Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:58 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I have a question!

What should one explain in such a question where you are asked - 'How do you lead a team?' Should we talk about a specific leadership style that one follows or a general answer covering the way you manage your team ?

Please help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Just a quick update, folks. I got a phone call about half an hour ago from Tara. She was calling to congratulate me on admission to Rotman and was also please to tell me that I had been granted . . . check this . . . a $30k scholarship! Woooooot!!! Over the moon! This is really awesome news for me. All the best to everyone else waiting on a decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
abduabd wrote:
Just a quick update, folks. I got a phone call about half an hour ago from Tara. She was calling to congratulate me on admission to Rotman and was also please to tell me that I had been granted . . . check this . . . a $30k scholarship! Woooooot!!! Over the moon! This is really awesome news for me. All the best to everyone else waiting on a decision.

Congrats on your admit and scholarship! Could you provide a brief background about your geographic profile (International or local applicant) and work-ex?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
havent even got a call till now, submitted my app on jan 10... is it game over now? are there still others who havent got a call?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BruceWayneBatman wrote:
havent even got a call till now, submitted my app on jan 10... is it game over now? are there still others who havent got a call?

Yeah same here.. Haven't yet received a call.. I'm doubting if they would be sending out calls now...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
krishank1808 wrote:
BruceWayneBatman wrote:

Yeah same here.. Haven't yet received a call.. I'm doubting if they would be sending out calls now...

i think game's over buddy.. lets look somewhere else.... result is to come out on feb 26 and we havent even got an invite... time to move on...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Submitted on Jan 10 and received interview email yesterday!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To all those loosing hope here, received an interview invite today..so its still not over!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Qwerty4321 wrote:
To all those loosing hope here, received an interview invite today..so its still not over!

Please don't lose hope. Rotman takes only a week to make a decision after the interview. So I'm guessing you'll hear very soon. :)
I had my interview today and the interviewer told me I'll hear from them by next week.

Questions:
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement
4. A failure and what you learnt from it
5. Why Rotman
6. What have you learnt in the last 30 days

The interview went well I think. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
indierohit wrote:
Qwerty4321 wrote:

Please don't lose hope. Rotman takes only a week to make a decision after the interview. So I'm guessing you'll hear very soon. :)
I had my interview today and the interviewer told me I'll hear from them by next week.

Questions:
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement
5. Why Rotman

Congrats!! good luck for the result. May I know a bit about ur profile and when did u submit ur app and when did u get an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
minion wrote:
indierohit wrote:
Qwerty4321 wrote:

Questions:
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement
5. Why Rotman

Congrats!! good luck for the result. May I know a bit about ur profile and when did u submit ur app and when did u get an interview invite?

yes sure, GMAT-690. Indian working abroad. 3.5 years work ex in IT Sales.
Applied- 10th Jan
Interview invite- 2nd Feb
Interview- 12th Feb
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '18 (I)
Send PM
Got in with a 10k grant!

Timeline:
Applied: Jan 10
Interview Invite: Jan 14
Interviewed: Jan 20
Admitted: Feb 8

All the Best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
krishank1808 wrote:
abduabd wrote:

Congrats on your admit and scholarship! Could you provide a brief background about your geographic profile (International or local applicant) and work-ex?

Definitely (and sorry for the late response).

African (International) engineer (BSc & MSc) working in the oil and gas sector for one of the majors. 6 years of work experience at matriculation.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi all

I had my interview with Tara last week and it was somewhat exactly like indierohit !

Questions:
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement which I am proud of
5. Why Rotman? and Why Canada
6. What have you learnt in the last 30 days (this had me reflect for at least 30-40 seconds and then I responded - she kind of liked the answer :P )
7. Do I have any questions?

I was also asked how do i plan to finance my MBA.

She said they will get back to me in 1-2 weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Has any Round 1 waitlisted applicant received an invite?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
I have still not received any interview invite. I was super confident of an interview atleast , but seems like its unlikely now, considering 11 days to results. any one else in the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
frost123 wrote:
I have still not received any interview invite. I was super confident of an interview atleast , but seems like its unlikely now, considering 11 days to results. any one else in the same boat?

Same here, brother. Was confident of getting an interview invite but haven't yet got one. Don't really know if it we could expect to get an invite with 11 days left.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts