Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 19:17 It is currently 03 May 2024, 19:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GPA: 3.76
WE:Supply Chain Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Hi GMAC,
Is there will be any contest or any offer on the eve of Christmas this year or New year -2016 to avail the opportunity of free GMAT registration.
Please keep posted, if any such upcoming events. thanks.
Send PM
Expert Reply
shapla wrote:
Hi GMAC,
Is there will be any contest or any offer on the eve of Christmas this year or New year -2016 to avail the opportunity of free GMAT registration.
Please keep posted, if any such upcoming events. thanks.

Hello,

We have some promotions coming up at the end of December and beginning of January that might interest you. I don't have the details yet, but once everything is ready and finalized, I'll be sure to announce it here! Also, keep checking our website and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and promotions.

https://www.mba.com
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialGMAT
https://www.twitter.com/OfficialGMAT

Thanks,
Jeremy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
I bought the GMAT Prep Question Bank 1 and Exam Pack 1 and downloaded them into the GMAT Prep software. However, when I enter the activation code and click, activate, nothing happens. I've tried a dozen or so times, restarted my computer, verified the activation codes, tried removing the dashes - no luck. I tried calling the hotline a few hours ago but it just rang and then hung up on me. I emailed support, also a few hours ago, but I really need to take at least one test and have access to the questions this weekend. My test is December 23, so I'm down to the wire. Anyone have any solutions for me? Thanks!
Send PM
Expert Reply
whitman wrote:
I bought the GMAT Prep Question Bank 1 and Exam Pack 1 and downloaded them into the GMAT Prep software. However, when I enter the activation code and click, activate, nothing happens. I've tried a dozen or so times, restarted my computer, verified the activation codes, tried removing the dashes - no luck. I tried calling the hotline a few hours ago but it just rang and then hung up on me. I emailed support, also a few hours ago, but I really need to take at least one test and have access to the questions this weekend. My test is December 23, so I'm down to the wire. Anyone have any solutions for me? Thanks!

Hello. Have you tried the solutions offered here? https://www.mba.com/global/frequently-as ... tware.aspx. If nothing there works, you will need to discuss the issue with gmatprep@mba.com and they can help you find a solution. Thanks.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
I can't run GMAT Prep on Windows 10, it ways - not supported.
tried compatibility mode - doesn't want to run...
why?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,
Today, I had my GMAT exam at EDU pro centre in sec 23 , Dwarka, New Delhi. Around 45 mins prior to my exam I got a call from the test center stating that my exam has been delayed for technical reasons. I panicked at the very thought as I was already on my way to the test centre. Frantically, I called the test center to confirm it and to my horror the test administrator relayed the same stuff. Finally , I reached the center at around 1:30 Pm and met a guy called Nav , who told me the same stuff about delayed exam.
At this point, I was certain that my exam was delayed. However, I called GMAC customer service to relay my concerns and check whether delay from test center side was a normal stuff. The Gmac guy told me that its abnormal for a test centre to delay the exam and suggested that i ask the test administrator to have a word with gmac. When I asked the test admin to contact gmac , he flatly said 'you can start the exam right away ' completely ignoring what he was saying a few mins ago.
At last, I started my exam horrified with the dubious intentions of the test centre. Everything started to feel okay as the exam went on , suddenly, with only 35 mins to the end of verbal section, the computer crashed (5:30 pm around) disrupting my focus and momentum. Initially, I thought this is a routine issue and the computer will reboot in few minutes, but it didn't. The test administrator tried every possible trick and finally at 5:55 Pm told me that if this computer doesn't starts in few mins then I will have to reschedule my exam to a later day, I almost had a nervous breakdown upon hearing this. It took nearly 35 mins for the computer to start resulting in disruption in momentum and focus. This disastrous adventure resulted in an abysmal verbal score of 30, which is hard to digest.
I want a compensation for this fiasco and want you to  reschedule my gmat exam as soon as possible.
I have attached the voice recordings and I hope you can watch the video recordings to verify my complain.

Regds,

Originally posted by iamkvbit on 04 Jan 2016, 08:41.
Last edited by iamkvbit on 08 Dec 2018, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Send PM
I have one question. It has been bothering me for some time already.
I am officially a citizen of two countries. When I took the first time the GMAT, i had only one citizenship. I registered as needed, took the test, and was happy with what it was at that time.
Now, I have another citizenship. Is it possible to register another user, and schedule an exam with it? Will it be considered "cheating"?
Knowing that a new user will have no history, the score report, after taking the GMAT, will have the results of only 1 exam.

IF the above is not allowed, is it possible to change somehow the citizenship on the website?

I don't know whether anyone else had this issue, but in the next years, I am supposed to get citizenship of another country, and thus, most likely, I will have the citizenship, with which the original account was registered, revoked.
Send PM
Expert Reply
mvictor wrote:
I can't run GMAT Prep on Windows 10, it ways - not supported.
tried compatibility mode - doesn't want to run...
why?

Hello,

Our software should be compatible with Windows 10. If you're still having issues, please send an email along with a screenshot of the issue or error message to gmatprep@mba.com so we can follow up.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
amanksingh wrote:
Hi,
Today, I had my GMAT exam at EDU pro centre in sec 23 , Dwarka, New Delhi. Around 45 mins prior to my exam I got a call from the test center stating that my exam has been delayed for technical reasons. I panicked at the very thought as I was already on my way to the test centre. Frantically, I called the test center to confirm it and to my horror the test administrator relayed the same stuff. Finally , I reached the center at around 1:30 Pm and met a guy called Nav , who told me the same stuff about delayed exam.
At this point, I was certain that my exam was delayed. However, I called GMAC customer service to relay my concerns and check whether delay from test center side was a normal stuff. The Gmac guy told me that its abnormal for a test centre to delay the exam and suggested that i ask the test administrator to have a word with gmac. When I asked the test admin to contact gmac , he flatly said 'you can start the exam right away ' completely ignoring what he was saying a few mins ago.
At last, I started my exam horrified with the dubious intentions of the test centre. Everything started to feel okay as the exam went on , suddenly, with only 35 mins to the end of verbal section, the computer crashed (5:30 pm around) disrupting my focus and momentum. Initially, I thought this is a routine issue and the computer will reboot in few minutes, but it didn't. The test administrator tried every possible trick and finally at 5:55 Pm told me that if this computer doesn't starts in few mins then I will have to reschedule my exam to a later day, I almost had a nervous breakdown upon hearing this. It took nearly 35 mins for the computer to start resulting in disruption in momentum and focus. This disastrous adventure resulted in an abysmal verbal score of 30, which is hard to digest.
I want a compensation for this fiasco and want you to  reschedule my gmat exam as soon as possible.
I have attached the voice recordings and I hope you can watch the video recordings to verify my complain.

Regds,
Candidate:Aman Kumar Singh
Gmat score : 660(Q50 V30 )

Candidate ID:‎100001883618‎
Registration ID:288376869  
Date:‎ Monday, January 4, 2016‎Time:‎2:00 PM‎
(Time shown is test center local time.)‎ 
 Test Center Location (Directions shown below)
EDUPROOFFICE SPACE NUMBER 332,3RD FLOOR, VARDHMAN PLUS CITY MALL,SECTOR-23, DWARKANEW DELHI DELHI 110075INDIA  Test Center Phone Number:‎0091 88267 21981‎

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about this. I will provide this to our Customer Care team for follow-up. If we need anything further, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
amanksingh wrote:
Hi,

Regds,
Candidate:Aman Kumar Singh
Gmat score : 660(Q50 V30 )

Candidate ID:‎100001883618‎
Registration ID:288376869  
Date:‎ Monday, January 4, 2016‎Time:‎2:00 PM‎
(Time shown is test center local time.)‎ 
 Test Center Location (Directions shown below)
EDUPROOFFICE SPACE NUMBER 332,3RD FLOOR, VARDHMAN PLUS CITY MALL,SECTOR-23, DWARKANEW DELHI DELHI 110075INDIA  Test Center Phone Number:‎0091 88267 21981‎

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We escalated your issue to Pearson VUE for follow-up. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
mvictor wrote:
I have one question. It has been bothering me for some time already.
I am officially a citizen of two countries. When I took the first time the GMAT, i had only one citizenship. I registered as needed, took the test, and was happy with what it was at that time.
Now, I have another citizenship. Is it possible to register another user, and schedule an exam with it? Will it be considered "cheating"?
Knowing that a new user will have no history, the score report, after taking the GMAT, will have the results of only 1 exam.

IF the above is not allowed, is it possible to change somehow the citizenship on the website?

I don't know whether anyone else had this issue, but in the next years, I am supposed to get citizenship of another country, and thus, most likely, I will have the citizenship, with which the original account was registered, revoked.

Hello,

This is a great question. No, you should not create another account. Doing so may risk you having your GMAT scores cancelled. You will need to contact GMAT customer service (https://www.mba.com/contact) to have the update made to your profile. Please let us know if you have any trouble or have any further questions.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
gloube wrote:
Hi

I took the GMAT on December 23rd. I got an unofficial score report at the end of the exam, but I still haven't received the official report.

My worry is that on the MBA.COM website, the status of my exam is blank, i.e. nothing is written (in "My GMAT" and then in "Past Exams"). Is this normal? Shouldn't it read "Delivery successful" or any other status? How can I be sure that there is no problem with my GMAT exam and that I will soon receive an official score that confirms my unofficial score report?

I need to submit my MBA applications tomorrow, any help appreciated...

I can provide my personal details in private message.

Thanks!

Hello,

If you can send in your contact information, including your GMAT ID, to socialmedia@mba.com, we can look it up in our systems to make sure the status of the exam is correct. Please note, it can take up to 20 days for official scores to be received. If you have any questions or further issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Finance
Send PM
Hi GMAC team,

I am using the web interface, which is accessible at gmat-wiley-com, of the Official Guide 2016 to practice all the GMAT questions.
After finishing some of the questions I am wondering how the online interface selects the questions for one practice session.

Let's assume I choose 20 questions in the Exam Mode and I select DS and PS as allowed question types.
Does the web interface select only "not answered" questions or all questions regardless of whether the questions were already answered, answered incorrect or answered correct?

Thank you.
Alex
Send PM
Expert Reply
alexanderbell wrote:
Hi GMAC team,

I am using the web interface, which is accessible at gmat-wiley-com, of the Official Guide 2016 to practice all the GMAT questions.
After finishing some of the questions I am wondering how the online interface selects the questions for one practice session.

Let's assume I choose 20 questions in the Exam Mode and I select DS and PS as allowed question types.
Does the web interface select only "not answered" questions or all questions regardless of whether the questions were already answered, answered incorrect or answered correct?

Thank you.
Alex

Hello,

You will need to contact Wiley directly for further assistance and questions about this interface. For technical support with the online component, contact Wiley for further assistance at https://wiley.custhelp.com or call Wiley at: +1-800-762-2974 (U.S.), +1-317-572-3994 (international). If we can help with anything further, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Schools: Haas '15
Send PM
Jeremy,

You mentioned late-2015 ETA for Exam Pack 2. Can you update this for us?

This software is by far the most valuable prep tool, but desperately needs a larger question bank and more analytics so that motivated studiers can better gauge their preparedness. Has GMAC ever considered open-sourcing any aspect of this software?

For example, let's assume GMAC is unwilling to reveal code or specific details related to the scoring or CAT algorithms. But maybe instead of open-sourcing the whole thing, GMAC could expand the question bank by accepting user-written questions. These user-written questions could be evaluated through a similar tool as used for "experimental" questions on the real exam, and then be uploaded into a massive question-bank database that drives the software.

Alternatively, open-source the whole damn thing on github. There are a lot of really smart people on here, some percentage of which are talented software developers. So you could get thousands of hours of expert code-writing for free.

Overall, there is infinite demand for more GMAC prep material. Someone there needs to figure out how to provide it.
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAUsername wrote:
Jeremy,

This software is by far the most valuable prep tool, but desperately needs a larger question bank and more analytics so that motivated studiers can better gauge their preparedness. Has GMAC ever considered open-sourcing any aspect of this software?

For example, let's assume GMAC is unwilling to reveal code or specific details related to the scoring or CAT algorithms. But maybe instead of open-sourcing the whole thing, GMAC could expand the question bank by accepting user-written questions. These user-written questions could be evaluated through a similar tool as used for "experimental" questions on the real exam, and then be uploaded into a massive question-bank database that drives the software.

Alternatively, open-source the whole damn thing on github. There are a lot of really smart people on here, some percentage of which are talented software developers. So you could get thousands of hours of expert code-writing for free.

Overall, there is infinite demand for more GMAC prep material. Someone there needs to figure out how to provide it.

Hello,

That did not happen as originally expected (clearly - since we're now in 2016), and we are still developing a final launch date for the new software. Once I have an update on this, I'll be sure to share it here. We know there is a desire for more prep materials and are looking to provide that for our users. Thank you for your input and ideas - I will certainly share this with our product teams.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAUsername wrote:
Jeremy,

Hello,

I'd like to follow-up regarding your idea for open-source questions. First off, thanks for expressing interest in more questions and practice materials! While it would be nice to open source question creation, the process for evaluating new or (i.e. "experimental") questions is extremely rigorous which would pose a big challenge. We go through a thorough development and review process for every question we use in order to produce the best quality prep materials for our candidates. Open-sourcing question creation might reduce the integrity of our questions, which may ultimately mislead candidates.

However, we are continuing to produce and release more products to meet the demand for additional practice questions and practice exams. Stay tuned here for more updates as we have them.

Thanks,
Jeremy
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  29