Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 20:54 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 20:54
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10097 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello Guys, We are hosting a webinar for Waitlisted applicants. If anyone is interested in attending this event, sign up here how-to-get-off-the-mba-waitlist-webinar-by-gmat-club-and-mbamission-212335.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
Hey all - Anyone receive any updates? Any steps taken to keep in touch with admissions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've gotten a few alums / current students to write letters of rec / support. since being placed on the waitlist during X-Mas time.

Have yet to hear anything - even from a request for a tour later in February. Planning to submit a letter in a few weeks but am curious to see how R2 shakes out.

Very unclear on any expectations for waitlist and when to hear back ... has anyone heard anything? Should we be expecting to be evaluated with R2 and (hopefully) anticipating some feedback soon?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hic57999 wrote:
I've gotten a few alums / current students to write letters of rec / support. since being placed on the waitlist during X-Mas time.

Have yet to hear anything - even from a request for a tour later in February. Planning to submit a letter in a few weeks but am curious to see how R2 shakes out.

Very unclear on any expectations for waitlist and when to hear back ... has anyone heard anything? Should we be expecting to be evaluated with R2 and (hopefully) anticipating some feedback soon?

Same here. I've had support from alumni and current students but not a peep. From what I understand WL applicants should hear back mid-March, although I wish it would come sooner.

Planning on doing the same, writing back to them in the next 2-3 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
philosobot wrote:
hic57999 wrote:

Same here. I've had support from alumni and current students but not a peep. From what I understand WL applicants should hear back mid-March, although I wish it would come sooner.

Planning on doing the same, writing back to them in the next 2-3 weeks.

Where did you hear/see that we would hear back in mid-March? I can't find anything that gives a timeline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It was in the email I received notifying me on the decision/waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
philosobot wrote:
It was in the email I received notifying me on the decision/waitlist.

Interesting - thanks for the info. I didn't receive an email - just an update on the online portal.

Would you mind either PM'ing me the contents of that email or posting here? My wait list letter only informed me of my status and mentioned I could send in materials. Nothing regarding timing / logistics like what you received.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Hey All,

Looks like I just joined you all on the waitlist. I applied R2.

Any idea where to send in additional material?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q790 V660
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
It appears that I have also recently joined the waitlist.

Those from R1 waitlist: Did anyone contact the admissions department to find out more information about their status? (such as what sort of information they were looking for/needed to be improved?)

edit: nvm, looking at a chat transcript from a few years ago, Kellee Scott mentioned that they don't share application information until the end of the decision cycle.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied: 1/4/16
Interviewed: 2/8/16
Waitlisted: 2/25/16
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Maxdarkfire wrote:
It appears that I have also recently joined the waitlist.

Waitlist update letter submitted. Here is hoping for a great outcome!.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I hear that decisions are starting to roll out.
Do we check our application status on youSC?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have any idea when us WL candidates could start hearing any feedback?

It seems that they're still placing people on the wait list for R2 applications - not sure how that affects anything.

The most difficult part here is have no clue on when to expect any correspondence !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hic57999 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea when us WL candidates could start hearing any feedback?

It seems that they're still placing people on the wait list for R2 applications - not sure how that affects anything.

The most difficult part here is have no clue on when to expect any correspondence !

Dinged.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
philosobot wrote:
hic57999 wrote:

Dinged.

Ah, I'm really sorry to hear about that. I'm sure you have have great other options!

Did you hear back recently and was the notification through email, YouSC, or the online application portal?

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hic57999 wrote:
philosobot wrote:
hic57999 wrote:

Dinged.

Ah, I'm really sorry to hear about that. I'm sure you have have great other options!
Did you hear back recently and was the notification through email, YouSC, or the online application portal?
Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Not sure if he'll reply here again since he was dinged. I attended a consortium event back in the Fall and it seems that they have their own application/acceptance/scholarship process that is separate from the school (I didn't know what the consortium was at the time as I had just started looking at schools). It is likely the ding was on the consortium page.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Not sure if he'll reply here again since he was dinged. I attended a consortium event back in the Fall and it seems that they have their own application/acceptance/scholarship process that is separate from the school (I didn't know what the consortium was at the time as I had just started looking at schools). It is likely the ding was on the consortium page.[/quote]

Consortium page doesn't post admissions information. I've been getting information primarily through e-mail and individual school portals.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts