Yale ; 4. NYU Stern ; 5. Duke : Fuqua ; 6. Oxford : Said (????) 7. HEC Paris

Hi, Are you considering only USA and UK? I suggest you take a look at my post:
calling-all-hhl-leipzig-mba-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-208609.html#p1602419

Feel free to send me a message if you have any queries.

Originally posted by sayantanc2k on 18 Nov 2015, 03:56.
Last edited by sayantanc2k on 18 Nov 2015, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
CR Moderator
Schools:
Send PM
Expert Reply
PinakiRDas wrote:
Hi All

I am planning for a MBA somewhere in 2017. Considering my age and current salary I am wondering if it is worth going for an MBA after all.

A brief bio about me:

1. Male, currently 35 years old and a Canadian Immigrant at present.
2. BE from Bangalore with terrible grades, MSc from UK with average grades.
3. About 9 years of IT experience at present will be about 11 years when I plan to apply.
4. Developer and Team lead experience in Wipro, IBM, Accenture and HCL (in India). Also worked for IBM Canada (onsite) and currently working for a Canadian company.
5. By the time I apply it will be almost 5 years of international experience and 6 year experience in India.

I am planning for the following (in descending importance):

1. Wharton
2. Chicago Booth
3. Stanford GSB

Now the question is on ROI. Though I will be able to take a student loan in Canada to finance the major part of my expenses, this is how they stack up:

$200k MBA expense + $200k (loss of income for these 2 years considering that I earn around $100k/year) = $400k and even if I get the almost highest non-immigrant base salary of $130k it will be almost 3+ years post MBA before I actually start earning.

So I have the following questions:

1. Is it worth taking the plunge at this age (I am enthusiastic though not convinced)?
2. Am I a fit for these B Schools (considering my experience and an average 680-700 ish GMAT score)?

Thanks in Advance

Hi Pinaki,

I am 41, my score is 780 and I suggest that you take a look at my following posts:

calling-all-hhl-leipzig-mba-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-208609.html#p1602419
780-q50-v47-old-fogey-who-me-stop-kidding-boy-190828.html#p1462711

Send me a message if you have any queries.

Regards,

Sayantan
CR Moderator
Schools:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shinigami wrote:
Hello,

I am planning to apply for Fall 2016 MBA.

Following are my qualifications

GMAT Score
3 attempts:
1st 660( Q-49 V-31)
2nd 680(Q-48 V-34) in 2014
3rd 710 (Q48 V-39) in 2015

Education:

R.V College of Engineering, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
BE, Mechanical Engineering, July 2012
Graduated First Class with Distinction. GPA: 8.56/10
Extra curriculars: Member of the Rotaract club district 3190 from 2008-2010, was involved in orphanage visits
Vounteer work and in charge for online gaming section of inter and intra college fests(~20 people)

Experience:
Honda, India Bangalore, India 3 years
Customer Relations Coordinator – South India
Cross functional working among area, zonal and regional managers for customer complaint resolution
Trained dealership manpower and dealer management.
On site visit for complaint reduction parameters, customer handling and legal case handling
Won award for best performer (top 5% of my department) of more than 80 people
2012-2014: Field Services Area In Charge – Customer Services
Acted as a liaison between company and 14 dealers, was responsible for claim settlements, technical
feedback, manpower development, new dealer appointment
Was responsible for the order and sale of parts, and after sales services

Internships

Indian institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Department of Aerospace Engineering, Intern
Studied the basic principles of EFPI (Extrinsic Fabry-Perot Interferometers)
Developed a new method of non destructive testing and analysis of metal fracture involving EFPI
Sensors
GE Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Engineering team, Intern (2 months)

ADDITIONAL:
Use of C++, Virtual Basic, Matlab,
Hobbies: Piano, Guitar, Soccer and reading Mystery Novels, and travelling.
Presently involved in musical organization during regional office events.
Extensive international travel: SE Asia, Europe and China (2 months respectively) during school and college days

Looking for a good gen management/ operations program

Interested in Darden, Rice, Tuck,UNC, Cornell, Georgetown,
What are my chances

You may take a look at my following post:

Feel free to send me PM if you have any query.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
bindrakunal wrote:

Kellogg, Stern, Booth, Haas and MIT are going to be tough with a score of 720. Your 10th/12th academics don't matter in the US/ European programs. And if you have not mentioned your Undergrad results, I will assume that you did it by correspondence, which a lot of the CAs do. I don't think that will help much either.

Suggest that you make a realistic decision on your choice of b-schools once you have your GMAT score
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi All,

GMAT - 750, Q49, V42, AW - 4.5, IR - 8.
TOEFL - 110
10th % - 85.4.
12th % - 57.2.

B.Tech(CSE) - GPA is 8.08 out 10 from Calcutta Institute of Technology.

M.Tech(Operations Research) - GPA 8.5 from NIT Durgapur. 1 international paper and best paper award.

Currently working with IBM as System Engineer since June 2013. Got 2 awards for displaying skillful efficiency and 1 promotion.

Co-founder of a Takeaway/Delivery Restaurant since 6 months. I am in charge of the operations and customer experience for the same. we have garnered nice reviews and following, some of which have mentioned me for diligence. Also involved in managing a event management star-tup with strong base in Kolkata since 2010.

Have been actively involved in community service in and out of organization - founding member of a virtual community for social Work purpose(started in Orkut). Regular in teaching slum children, donating blood and clothes to the underprivileged.
Solo traveler, have own travel blog.
Organized inter- school quiz while in 10th, acted as Hall secretary while in M.Tech.
Editor of a little poetry magazine for some months.

Post MBA goals:

Short Term: Getting into an operations consulting role.
Long Term: Getting into operations strategy consulting role.

Constraints: No financial backup. Need to identify the schools where I can get full loan. Some scholarship will be icing on the cake!

Already applying to ISB and NUS. Please help me identify the US schools that might be safe for me in R2.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
pritha1988 wrote:
Hi All,

TOEFL - 110
10th % - 85.4.
12th % - 57.2.

M.Tech(Operations Research) - GPA 8.5 from NIT Durgapur. 1 international paper and best paper award.

Currently working with IBM as System Engineer since June 2013. Got 2 awards for displaying skillful efficiency and 1 promotion.

Co-founder of a Takeaway/Delivery Restaurant since 6 months. I am in charge of the operations and customer experience for the same. we have garnered nice reviews and following, some of which have mentioned me for diligence. Also involved in managing a event management star-tup with strong base in Kolkata since 2010.

Have been actively involved in community service in and out of organization - founding member of a virtual community for social Work purpose(started in Orkut). Regular in teaching slum children, donating blood and clothes to the underprivileged.
Organized inter- school quiz while in 10th, acted as Hall secretary while in M.Tech.

Post MBA goals:

Constraints: No financial backup. Need to identify the schools where I can get full loan. Some scholarship will be icing on the cake!

Already applying to ISB and NUS. Please help me identify the US schools that might be safe for me in R2.

You have a nice profile Pritha! Although your experience is on the lower side, I think you are doing good with the startup and the extra curricular activities, which gives you a chance to show leadership outside work.

You could apply to programs from top 15-30 - Bloomberg ranking (https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015- ... s-schools/), based upon the programs you like and identify with.

Reach out if you'd like to discuss further.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
MBADecoder wrote:
pritha1988 wrote:
Hi All,

TOEFL - 110
10th % - 85.4.
12th % - 57.2.

Post MBA goals:

You have a nice profile Pritha! Although your experience is on the lower side, I think you are doing good with the startup and the extra curricular activities, which gives you a chance to show leadership outside work.

You could apply to programs from top 15-30 - Bloomberg ranking (https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015- ... s-schools/), based upon the programs you like and identify with.

Reach out if you'd like to discuss further.

Thanks a lot Namita! Any input regarding the financial aspect?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [9]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
Can someone please suggest the names of admissions consultants based in India who have a reputation and success rate in getting Indian applicants admitted to US b schools ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [2]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Class 10th - 83%
Class 12th - 80%

B.Tech - SMVDU, J&K (Admission formerly through AIEEE-AIR, Now IIT-JEE Mains RANK)

Mechanical Engg : CGP-7.33

GMAT - 720 (48/40)
Work Ex - Tata Engineering And Industrial Services (Aerospace and Defence) - 40 months
2 Promotions in 3.5 years, Technology Analyst Promotion Expected - April'2015

Clients - Airbus Aviation, Rolls Royce Aviation

Worked as Design Engineer for AIRBUS, A-350 Aircraft Harness Routing and Bracket Designing.
Machine Drawing Creation for AIRBUS Wing Components.
Interaction with German and French Clients.

Presently Working for Rolls-Royce Aero-Engine :-

Responsibiliy - Product Engineer/Quality Reviewer for Engine Externals Manufacturing Drawings
Fuel,Oil,Air Pipe Routing for Trent 1000/XWB/BR700 Series Gas Turbine Engines.
Electrical Harness Routing for Trent 1000/XWB/BR700 Series Gas Turbine Engines.
Support Structures Designing/Machine Drawing Creation.
Responsible for Supply Chain Porforma creations.
Process Improvement (PDCA) Automation Projects.

Certifications/Achievements :-

Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance Engineer Certified.
Short term course (Coursera) - Operation Management and Supply Chain Management (Wharton - University of Pennsylvania)
Rated among top 10% employees 2014-15

Extra Curicular :-

One of the Founding Members of NSS Flagship NGO - Vikalp, Jammu and Kashmir
Working for Civic Body NGO in Bangalore - Janagrahh(IchangemyCity)
Various Cultural Certificates - School/College

My Question:-

How will you rate my profile for ISB?
Which Schools abroad I should target?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Gmat: 680
Q: 47
V: 37
IR: 7
AWA: awaited

Commerce grad from University of Madras through Correspondence. So the marks didnt really matter.
Did an mba from Anna University, Chennai with a CGPA of 6.6.

Work Experience:
3.5 year as an audit clerk with a Chartered Accountant. Audit for companies as per Indian GAAP. Automated a Service Quality Audit for one of the top 3 Private banks and reduced the cost of labor from an 8 member team to deploying a 2 member team. Headed the project and managed the teams through the audit.
3.5 years cumulative in Banking, Media and Research Companies.
Banking: Wealth Management for HNI clients of the bank. New business Acquisition. Founded the CSR South wing and created programs for Government school children on Financial literacy. A successful program that was implemented for more than 1000 students across my city and won national recognition within the organisation.

Media: Budgeting and Campaign Management for National Corporate's on advertising spends across mediums and increasing the size of advertising spends on all mediums.

Consulting: My current job is with a well known research and consulting company. And have been working only US clients till date. And is primarily into business development.

The core of all my duties has been into Business Development.

1 year part time digital marketing for an online lending library. Did solid work and produced quantitative results in terms of revenue. Increased the revenue per month by 300% consistently.

EC:
Running a theater production company since 2012. Produced various shows across the country. Have been doing Corporate shows for all these years. Have won Internationally acclaimed awards for a few productions. Have brought tangible monetary results. Lead and managed several teams of actors, writers, directors for various festivals and productions.

Running a Merchandise support company since January 2015, into end to end wedding and corporate merchandise support. Have some national names as clients. Have shown good growth.

Consultant to an NGO and did solid work on their strategy and development. Worked on fund raising and strategy development for the NGO. In the process of converting all ideas into actions for the NGO.

Professional photographer since 2014.

Have traveled a lot across the country. Scaled a couple of Peaks in the Himalayan Range. Avid trekker, Passionate cyclist.

Target Schools:
University of Rochester: Simon School
University of Notre Dame: Mendoza
Purdue University: Krannert
ASU: WP Carey
Texas A&M: Mays
Boston College: Carroll
Also considering Rotman.

Short Term goals: To master the operations side of business and have a 360 degree approach to management with solid BD work in the past.
Long Term goals: Management Consulting.

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Cadaver wrote:
Class 10th - 83%

How will you rate my profile for ISB?
Which Schools abroad I should target?

Hi Cadaver,

(feels devilish to say that :twisted: )

Yes, you do have a good profile for ISB- submit a great application which involves: demonstrating career growth, leadership, and goals clarity.
You can also apply to other b-schools- I can suggest a few names but would need to know your career goals and preferences for b-school- geography/ program focus/ any other.

Do feel free to share your resume with me at contact@mbadecoder.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi !
This is AVEEK DAS from India.

Below is my Profile Details:

A. Academics :
1. Secondary - 88.4 %
2. Higher Secondary - 90.90 %
3. U.G - Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Degree : B.E in Chemical Engineering
GPA - 3.7 (Converted)
First Class Honors
4. PGDBA (Distance) - Symbiosis Centre For Distance Learning (SCDL)
Grade - A

B. Work experience :
1) 5+ years of experience as a Senior Engineering Consultant in M.N.Dastur, India.
Key Industry - Steel, Aluminum, Water & Utilities.
Key Role - Engineering, Design, Consultancy, Supervising Commissioning.
Major Clients - TATA Steel, VIZAG Steel, Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), HINDALCO (Aditya Birla Group) etc.

2) 1+ years of experience as Assistant Manager (Process & Project) in CFI Technologies (CFI Holding), India (France)
Key Industry - Chemical, Fertilizers, Water & Utilities.
Key Role - Engineering, Design, Consultancy, Supervising Commissioning.
Major Clients - RAZI Petrochemical Company (Iran), Saudi Chemical Company (Saudi Arabia), Petro Vietnam Company (Vietnam) etc.

C. International Exposure :
1. Engineering Dealing (Basic & Detail)/Tender/Business Meetings/Contracts with
a) German Designers/Manufactures like SMS Siemag, Siemens, Achenbach etc.
b) Italian Designers/Manufactures like Danieli etc.
c) British Designers/Manufactures like Parkegate etc.
d) Spanish Designers/Manufactures like Sarralle etc.

D. Extra Curricular :
1. Member in School Event Organisation Committee for 2 years.
2. Tabla - 4th year passed.
3. Football - Professionally trained for 2 years.
4. Table Tennis Champion in Intra-Office Competition.
5. Winner in Intra-Office Cricket Tournament.

E. Hobbies & Interest :
1. Innovation, Strategies, Music.

F. Target Schools :
1. Rotman
2. Schulich
3. IMD (EMBA)
4. Sloan (ambitious)
5. LBS (ambitious)
6. Said (ambitious)
7. IIMA (EMBA)
8. IIMC (EMBA)
9. ISB (EMBA)
10. Kellogg (ambitious)
11. Stern (ambitious)

G. Target Programs : Full time MBA/Executive MBA (as specified)
1. Finance
2. Operations

H. GMAT : I am going to give GMAT in April, 2016 for matriculating in 2017.

What should be the range of my GMAT score to get shortlisted in the above mentioned universities based on my profile? I would be highly obliged if someone can guide me on this.
Looking forward for a reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Aveek
CR Moderator
Schools:
Send PM
Expert Reply
aveek86

Hi Aveek,

Very attractive profile you have. As you may have already found out, GMAT score is not the only criterion to get an admission to a good school. However you will get the details of GMAT range and median score in FT website.

How are you placed on financing your MBA studies? In addition to the colleges you mentioned, you may consider German MBA colleges as your destination. Coming from a hardcore mechanical and chemical engineering background, your decision to come here could be a very prudent one, as this country is the hub of these fields of engineering. I have very similar experience as yours (Jadavpur University, mechanical engineering industry, Oil and gas sector in middle-east), and I have already received an internship offer (within 4 months of joining) with an indication of conversion to a fixed position. My job is in operations. Feel free to send me a msg if you would like to discuss in details about the German option; I would be happy to discuss [you are my college-junior after all :) ]. You may also take a look at my post below about the college I am studying in:

Regards,

Sayantan
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Hello everyone.

Applying for FT MBA 2016 intake as well. Here's my profile -

Gmat : 640 2 years ago, 710 (49, 35) recently, in December 2015. Slightly disappointed with this score as I was aiming for 730+, was averaging ~40 on my verbal section during prep tests.
Work ex : 3+ years upon matriculation. Worked in business developement at a local organization which exports technical and educational equipment globally. Couple of promotions, territory manager currently. Along with that launched an entrepreneurial venture last year as well in a nascent field. Was pretty successful, got substantial funding and several large MNC partners.
Undergrad : BBA at an average college. Horrible grades (49%).

Aim : MBA in strategy. Would probably enter entrepreneurship again in the future, want to work for a major management consultancy in the short term.

Schools applied to :
Boston University - Interview done
UNC - Haven't heard back
Mcdonough - Interview done
Simon - Haven't heard back
Olin - Haven't heard back
Katz - Rejected.

Also considering some european schools, primarily UK ones (Cranfield and Manchester). Want to apply to the German and Dutch ones as well.

I did the stupid thing and did not waive my right to view recommendations for any application. I wasn't aware that it could impact my profile negatively. Though I'm aware that I've received some stellar LORs.

Also, I'm 23. I am not sure if this will help my profile or be a deterrent. One of my counsellors did say that I should probably wait a year or two before applying.

Any advice on which schools should I consider? I wanted to apply to some more ambitious ones (like Kellogg, LBS et al) but I feel it's just money down the drain.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
deadraizer wrote:
Hello everyone.

Applying for FT MBA 2016 intake as well. Here's my profile -

Gmat : 640 2 years ago, 710 (49, 35) recently, in December 2015. Slightly disappointed with this score as I was aiming for 730+, was averaging ~40 on my verbal section during prep tests.
Work ex : 3+ years upon matriculation. Worked in business developement at a local organization which exports technical and educational equipment globally. Couple of promotions, territory manager currently. Along with that launched an entrepreneurial venture last year as well in a nascent field. Was pretty successful, got substantial funding and several large MNC partners.
Undergrad : BBA at an average college. Horrible grades (49%).

Aim : MBA in strategy. Would probably enter entrepreneurship again in the future, want to work for a major management consultancy in the short term.

Schools applied to :
Boston University - Interview done
UNC - Haven't heard back
Mcdonough - Interview done
Simon - Haven't heard back
Olin - Haven't heard back
Katz - Rejected.

Also considering some european schools, primarily UK ones (Cranfield and Manchester). Want to apply to the German and Dutch ones as well.

I did the stupid thing and did not waive my right to view recommendations for any application. I wasn't aware that it could impact my profile negatively. Though I'm aware that I've received some stellar LORs.

Also, I'm 23. I am not sure if this will help my profile or be a deterrent. One of my counsellors did say that I should probably wait a year or two before applying.

Any advice on which schools should I consider? I wanted to apply to some more ambitious ones (like Kellogg, LBS et al) but I feel it's just money down the drain.

Hey deadraizer,

First of all I'd like to say that with a 710, you would probably have to retake considering your overall work experience if you were to apply to the likes of Kellogg and LBS.

When it comes to schools in the UK, you have to take into consideration the visa restrictions in the UK as well as the relatively high tuition fees and living expenses, which brings to schools in Germany. Now, Germany as an MBA destination has been growing over the past few years. People are gradually realizing the value of pursuing an MBA in Germany, and I must say the positives far outweigh the negatives. First of all, the economy here is strong. Jobs are aplenty, tuition fees are low and standard of living is much lower than the likes of US, UK. In short, your ROI would be great! Furthermore, 710 GMAT score + your well rounded work experience would mean that you would be considered a strong candidate for German B-Schools. The only negative, and that is only if you consider this a negative factor, is the importance of having a solid grasp in German when it comes to securing jobs post-MBA. However, this should not be a hindrance because this gives you an opportunity to learn a foreign language which has its own benefits in the long run. I'm sure you would agree with that.

Now, keeping in mind you're interests in entrepreneurship I would definitely recommend HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management (calling-all-hhl-leipzig-mba-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-208609.html) . The school is known for its focus and backing towards entrepreneurship. The tuition fees is relatively low and the program is flexible. Also, the school offers German classes year round which is VERY useful. Another bonus is the low standard of living (Housing rents are nearly half of that in bigger cities like Munich, Frankfurt). Also, you have a great mix of competent international students. I would suggest that you have a look at the university website.

All the best for your application journey!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
deepsea13 wrote:
Hey deadraizer,

First of all I'd like to say that with a 710, you would probably have to retake considering your overall work experience if you were to apply to the likes of Kellogg and LBS.

When it comes to schools in the UK, you have to take into consideration the visa restrictions in the UK as well as the relatively high tuition fees and living expenses, which brings to schools in Germany. Now, Germany as an MBA destination has been growing over the past few years. People are gradually realizing the value of pursuing an MBA in Germany, and I must say the positives far outweigh the negatives. First of all, the economy here is strong. Jobs are aplenty, tuition fees are low and standard of living is much lower than the likes of US, UK. In short, your ROI would be great! Furthermore, 710 GMAT score + your well rounded work experience would mean that you would be considered a strong candidate for German B-Schools. The only negative, and that is only if you consider this a negative factor, is the importance of having a solid grasp in German when it comes to securing jobs post-MBA. However, this should not be a hindrance because this gives you an opportunity to learn a foreign language which has its own benefits in the long run. I'm sure you would agree with that.

Now, keeping in mind you're interests in entrepreneurship I would definitely recommend HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management (calling-all-hhl-leipzig-mba-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-208609.html) . The school is known for its focus and backing towards entrepreneurship. The tuition fees is relatively low and the program is flexible. Also, the school offers German classes year round which is VERY useful. Another bonus is the low standard of living (Housing rents are nearly half of that in bigger cities like Munich, Frankfurt). Also, you have a great mix of competent international students. I would suggest that you have a look at the university website.

All the best for your application journey!

Hello deepsea13,

Thanks for the reply. I understand about the LBS/Kellogg issue, hence not going to apply to them.

I am considering German schools currently, and HHL Leipzig is one amongst them. I don't mind learning German. Some of my acquaintances have recommended Germany to me as well. Will probably apply to some after my current application decisions are finalized (mid-march).
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4