It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 16:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 13:34
Just completed my interview with Tara. My Skype connection didn't do me any favors, though. The interview began how you'd probably expect with me running through the highlights of my resume, talking about why I want an MBA and why now, etc. There were a few behavioral questions there as well, including how I spend my free time, how I handled a failure in the past, how I constantly improve myself, long- and short-term goals etc. One question stumped me, though "what have you learned in the last 30 days?". I'm not going to lie; I floundered on that one a little bit. Anyway, I wish everyone the very best. She said I should hear back with a decision (either way) within the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!!!

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2013
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Location: Singapore
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 18:42
Applied - 11 Jan
Interview Invite - 4 Feb
Interviewed - 8 Feb

The interview was pretty much as everyone has said. I had mine with Dimitra over skype and she was very amicable and it turned out to be a fun chat more than anything.

- Initial pleasantries
- Walk me through your resume (and some more questions based off of that - this went on for quite a while).
- Where else have you applied? (this is asked more like an optional question - if you dont want to answer you can back off)
- How have you built and leveraged your network to date?
- Run me through the iPhone app you built.
- What motivates you?
- What do you feel is your proudest professional achievement to date?
- Questions for me? We were left with a couple of mins for this.

I definitely enjoyed the interview more than I thought I would. She mentioned I would be able to hear back in a week or two at the most. Hoping for the best! Good luck everyone.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2014
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 11:44
Hello there I am an int student I have been admitted to the program. I am also considering to decline the offer since I do not have the money and I do not qualify for a loan (no co-signer etc etc) Is anybody in the same situation?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 924

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 11:59
I have a question!

What should one explain in such a question where you are asked - 'How do you lead a team?' Should we talk about a specific leadership style that one follows or a general answer covering the way you manage your team ?

Please help.

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 79

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 14 [2], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 11:03
2
This post received
KUDOS
Just a quick update, folks. I got a phone call about half an hour ago from Tara. She was calling to congratulate me on admission to Rotman and was also please to tell me that I had been granted . . . check this . . . a $30k scholarship! Woooooot!!! Over the moon! This is really awesome news for me. All the best to everyone else waiting on a decision.

Kudos [?]: 14 [2], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 12:41
abduabd wrote:
Just a quick update, folks. I got a phone call about half an hour ago from Tara. She was calling to congratulate me on admission to Rotman and was also please to tell me that I had been granted . . . check this . . . a $30k scholarship! Woooooot!!! Over the moon! This is really awesome news for me. All the best to everyone else waiting on a decision.


Congrats on your admit and scholarship! Could you provide a brief background about your geographic profile (International or local applicant) and work-ex?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2015
Posts: 122

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 20:32
havent even got a call till now, submitted my app on jan 10... is it game over now? are there still others who havent got a call?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 21:22
BruceWayneBatman wrote:
havent even got a call till now, submitted my app on jan 10... is it game over now? are there still others who havent got a call?


Yeah same here.. Haven't yet received a call.. I'm doubting if they would be sending out calls now...

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2015
Posts: 122

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 22:58
krishank1808 wrote:
BruceWayneBatman wrote:
havent even got a call till now, submitted my app on jan 10... is it game over now? are there still others who havent got a call?


Yeah same here.. Haven't yet received a call.. I'm doubting if they would be sending out calls now...


i think game's over buddy.. lets look somewhere else.... result is to come out on feb 26 and we havent even got an invite... time to move on...

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 02:36
Submitted on Jan 10 and received interview email yesterday!!!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 05:35
To all those loosing hope here, received an interview invite today..so its still not over!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 10:15
Qwerty4321 wrote:
To all those loosing hope here, received an interview invite today..so its still not over!


Please don't lose hope. Rotman takes only a week to make a decision after the interview. So I'm guessing you'll hear very soon. :)
I had my interview today and the interviewer told me I'll hear from them by next week.

Questions:
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement
4. A failure and what you learnt from it
5. Why Rotman
6. What have you learnt in the last 30 days

The interview went well I think. Fingers crossed.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 10:18
indierohit wrote:
Qwerty4321 wrote:
To all those loosing hope here, received an interview invite today..so its still not over!


Please don't lose hope. Rotman takes only a week to make a decision after the interview. So I'm guessing you'll hear very soon. :)
I had my interview today and the interviewer told me I'll hear from them by next week.

Questions:
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement
4. A failure and what you learnt from it
5. Why Rotman
6. What have you learnt in the last 30 days

The interview went well I think. Fingers crossed.



Congrats!! good luck for the result. May I know a bit about ur profile and when did u submit ur app and when did u get an interview invite?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 10:22
minion wrote:
indierohit wrote:
Qwerty4321 wrote:
To all those loosing hope here, received an interview invite today..so its still not over!


Please don't lose hope. Rotman takes only a week to make a decision after the interview. So I'm guessing you'll hear very soon. :)
I had my interview today and the interviewer told me I'll hear from them by next week.

Questions:
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement
4. A failure and what you learnt from it
5. Why Rotman
6. What have you learnt in the last 30 days

The interview went well I think. Fingers crossed.



Congrats!! good luck for the result. May I know a bit about ur profile and when did u submit ur app and when did u get an interview invite?



yes sure, GMAT-690. Indian working abroad. 3.5 years work ex in IT Sales.
Applied- 10th Jan
Interview invite- 2nd Feb
Interview- 12th Feb

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross '18 (I)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 13:39
Got in with a 10k grant!

Timeline:
Applied: Jan 10
Interview Invite: Jan 14
Interviewed: Jan 20
Admitted: Feb 8

All the Best

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Posts: 32

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 23:17
krishank1808 wrote:
abduabd wrote:
Just a quick update, folks. I got a phone call about half an hour ago from Tara. She was calling to congratulate me on admission to Rotman and was also please to tell me that I had been granted . . . check this . . . a $30k scholarship! Woooooot!!! Over the moon! This is really awesome news for me. All the best to everyone else waiting on a decision.


Congrats on your admit and scholarship! Could you provide a brief background about your geographic profile (International or local applicant) and work-ex?


Definitely (and sorry for the late response).

African (International) engineer (BSc & MSc) working in the oil and gas sector for one of the majors. 6 years of work experience at matriculation.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2015
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 07:06
Hi all

I had my interview with Tara last week and it was somewhat exactly like indierohit !

Questions:
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Hobbies
3. Biggest achievement which I am proud of
4. A failure and what you learnt from it
5. Why Rotman? and Why Canada
6. What have you learnt in the last 30 days (this had me reflect for at least 30-40 seconds and then I responded - she kind of liked the answer :P )
7. Do I have any questions?

I was also asked how do i plan to finance my MBA.

She said they will get back to me in 1-2 weeks.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 192

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 15

Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 22:29
Has any Round 1 waitlisted applicant received an invite?

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 00:18
I have still not received any interview invite. I was super confident of an interview atleast , but seems like its unlikely now, considering 11 days to results. any one else in the same boat?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 00:21
frost123 wrote:
I have still not received any interview invite. I was super confident of an interview atleast , but seems like its unlikely now, considering 11 days to results. any one else in the same boat?


Same here, brother. Was confident of getting an interview invite but haven't yet got one. Don't really know if it we could expect to get an invite with 11 days left.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2016, 00:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  25    Next  [ 486 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students DaDuke 5 21 Mar 2014, 10:35
85 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 tallyho_88 585 04 Sep 2017, 12:45
1 Rotman(Toronto)-Calling all WAITLISTED applicants Class-2016 DaDuke 1 29 Feb 2016, 09:07
16 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! aderayo2002 437 04 Jul 2014, 09:11
74 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 pushpitkc 176 20 Sep 2017, 21:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.